PDA

View Full Version : Hatch Questions

HamrenDan
04-27-2005, 10:41 AM
Well the engine hatch on my Z-22 does not have a hydraulic lift, nor anything holding it down, It looks like there was something there at one time to lift it, but not anymore... I am wondering if i need to add this to the list of to do items. I mean the hatch is heavy as hell, but i wouldn't want that thing bumping open then having the wind catch it and blowing it off and down to the bottom of the lake...

What i am thinking of doing is attaching some spring hinges to help with the wieght, and then maybe a pole rod that is held on by a ring and a hand screw so it will keep it from blowing back all the way, and then getting some kind of strap on each side to keep it from bouncing up

Also should i put some weather stripping around the edges ??

Thanks in advance.

Dan Hamren

Lenny
04-27-2005, 11:09 AM
You need to follow this thread.

http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39374

EricG
04-27-2005, 12:58 PM
The Z's originally had an electric screw jack that opens the engine hatch (you should have a switch on the dash for it).

Here's a couple of pics of the one in my old boat. I unfortunately don't have any pics of the bottom of it, but this gives you the idea...maybe someone else can show some pics of theirs. I think it's a pretty standard part among powerboats. It's very handy having it with that heavy hatch...

EG

HamrenDan
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Thanks guys.. I can see how it works now.. So the struts help the hydrolic piston lift the hatch. Hmmm I bet this set up is going to cost a grand,, Doesn't look too hard to set it up...