PDA

View Full Version : The Aronow Edition boat was everything it should be

Lenny
04-26-2005, 12:11 AM
Had a great "first run" of the year on Sunday in Vancouver.

Turned out to be CLEAR and sunny, great water, a decent sunburn to boot.
Steves' new boat is beautiful, and looks better in real life than in the pictures :yes:

Got to meet Rick and Marty and Company as well. Here's a couple of pics and a crappy couple of vids.

Pic 1. Our "launch" ramp was PACKED as usual :rolleyes:

Pic 2. This where the AE is living now. It resides behind the boat on the left under that little lift with the dark blue "bimini" to keep the sun off :D

Pic 3,4, and 5. Some of the boat. RickS driving, Steve (AKA "Blueliner" in passenger seat.

Pic 6 and 7, transom shots, Steve driving.

Lenny
04-26-2005, 12:20 AM
Pics 6,7

South Island
04-26-2005, 12:32 AM
Hi Lenny,

Brad here, I had my 22zx out on sunday as well. It was a perfect day. Let me know when you are going out and I will see if we can join you. Brad Brad@pedenrv.com (you.BradBrad@pedenrv.com)

Lenny
04-26-2005, 12:45 AM
Will do :D. Brad there was another 22ZX in False Creek in Vancouver tied up as well.

You know, I think we have close to a "handful" of these things here now. :D

I bet we could scare up about 8 now.

thriller
04-26-2005, 11:51 AM
And what a Great day it was!!

Thanks for the cold Beers Lenny:p

Mike Miller

blueliner
04-26-2005, 11:51 AM
great meeting you, lenny and thriller(mike) w/ his blackhawk. thanks for the beer mike. i will send you the pics of your blackhawk. we will have to do it again soon. lenny, thanks for the pics. what a great day!!!!!!!!!!!! can you post any of that video, would love to see it.

Barry Phillips
04-26-2005, 12:39 PM
Works for me, dam that’s a pretty boat. There has been some past discussions, weather Donzi wanted to keep the Aronow Addition monochromatic or would they put a boot strip on it and still call it an Aronow Addition and I felt that Donzi will oblige the customer within reason and put the little plaque on the dash. Well Donzi did it and it looks great. It reminds me of water born Shelby Cobra. The color looks great and I like the wider split stripe. Running the stripe over the fairing, over the scoop and down the transom is a nice touch. I must admit, I have not been a big fan of the scoop but running the stripe over it really works. This boat is cool and I congratulate Donzi for building it.

RickSE
04-27-2005, 05:50 PM
Man oh Man that was a long drive,
I just made it back home this afternoon. I should have been home last night but the truck lost its center carrier bearing on the driveshaft in Kanab Utah yesterday afternoon, 200 miles from home :bawling:.

What a great trip. 3200 miles round trip and I got to meet some great people and see some beautiful country. Mike and Lenny, nice meeting you guys. Thanks for the beers; we'll have to do it again some time. Blue, thanks again for the hospitality, keep in touch and look out for those cruiser wakes :eek!: .

I also should be getting some pictures from my Dad. I'll post as soon as I get them.

Nice pictures Lenny; this will be one to remember.

blueliner
04-27-2005, 07:07 PM
rick,

sorry to hear about your truck trouble. again, thanks for everything. i really learned a lot from you. meeting you, your dad (marty) and marilyn, were a real treat. i hope you had has much fun as i did. we will have 2 do it again soon. all the best. have you spoken 2 your dad??? any word on how 2 proceed??

Lenny
04-27-2005, 07:11 PM
Rick, add 1600 miles to that number and you would have a trip to Houston and back from here :D
http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/puke.gif

RickSE
04-27-2005, 10:52 PM
Blue,
I had a great time, really glad I was able to bring the boat up. I hope I wasn't telling you things you already knew, felt like I was trying to download everything I've learned these past few years.

The truck was no big deal just a little delay until I could get it fixed.

I know my dad talked to Donzi Monday morning with good results. I'll send you an email in the morning when I get to work.

What's with all the full service gas stations in Oregon?? If the fuel wasn't $2.45/gallon I would have made those poor gas pump kids fill all five tanks on the truck.

I really would like to bring my boat and family up some time. Maybe next summer after I forget how much driving it takes. Ah but he scenery was to die for.

Lenny
04-27-2005, 11:21 PM
What's with all the full service gas stations in Oregon?? If the fuel wasn't $2.45/gallon I would have made those poor gas pump kids fill all five tanks on the truck.

Rick, it is illegal to pump your own gas in Oregon :rolleyes: State Law.

Also, you are not allowed to kill a rattlesnake in that State either... (like the snake would have to worry about me :eek: )

yeller
04-28-2005, 10:02 PM
WOW, that boat is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful colour. Man...I am sooo jealous! Hope all those boats will be at Chelan in June.

boldts
04-29-2005, 10:25 AM
Looks even better off the trailer, out of the garage and on the water! Another addition to my screen saver file!