PDA

View Full Version : My favorite police boat.

DONZI
04-26-2005, 07:48 PM
My favorite Police boat, actually formally D.E.A now Homeland Security.Either way simply Badazz. Ck out the helm! I was drooling over it.I asked someone in the marina the make.They answered "Midnight Express 38'".It seemed like an appropriate model name for task. :)

bronso
04-27-2005, 12:19 PM
Seems to be another manufacturer with Don Aronow's influence. I believe the basic mold for the Midnight Express comes from an old Cigarette hull. it sure is one fine looking vessel. Bet it rock & rolls with the quads hangin' off the back!!!

Sagbay32
04-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Search out the history on the Midnight Express....you may be suprised at what you find.

Mike

bronso
05-01-2005, 10:37 AM
hey sagabay, i'm glad i did the search. my info was basically correct. man, they do have some options, but even with the engine options, IT'S STILL NO DONZI AS FAR AS SPEED.....But a real nice machine in any case.

Walt. H.
05-02-2005, 12:43 AM
I think the third and fourth eng should be swapped, so that the two inner eng's props turn counter to each other and the two outer eng's also turn counter to each other. Has anyone else noticed?

BZONK
06-21-2005, 12:30 PM
My favorite Police boat, actually formally D.E.A now Homeland Security.Either way simply Badazz. Ck out the helm! I was drooling over it.I asked someone in the marina the make.They answered "Midnight Express 38'".It seemed like an appropriate model name for task. :)

I had just stumbled across this boat on ebay the other night, seems like a nice boat, I would like tofind out more on the history of these boats also.

Here is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26432&item=4557082703&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Sagbay32
06-21-2005, 09:15 PM
One of the books I read (about the "Miami Vice" era boats) said the Midnight Express were origianlly the smuggler's choice......or so I think I read :cool:

M