PDA

View Full Version : Idea for a Florida run

onesubdrvr
04-26-2005, 03:36 PM
OK,...

After the AngelAID run, I'm ready for another group event. Unfortunately, due to the wife and I both being in fairly new jobs, and kids in school, travel out of state is not going to happen. SOOOOOO, I'm considering doing a get-together somewhere in the area of Sebastian, maybe a run from Sebastion to Canaveral and back, lunch at Hirams??

Any-one interested? Thinking of some time in May

Wayne
**UPDATE 5/2/05 -- CHANGE IN COURSE, PLEASE READ FURTHER IN THREAD**

Cuda
04-26-2005, 04:19 PM
How far of a run is that Wayne?

onesubdrvr
04-26-2005, 04:32 PM
How far of a run is that Wayne?
By car it's about 50 miles (each way), I'm gonna try and put the boat in the water next weekend (doing some repairs this weekend), and run from Ft. Pierce to Sebastian - about 30 miles by car, then Sebastian to Canaveral and back,....I've got my new GPS now, so I'll be able to check mileage. It'd be a long run, but when I get the boat up that way, I'll check for speed / wake zones. May modify say Ft. Pierce to Sebastian, or Sebastian to Canaveral, or anything along those lines. It's all in the Indian River, so weather permitting, we can get some pretty good speeds.

Wayne

Last Tango
04-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Sounds like fun, but I'm booked solid in May except for Memorial Day weekend. And AOTH is MAY 19-22 which can be a major conflict if we want to honor that. Some of the SEADOGs will be heading that way.

Cuda
04-26-2005, 06:25 PM
Note eateries and gas docks on the way too.

Gulfbum
04-26-2005, 07:39 PM
I am in the the area of Port Canaveral. Idle speeds only from the Indian River through the barge canal to the locks to get to the port. There are a few eateryes at Port Canaveral. Also a couple in Melbourne. You can y off and take the Banana river from Melbourne to the Port also. It is a wide open run.

Frank

onesubdrvr
04-26-2005, 08:24 PM
I am in the the area of Port Canaveral. Idle speeds only from the Indian River through the barge canal to the locks to get to the port. There are a few eateryes at Port Canaveral. Also a couple in Melbourne. You can y off and take the Banana river from Melbourne to the Port also. It is a wide open run.

Frank
Cool, that handles the Canaveral area, I'll check the rest.

Cuda, I know Hirams has gas and eats, will check the rest along the way, I'm sure there is lots, we've got to go through Palm Bay - (I think 1 eatery there, not sure on gas), Melbourne (gots to be lots of stuff there), but will firm up and post here as soon as I run.

Wayne

gcarter
04-26-2005, 09:08 PM
I used to keep a boat in Ft. Pierce. One of my favorite runs was from Ft Pierce to Jupitor through Stuart. Lots of places to eat. Plenty of gas. Lots of up scale houses to look at.

Last Tango
04-28-2005, 08:37 AM
1subDr,
May is fast approaching. What weekend are you planning to do this? (PLEASE! NOT the weekend of the 21-22. The 14-15 is best for me). I REALLY want to do this event!
If I arrive late Friday night, where should I book a room for Friday and Saturday nights?

onesubdrvr
04-28-2005, 11:47 PM
1subDr,
May is fast approaching. What weekend are you planning to do this? (PLEASE! NOT the weekend of the 21-22. The 14-15 is best for me). I REALLY want to do this event!
If I arrive late Friday night, where should I book a room for Friday and Saturday nights?
LT,

Let me look at a calander real quick,....that should be a good weekend, 3 weeks,...hmmmm, kinda short on time, maybe I should get better organized and try for a later date or month,.... Give me until middle of next week to get organized. Depends on where we run, I really like the idea of Sebastian to Cape Canaveral as it would give us an oppertunity to see Kennedy Space Center (***INPUT HERE FROM THOSE INTERESTED AS WELL, I KNOW GEORGE MENTIONED FT PIERCE TO JUPITER IS A NICE RUN AS WELL***), and generally speaking, a little less boat traffic (on the lagoon side).
This weekend is boat repairs (from that shake-down cruise last weekend), and modifying the seating :garfield: . If we make that run, Capt. Hirams (Sebastian) has a hotel that is across Dixie from it and as it's off season, boat parking would not be a problem. Also, I have to check the condition of the docks, when I was last there poking around (about 2 months ago), docks weren't quite done being repaired from the hurricanes. I live about 45 minutes south of there, but am up in that area almost daily. ANYWAYS, I'm getting off track,....Let me do some hotel recon, nail down the actual course of the run, and get back to y'all. I'd rather put it off a couple weeks and do it right (if I have to in order to get it right), than do it half ass and have people not have fun, and not want to do it again,....remember, I'm a rookie at setting this stuff up.

Will be in touch again shortly,
Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-01-2005, 08:54 PM
Well,

Just plotted out the course from Sebastian to Titusville. It's 76.6 miles ONE WAY. I'm thinking that if were cruising the WHOLE time, that's near 2 hours of time each way, take into account stops (PLENTY of stops on the way with fuel / eats), and sight seeing, were looking at probably 3.5 hours each way. Is that too long of a run for everyone? The idea here would be leave about 9 or 10 from Sebastian, boat north to Titusville - lunch in Titusville, leave there by 2:30, 3:00, return by about 6, Dinner at Hirams. Should I try something shorter? I know the AngelAID run was like 80 miles TOTAL. Let me know what you guys think. In the mean time, I'll look at Ft. Pierce to Jupiter, LOTS AND LOTS of resturants in Stuart and Jupiter to eat, but boat traffic is heaver, more speed limiting zones.....it may still be a better alternative.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU GUYS THINK,....LONG FAST RUN TO CANAVERAL FROM SEBASTIAN, OR SHORTER, SLOWER RUN TO JUPITER.

The Jupiter trip is nice, lots of nice homes to look at on the trip, more 35mph and lower zones, more boat traffic.

The run to Canaveral,....more nature, longer, faster, but is 160 miles (round trip) of nature, with the Space Center too much?

Wayne

gcarter
05-01-2005, 09:06 PM
Wayne, when I was out of Ft Pierce, there were no speed limits from Ft Pierce to Stuart. Now if the weather cooperated we could go outside from Stuart to Jupitor, or even Palm Beach. Or outside down and inside up. The summers are very calm there. I always enjoyed it.

BUIZILLA
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM
The manatee's own the ditch south of Stuart... for a LONG ways down...

JH

onesubdrvr
05-01-2005, 09:14 PM
Wayne, when I was out of Ft Pierce, there were no speed limits from Ft Pierce to Stuart. Now if the weather cooperated we could go outside from Stuart to Jupitor, or even Palm Beach. Or outside down and inside up. The summers are very calm there. I always enjoyed it.
Yeah George, I keep forgeting, I come from the St. Lucie River, until you get to the open parts, lots of speed zones, I keep forgeting that from Ft. Pierce, we'd be in the lagoon. I'll check it out, could be a better run.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-02-2005, 09:45 PM
OK,

After many many hours of reviewing charts, considering the scenery, and trying to prepare for the ever changing weather, I've decided on the following run, a pretty long run, lots of good scenery, and places to open the throttle up!!

Start : City of Ft. Pierce Boat ramp - Located on A1A in Ft. Pierce, north side of the inlet.
Travel would then carry us south through beautiful Jensen beach, and into downtown Stuart. The area in Stuart - though no idle zones - will no doubt be the most heavily traficed, and thus may slow us down a little. Through Stuart, we will be snaking to the South Fork of the St. Lucie River - BEAUTIFUL scenery, from the pictures I saw, alot like Dora. Then, the bottom of the St. Lucie River dumps into the St. Lucie Canal. This canal, is wide, and as it is well protected from the weather is often like glass - a GOOD opportunity to really fly, trim out the boats, get some good GPS readings, as well as enjoy some farm scenery. About 1/2 way to Port Mayaca is Indiantown. Here we will stop at the Indiantown Marina for a refuel / stretch / rest-stop, and turn around. Total distance this leg 52 miles. After a stretch and rest, we'll reverse our route. I'll try to pick the best place for lunch, LOTS and LOTS of places in Stuart, and Jensen beach (I'm thinking Conchy Joes in Jensen, but that's over 1/2 way back, there isn't much in the Canal, so Stuart would be out best bet, I've got a few places in mind, that I'll check out. After lunch, run back to Ft. Pierce. Retrieve boats from water, shower, shave, meet for dinner, then again Sunday morning for breakfast - places TBA.

This route was chosen because
1) If the weather is bad, there is still plenty of places to stop, beach the boats and just hang out and enjoy some boat soda's
2) For those venturesome enough, they can venture out in the ocean and run that side from Ft. Pierce to Stuart, and not take any more time, and infact depending on the boat, may beat us back. I'll provide charts and co-ordinates for those interested in running outside.
3) There is probably 25 boat ramps and 50 marinas on this run for fuel, or incase we have a breakdown / etc. Pretty populated, easy to get help, I'm not sure on the other run.

I'd like to plan for the weekend of May 14th. That gives me this weekend to finish up my seat work and some little repairs, and that's the best weekend (this month) for LastTango - a must (all hail Supreme SEADOG!!).

PLEASE let me see a show of hands for that date. If this is not enough notice, let me know, and I'll look at some time in June (as to not conflict with any other gatherings). I'd like to see atleast 5 other boats here, and being in Florida, and KNOWING what we have down here in the way of Donzi's, that shouldn't be a problem!!

I'll sniff some hotels in the next couple of days to find ones in best area with secure boat parking. If the new house was done, I'd have extra rooms extend the invite there, but that's another issue!!

Until Later,
Wayne

gcarter
05-02-2005, 09:50 PM
I've done the river before, it's a nice run.
But wasn't there a motion for a date in August?

onesubdrvr
05-02-2005, 10:05 PM
I've done the river before, it's a nice run.
But wasn't there a motion for a date in August?

I didn't see the motion for a date in August, but I am open to suggestions. I would just like a good turn out, without conflicting with any other events, and enough time for people to plan.

I'll set the firm date no later than Friday 5/6

Thanks everyone for your input,
Wayne

Cuda
05-02-2005, 10:41 PM
Sounds good to me IF I have the Minx back by then, and it's not a weekend we have Kyle.

onesubdrvr
05-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Sounds good to me IF I have the Minx back by then, and it's not a weekend we have Kyle.
Did I see you post that you SHOULD have the Minx back next week? GAWD, I hope so,..... Just think, It'll be worth it!!:wink:

Wayne

catch 22
05-03-2005, 05:55 AM
I don't get many weekends off from work. But may 14 will work for me.This will be COOOOOOL. Jim :D

gcarter
05-03-2005, 06:27 AM
Well I just checked with Elaine......we have guests on the 14th!! :bawling:
And then there's AOTH.
We'll try another time. :yes:

onesubdrvr
05-04-2005, 06:04 AM
OK,....

As I've gotten 2 aye's for the 14th thats the date.

SO, May 14th, SEFL SEADOGS FunRun

I'll post hotel info, and directions to the ramp this evening when I get home from work.

Wayne

catch 22
05-04-2005, 07:41 AM
Wayne, we will be able to do Saturday sun up to sun down but the wife has to be back to work Sunday am. Looking forward to seeing you again. Called Baby Donzi yesterday and he would be able to do Saturday also. See Ya. Jim :cool:

onesubdrvr
05-04-2005, 02:56 PM
Wayne, we will be able to do Saturday sun up to sun down but the wife has to be back to work Sunday am. Looking forward to seeing you again. Called Baby Donzi yesterday and he would be able to do Saturday also. See Ya. Jim :cool:
AWESOME!! Can't wait 'til then. I've been working on some new seating, and I like it much better!!

Stand-by, time details to be posted shortly

onesubdrvr
05-04-2005, 03:35 PM
OK, Here are the details for Saturday

Sorry for any confusions or misunderstandings, I promise I'll be more organized next year (hey, this is my first one to set-up, but have some big plans for next year).

First - Hotels. I recommend
1) Springhill Suites by Marriott 772-871-2929
2) Hampton Inn & Suites 772-878-7600

Neither of these is really close to the ramp, BUT, I did my spot check of the 6 closest hotels to the ramp and NONE had adequate parking for trailers. SO, these two are close to my house. What I recommend (if you need a hotel) is to make your reservations, when you get here, let me know (cell # 772-215-9162). I'll have you park your boats (with tow vehicle still attached if you wish), at my house, and I'll shuttle you where you need Friday evening, all day Saturday, and Sunday morning.

As I think most people will be day travelers only, I have nothing planned for Friday night, however, if anyone decides to come Friday, let me know, we'll do dinner.

Saturday - Meet at boat ramp at around 10am.
Directions - I-95 (North from West Palm, South from Jacksonville) to Indrio Rd. (sorry, cant remember the exit number), East to US-1, South on US-1 approx 2 miles to North A1A, East again approximately 1 mile. You'll go over 2 bridges, after the second bridge, you'll see the ramp on the RIGHT hand side. Nice ramp, lots of parking this is it. if when you go over the first bridge, you see a trailer park and water treatment plant on the right, you've taken Seaway Drive, go back to US-1 go north, it is a signaled intersection labeled A1A).
I'd like to see everyone ready to motor by about 10:30-11:00.

The run is 52 miles each way, so I figure between 2 and 2 1/2 hours (I think I'm being conservative). There is a little snack bar, with mid-grade fuel (so bring octane boost if needed, I'd just fill up at a gas station close to the ramp), at the turn around point. Also, boat soda's and ice available there. I figured we'd stretch / bathroom break for about 1/2 hour to 1 hour. On the trip back, stop in Stuart for Lunch, I'm still trying to pick the best resturant. Lunch I'm figuring at least 1 hour, guessing return to boat ramp between 5:00 and 6:00 pm, retrieve the boats, then dinner at the Tiki bar (about 5 minutes from the ramp). Don't loose you wallets, I'm saving for a new Donzi, so won't be able to spring for lunch or dinner!!

Sunday - once again, I'm figuring those that are coming will just be day trippers, but if anyone does stay, I'd be happy to meet for breakfast / good byes Sunday morning.

So, recap Saturday
10:00 start arrivals / launchings at Ft. Pierce boat ramp
11:00-1:30 travel to turn around point
1:30-2:00 Stretch / fuel at turn around
2:00-2:30 travel to lunch
2:30-3:30 Lunch in Stuart
3:30-5:30 travel back to ramp

Looking forward to it, PLEASE let me know who is / isn't going to make it, so that come that Saturday morning, we wait for you (if you're running late), or we leave on time (if you're not coming).

Thanks, looking forward to it!!
Wayne

Knot Slow
05-04-2005, 03:47 PM
OK,...

After the AngelAID run, I'm ready for another group event. Unfortunately, due to the wife and I both being in fairly new jobs, and kids in school, travel out of state is not going to happen. SOOOOOO, I'm considering doing a get-together somewhere in the area of Sebastian, maybe a run from Sebastion to Canaveral and back, lunch at Hirams??

Any-one interested? Thinking of some time in May

Wayne
**UPDATE 5/2/05 -- CHANGE IN COURSE, PLEASE READ FURTHER IN THREAD** hey keep me poasted,i will trailer up from lauderdale.

onesubdrvr
05-04-2005, 04:07 PM
hey keep me poasted,i will trailer up from lauderdale.
Awesome,

Thus far, Catch-22, BabyDonzi, KnotSlow, and Me!!, Possibility of Last Tango,....

HEY, Chrome, Poodle, Buizilla??!!?!

BUIZILLA
05-04-2005, 05:19 PM
I have to be in Cookeville, Tennessee, Monday the 16th sometime, then on to Bowling Green KY. for 5 days from Wednesday on... so i'm out for this one.

JH

ChromeGorilla
05-04-2005, 05:31 PM
Wayne, wish I could make it, but looks like my wife has to work and I may have to myself..... :mad: Thanks for the invite and all the organizing. Another time my friend! Looks like my next 2 events will be the Jacksonville Firefighters Poker Run ( www.jffpr.com ) and The Lake George Dustoff. Back to back weekends of fun... :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
05-04-2005, 06:42 PM
I won't say that I'm not disappointed, as far as I'm concerned, I'd want everybody off of the board there. But, as allways, I do understand, my short notice planning didn't help much either. Regardless, the more the merrier, the fewer, the more that will be missed. Right now we are at 4 boats with a possibility of 2 more (from people I've talked too only).

Either way, a bad day on the water in a Donzi is better that a good day at work.

Just as a little hint, next year, my bosses wife (who is getting ready to buy a 42' Baja with 3X500sci's) may throw in some $$ for a run (corporate write-off for fun stuff), I've had a couple of talks with some other people, and I'm thinking NEXT year will be even better!!

Looking forward to whatever, whenever
Wayne

Cuda
05-04-2005, 06:59 PM
Wayne, sometimes you'll find a small group is actually more fun, less chances of someone breaking down, and a lot easier logistics on dockage and things.

onesubdrvr
05-04-2005, 07:43 PM
Wayne, sometimes you'll find a small group is actually more fun, less chances of someone breaking down, and a lot easier logistics on dockage and things.
Cuda,

Yeah, I understand about the planning and logistics now!! I'll be better prepared when I do it again next year!!

You gonna have the Minx back? are you going to have Kyle? I hope you can make it too!!:crossfing

Wayne

Cuda
05-04-2005, 07:55 PM
Well, as usual, I can't get anyone to answer the phone there. I left messages everyday this week, with no return call. :banghead:

Last Tango
05-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Wayne, et al,
Okay, I'm IN! I have adjusted stuff, and aquired a tow vehicle for the weekend, and I will be bringing 3 folks from my office who want to go. Nancy will be at a major Florida Reading Association convention in Orlando all that weekend, so I have recruited crew from the office. This will be quite a shocking intro to boating for all three. LOL!
Anyway, we plan to leave very early Saturday morning from Jacksonville and hope to arrive between and 9:30 and 10:00.
We will hang with the group until about an hour before sunset and then push on back to Jax that evening.

onesubdrvr
05-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Great news!!!

I've been sitting here with my fingers crossed!!

So, it's looking good,

Catch22, BabyDonzi, LastTango, KnotSlow, Myself and Possibly Cuda

I'm excited as I should have a new prop by then (Thanks Poodle) and I've re-done my interior. I think it looks OK, but you learn with each experience, and I think when I get the new boat in a year or so, I'll be ready to do it all.

Anyway, GREAT TO HEAR!! Looking forward to seeing everyone

Wayne

ChromeGorilla
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
Wayne, good job putting this whole thing together. You got a nice little crowd attending. If I could have been there I would have :( . Next year for sure. This is now officialy your bag baby! A little May gathering down that way for those who can.... good job chit pumper or do you prefer turd chaser????.... :eek: ;) (Wayne knows what it means.... :rlol: )

onesubdrvr
05-08-2005, 03:50 PM
Wayne, good job putting this whole thing together. You got a nice little crowd attending. If I could have been there I would have :( . Next year for sure. This is now officialy your bag baby! A little May gathering down that way for those who can.... good job chit pumper or do you prefer turd chaser????.... :eek: ;) (Wayne knows what it means.... :rlol: )
Either or, of course there is Turd Burglar :jestera: . Reminds me of a story about the poopie pump, a piece of ABC bubble gum, 3 A-gangers that had been up for excess of 30 hours straight, and a dare,........ Anyway, thanks for the BZ.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone next weekend, and for those who can't make it, keep this one in mind for next year.

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-10-2005, 03:20 PM
Looking good y'all

Winds out of the E at 14mph, dieing down to 7mph by evening time,
High of 82, low of 68, partly cloudy with a 20% chance of rain,

UV index at 10+ so make sure you got some sun screen!!

See you guys in a few days!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-10-2005, 09:09 PM
To those interested, I have printed up a couple of pages of charts so that you'll know where the channel is, AND have included the ocean side for those wanting to run that way. I myself will remain in the river. Also, I use BlueChart if anyone wants a copy of the Waypoints that I have set up (really just keeping us in the channel, and out of the shallows going into the river) Just E-mail me and I'll forward it to you. It'll be the incoming tide (luckily) when we reach the inlet, I've gotten stuck on the shoal on the north side once, but was before I knew the area.

Also, I'm obviously not going to be the fastest boat, Maybe Catch-22 or BabyDonzi can lead (if they are familiar enough with the area, or comfortable enough), or we're going to be running about 50-55 (I'm guessing). Either way, let's not get too separated.

Looking forward to it, tomorrow is hump day, 1/2 way there!!!

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-11-2005, 11:29 PM
Well,

Weather update,...chances of rain from 20% down to 0% :biggrin.:

Wind still out of the East at 14, but in the canal, that aint gonna matter none!!

I hope everyone is still in, if so, we're at 5 boats, nice fun run!!

It's been a rough week and I'm ready to see everyone and have a little fun:beer:

If ANYONE needs ANYTHING, give me a hollar, or drop me a line

see y'all Saturday!!
Wayne

Last Tango
05-12-2005, 10:36 AM
1subdrvr,
I HATE this, but I am going to be a party pooper after all. My "crew" bailed on me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually, my "crew" works for me here on my team at work. And "they" have a project that "they" are motivated to complete prior to deadline, but would probably force "them" to be here during the weekend to complete. Their "Team Leader" feels the need to be there as well to help. Yes, I am their team lead, and I'm directing myself to be there. :banghead: It is not good "team building skills" to have your team members struggling hard with enthusiasm to meet a completion date, and then to have me come in on Monday and ask how they did, and show them pictures of me boating all weekend. This is often considered "poor form."
So,...
And really too bad because I have your pictures from the Poker Run to give to each of you who attended.
Sorry :o(

onesubdrvr
05-12-2005, 03:54 PM
1subdrvr,
I HATE this, but I am going to be a party pooper after all. My "crew" bailed on me. That's my story and I'm sticking to it. Actually, my "crew" works for me here on my team at work. And "they" have a project that "they" are motivated to complete prior to deadline, but would probably force "them" to be here during the weekend to complete. Their "Team Leader" feels the need to be there as well to help. Yes, I am their team lead, and I'm directing myself to be there. :banghead: It is not good "team building skills" to have your team members struggling hard with enthusiasm to meet a completion date, and then to have me come in on Monday and ask how they did, and show them pictures of me boating all weekend. This is often considered "poor form."
So,...
And really too bad because I have your pictures from the Poker Run to give to each of you who attended.
Sorry :o(
Mark,

I understand, you're right, that would show poor form - although, I've seen some olympic atheletes with "poor form" :wink: . Anyway, as we all know, family and work come before boating, not necessarily because it's what we desire, but because that's just how it is!! I'll be sure to take alot of pictures to rub it in later :rlol: . Hopefully everyone leaves this date free on their calanders next year and hopefully some of my ideas for next year come to reality.

Pictures,....hmmmm do I WANT to see those pictures from the poker run??

Wayne

onesubdrvr
05-13-2005, 05:57 PM
OK, for those of you who I haven't heard from, I am assuming you are still coming, if everyone could just drop a quick note to let me know, so when all those that are coming get there, we can get on the water. (Catch-22, BabyDonzi, KnotSlow). Cuda, don't mean to bring up a sore subject, but is the Minx done? You coming? Come-on, the fish boat could use some hours if the Minx isn't ready!!:crossfing

See y'all tomorrow:beer:

Thanks
Wayne

Cuda
05-13-2005, 08:59 PM
OK, for those of you who I haven't heard from, I am assuming you are still coming, if everyone could just drop a quick note to let me know, so when all those that are coming get there, we can get on the water. (Catch-22, BabyDonzi, KnotSlow). Cuda, don't mean to bring up a sore subject, but is the Minx done? You coming? Come-on, the fish boat could use some hours if the Minx isn't ready!!:crossfing

See y'all tomorrow:beer:

Thanks
Wayne
Nope, no word from them. I heard the guy that owns the shop is going to be at the Daytona Poker Run tomorrow, so I'm going to run down there and see if I can find him. :kaioken:

onesubdrvr
05-14-2005, 09:14 PM
Well, nice on time start for our 3 boats, Myself in the Rag, Mike in his sweet 22zx (mamma really likes), and Jim in his awesome 22, nice run down to Stuart, but I had a problem with the new bench seat pretty early (just need to add 1 more cross section - nothing broke (on the seat). Run through Stuart - nice, got to the canal,...I don't understand how BlueChart can neglect a LOCK on their charts!!! Anyway, about 45 minute wait to get through the lock, then we really got to open it up,....GPS speed, 3/4 full fuel, 4 passangers, and a cooler - 59.5, but I noticed all of a sudden that I couldn't steer,....threw power steering belt, I'm thinking that me, 1/2 tank fuel, and power steering so that I could concentrate on trimming it out a little more, and I'm a little over 60. Anyway, that made for an interesting run back to say the least, and YES, my arms are EXHAUSTED!! On the way back, boat traffic through the inlet was like going through downtown anywhere at 8:00am, anyway, cleared that, back up the Indian River Lagoon, did my first wake jumping, caught some good air, but then I noticed Mike stopped moving, so I slowed down, kept looking back, still not moving, made it back to him, in time to see the tow rope hooked up - ummmm, how you say, ALMOST 100 MILES MIKE!!, anyway, I decide to zip back to the ramp so that I can help bring him in without power, so as I clear him and Jim, I open up the throttle, about 1/4 mile away, I hear an unusual noise coming from the engine or out drive? anyway, I'm putting along with the engine hatch open, remove 1 thrown P/S belt,... noise coming from coupling area, just about that time BLAM,..... motor now sounds good, but out drive no move,...... DAMN!! now I'm gonna have to yank the engine to replace the coupling. Jim can't tow me and Mike, so I call BoatUS Towing,....45 minutes later, the rope is hooked up and we are on our way back to the ramp,.... get back to the ramp at about 8pm, I go get the truck, Cari pays the $450.00 BILL!!!!! OUCH, also, as the kids are cleaning out the soda cans / etc. from the boat, they throw away a cig pack that had $90.00 in cash in it, so to tally up the run, gas $64.00, sodas / ice / chips $18.00, BoatUS Tow, $450.00, money literally thrown away $90.00, so $622.00 for a day on the water,....ahhhh, nothing like it:biggrin: . Anyway, some pics, #1 my two oldest daughters, #2 GPS round up of the day, #3, a site FishBoy knows well (no offense ment) #4, something I thought you'd like CG. BUT, the good news it, while we were waiting for BoatUS Tow to show, mamma says,...."I think it's time for a new hobby",...after a couple of minutes, I laugh and say "You say new hobby, I say new boat!!",...after a couple of minutes she says,..."If you get x amount for this boat, then we'll talk" !! So, I think I may start shopping for a new boat next week :yes: .

We missed all those who couldn't come, and look forward to the next one
Wayne

Lenny
05-15-2005, 12:51 AM
as the kids are cleaning out the soda cans / etc. from the boat, they throw away a cig pack that had $90.00 in cash in it

You still have these kids ??? :D

Neat post.

gcarter
05-15-2005, 06:40 AM
See Wayne, cigarettes are a bad habit!!!!!! :shocking: :shocking: :biggrin:

BUIZILLA
05-15-2005, 06:55 AM
fer $90 those kids need to become dumpster divers :yes: :biggrin.:

florida gator
05-15-2005, 08:41 PM
What are prop are you running?

I cann't seem to get over 50 with my gt21. They are virtually the same boat.

onesubdrvr
05-15-2005, 08:44 PM
What are prop are you running?

I cann't seem to get over 50 with my gt21. They are virtually the same boat.
I guess your talking to me,....

Turbo I, 22p, but, I don't exactly have a stock engine either :D , I'm at about 315 to the prop

Wayne

catch 22
05-16-2005, 09:00 PM
Wayne, Gina and I had a really nice time. Enjoyed meeting your wife and kids. You still have them Right. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: . For me it was a pretty inexpensive weekend. $100.00 for gas, $10.00 for soda and snacks. Pulling Baby Donzi to the nearest Marina for gas PRICELESS. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: . I think I am over my fear of the dreaded locks. Will do it again soon.

onesubdrvr
05-16-2005, 09:50 PM
Wayne, Gina and I had a really nice time. Enjoyed meeting your wife and kids. You still have them Right. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: . For me it was a pretty inexpensive weekend. $100.00 for gas, $10.00 for soda and snacks. Pulling Baby Donzi to the nearest Marina for gas PRICELESS. :biggrin.: :biggrin.: . I think I am over my fear of the dreaded locks. Will do it again soon.
Yeah, I still have 'em!!

Enjoyed meeting you guys, and enjoyed ourselves as well, hopefully next time things will go a little smoother and we can actually sit down for lunch and / or dinner, or hell, even put in at the Stuart ramps (west of the Locks), and do a BBQ type thing,....

Anyway, I hope we can do it again soon, working on getting the boat fixed now (and secretly shopping for a new one at the same time)!!

Until then,
Wayne

Last Tango
05-17-2005, 10:08 AM
Wayne,
Thanks for hosting the event this past weekend. It sounds like you folks had a great adventure. I'm sorry I missed it. NEXT YEAR will be bigger and better since we have more time to plan for that weekend.
As you can see by the other threads in other places, my work team finished their project on Saturday, and I spent Sunday on the water with two truly hot 20-something women (so hot, they insisted on removing their clothes to cool down, which only heated ME up even more).
Sorry I missed the chance to do the locks and perhaps join the crowd at being towed by TOWBoatUS, but I found the waters extaorinarily pleasant up here on Sunday.
My "crew" says they want another day on the water. Who will be the lucky event folks...?

onesubdrvr
05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
Wayne,
Thanks for hosting the event this past weekend. It sounds like you folks had a great adventure. I'm sorry I missed it. NEXT YEAR will be bigger and better since we have more time to plan for that weekend.
As you can see by the other threads in other places, my work team finished their project on Saturday, and I spent Sunday on the water with two truly hot 20-something women (so hot, they insisted on removing their clothes to cool down, which only heated ME up even more).
Sorry I missed the chance to do the locks and perhaps join the crowd at being towed by TOWBoatUS, but I found the waters extaorinarily pleasant up here on Sunday.
My "crew" says they want another day on the water. Who will be the lucky event folks...?
Mark,

Glad you atleast got out on the water this weekend, :pimp: 2 twenty somethings? THAT HOT?? :odie: You Da Man!!

Seriously, glad you had fun. I've got a better idea of what it's going to take to pull something really cool off next year, better planning for 1 :tongue: . Anyway, got some repairs to get started, so off I go,......

Wayne