PDA

View Full Version : The race to get ready for AOTH is on.

DonCig
04-26-2005, 10:47 PM
I installed the 1/2 system San Juan fresh water cooling system and the thing works and it doesn't leak.
If the snow and rain stop, it goes into the lake for a shakedown run this saturday.

DonCig

boldts
04-26-2005, 11:33 PM
Don,

The Donzi looks great. Hope everything shakes down fine. Heck, if there is a problem with the Donzi, I personally wouldn't mind seeing the BlackHawk Cig. kick up some KY freshwater! Have a safe trip.

Sam
04-27-2005, 03:52 PM
Great looking drive tell us more ! Have you had any issues with the low water pick up's sucking weeds and such ?

Sam

DonCig
04-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Sam, as of today I do not know how the IMCO is going to work. The Imco -2" shorty is new and untested, the San Juan is new and untested, the Livorsi GPS speedo is new and untested. The only thing I know is that the dual batteries are charged, the oil is fresh, the engine starts; and it is snowing outside. I almost sould like I live in Michigan.

DonCig

Great looking drive tell us more ! Have you had any issues with the low water pick up's sucking weeds and such ?

Sam

roadtrip se
04-27-2005, 10:41 PM
I just know it! That drive mod sure looks awesome!

We did all of the major surgery at once on the 22 and the results were amazing and head scratching at the same time.

You are going to want to try all of the props you can get your hands on at AOTH. Thanks to Mr. Boldt, Precision stuff will be in abundance. I would think a 25 Hydro q4 would also be interesting.

A couple more weeks and we ride, Michigan-style weather be d.......

Todd

DonCig
04-28-2005, 11:52 PM
Todd, thank you for all of your help and guidance over the last year. I am almost done with all of the pre AOTH modifications and I am looking forward to meeting you and Jill at the AOTH. The only thing left to install on my boat is the "Todd top secret" item that we discussed last week that brings on an instantaneous 22 mph top speed boost. The same secret that you use to routinely bury your 80 mph GPS Speedo.

Again Thanks,

DonCig

Lenny
04-29-2005, 12:19 AM
...the three blade Mirage... :) ?

boldts
04-29-2005, 10:16 AM
:lookaroun :eek: :) :biggrin: :checkered

You all are killing me! Looking forward to seeing everyone again and for the first time.

roadtrip se
04-29-2005, 11:38 AM
We've got Catch22 showing up with his 90 mph, pro-charged missle from FLA.
I just want to see that thing go by me, when I'm running 81 at 5350.

We've got Byron showing up with God-only-knows-what in his 22 from Schoelle skunkworks. I'm not buying the "stock, mild cam" stuff any more, brother.

We've got a couple of psychos showing up in Blackhawks, who always seem to find their way up front. Must be that smoother water.

And DonCig, with what I will predict will be a mid-70's, "stock mag 350", slightly modified 18 Classic. Did I see something earlier about a Scorpion 18 showing up from Indy? If so, Don, get ready...

I am sure their are others, but the show is shaping up, if I do say so Mr. Boldt!

Let's hear about them. Rick Ryan? Leo? Greg K? Where are you guys... awfully quiet out there.... time to come clean!

RT
"Relegated to spectator status and cook's assistant at AOTH V, how humbling."

gcarter
04-29-2005, 01:39 PM
We've got Catch22 showing up with his 90 mph, pro-charged missle from FLA.
I just want to see that thing go by me, when I'm running 81 at 5350.

Todd, you may need to come to FL to run w/ Catch's 22. You know that he and his Dad bought Buizilla's Minx. That's what he's bringing. He and Phil Reed are sharing driving duties. :)

tamburello
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
Man, I had to keep the throttle pinned to the glass all the way from Jamestown to Lees Ford last year just to keep from being the last one to lunch. :cool: With some of the hardware coming this year I may have to get a head start. :eek!: ;) I'm looking forward to seeing your ride Doncig and getting my gunnels blown off by a lot of fast Donzis!

- Jeff
"It ain't easy being stock"

DonCig
04-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Jeff, do not worry about your boat being stock, the only thing that my engine has modified on it is a K&N air filter.
Years ago I was in the Datsun Z car club. I had a beautiful show/race car, a 260Z with a Scarab conversion from CA. 331ci SBC, Muncie M-22 close ratio 4 speed, locked rear axle and a full road race suspension. By the time I was done with this car; it screamed with the best of them. But it had become to radical to go to the store for milk. I promised myself that I would not take this path again. If I was going to repower my 18 it would have to idle, have a reverse gear, run on regular pump gas, pull up a slalom skier, and be a gas and oil type of engine. The day will come when I put a big c.i. engine in it, but a mild durable big c.i. engine!

I am also looking foward to being able to hang with the pack, my desire is not to blow by them!

DonCig

tamburello
04-29-2005, 08:06 PM
I hear ya on the durable part, my stock power train has never failed to start and it has run strong for the last 10 years. 64 mph makes me plenty happy. I do have some special interior mods :biggrin: :yes: just no speed mods. I can't wait to blast around Cumberland with the Donzi Armada! See ya there! :shades:

- Jeff

gero1
04-29-2005, 08:10 PM
at aoth i was told i have a short shaft and little gimbals!!!! now i am a psycho..... what is a p- sick- ho any way, stop useing them big words

gcarter
04-30-2005, 05:24 AM
what the )(&*(^*&??? There's three of them driving, and they are bringing one boat?? No red rocket?? Heck, not even Phils boat?? That does it boys, turn in your man cards, and your Seadog memberships... You have officialy joined the Geritol generation.....
Ahhhhhhh.....life is cruel!
Gina has a new job and can't get off. :banghead:
Jim Sr. won't go without Carol and she has dogs to groom. :bonk:
Phil wasn't going to go at all and tow his boat that far by himself. :yes:
Yep, at one time we had four Donzis leaving from Lady Lake Florida.
Now we have an '86 and an '87 Minx leaving from there. :biggrin.:
This is better than nothing. :beer:

onesubdrvr
04-30-2005, 07:21 AM
what the )(&*(^*&??? There's three of them driving, and they are bringing one boat?? No red rocket?? Heck, not even Phils boat?? That does it boys, turn in your man cards, and your Seadog memberships... You have officialy joined the Geritol generation.....

Hey Poodle, that reminds me,...... Where were you and Buizilla for AngelAID? I heard he was swamped with shop work,....you?

Wayne

onesubdrvr
04-30-2005, 07:52 AM
I was also swamped at work.... Saturday was a work day also....

I was NOT very happy about it, just ask Heidi... :banghead:

OK, just making sure,.......
I am looking forward to meeting as many people from the registry as I can, and missed you and Jim both, Maybe next time,...

Wayne

boxy
04-30-2005, 07:58 AM
Wayne, tow the Regazza up to the 1000 Islands, there's a good chance both MadDog, and Jim will be there ...... :D

onesubdrvr
04-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Wayne, tow the Regazza up to the 1000 Islands, there's a good chance both MadDog, and Jim will be there ...... :D
I'd love to, but as my wife and I are both in fairly new jobs, and I unfortunately went ANOTHER week without winning the lottery, we won't be doing anything other than runs here in the SE this year.
We'll meet many of you at the Donzi Hometown Rally, and I plan on making as many of the upcoming here as possible.

NEXT year though, I'm going to try to talk mama into atleast AOTH. of course, starting next year, I'll be trying to talk her into a new boat, so we'll have to wait and see!!

Wayne

BabyDonzi
05-08-2005, 05:19 PM
Wayne! Something to think about..............

We just booked our room and flight for 1,000 islands. It would be nice to make a 2 week vaca out of it and tow up, but just to much for now, so we are flying up and bumming a ride!
Round trip air 460, stealing my moms truck, free, spending a weekend with the Donzi crew, PRICELESS............................... :yippie:

Speed-Racer
05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
lol good one BabyDONZI.....Hey when did u change your logo?, that's a kick ass shot!

onesubdrvr
05-08-2005, 09:13 PM
Wayne! Something to think about..............

We just booked our room and flight for 1,000 islands. It would be nice to make a 2 week vaca out of it and tow up, but just to much for now, so we are flying up and bumming a ride!
Round trip air 460, stealing my moms truck, free, spending a weekend with the Donzi crew, PRICELESS............................... :yippie:
Well, that's 2, we've got 6!! :( Anyway, we have this coming up weekend here, and as many of the other Florida events this year - DEFINATELY THE OWNERS RALLY, I gotta break momma into this stuff slowly!

Wayne

DonCig
05-09-2005, 10:55 PM
I installed the 1/2 system San Juan fresh water cooling system and the thing works and it doesn't leak.
If the snow and rain stop, it goes into the lake for a shakedown run this saturday.

DonCig

I made it, which means I finished all the AOTH projects:
New Livorsi Tach and GPS Speedo.
New Imco 2" Shorty.
1/2 System Fresh Water Cooling.
New Gafrig Seat mounts.
Wash and Wax.
New Battery setup.
Bennett Trimdacators.

Time to load up and escape the snow that is forecast for this weekend. Nice to know that I have antifreeze in the block!

Headed to LOTO for two days of Cigarette and Donzi testing and then headed to Lake Cumberland to arrive on Wednesday afternoon.

Looking foward to seeing all there.

DonCig

Sam
05-10-2005, 06:46 AM
Well your a couple projects ahead of me :banghead: but I'll be looking forward to meeting you, have a safe drive. By the way did you see my post about the hand held tach. If not I found it and will bring it with me along with a db meter.

Sam

ITTLFLI
05-10-2005, 10:42 PM
well....as the title says....the race is on! I have had numerous set backs! My machinest took forever to balance the rotating assembly, then my dyno guy goes out of town for a week, then I go out of town for a week...bla bla! I finished the the engine dynoing tonight. Now I am off to CA for 3 days. I jump off the plane at 6:30 friday night. Left to do are... install hyd steering, rig and install engine, buy and install stereo. I hope to hit the water late sunday :cool:

Sam
05-11-2005, 07:47 AM
Piece of cake :bonk: , good luck and hope to see you there.

Sam

Trueser
05-14-2005, 01:12 AM
I'm trying george.................................