PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a copy of "Hot Boat" July 1995

DonCig
04-25-2005, 10:13 PM
Bruce B. said that their was a good article on my new "to me" 1996 Cigarette 20' in the July 1995 issue of "Hot Boat" magazine. Is there any chance somebody in the registry has a copy for sale or copying of the article?

Thanks for looking,

DonCig

farmer tx
04-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Don, I have every issue since 86' I will see if I can come up with it. Give me a while because they are in storage.

Mark

DonCig
04-26-2005, 07:41 AM
Mark, thanks for the offer to dig thru the boxes.

Don

Craig S
04-26-2005, 09:48 AM
Boating also had one about then, also. I will check where I put it. Craig

Mr X
04-26-2005, 11:36 AM
Don, I think you can buy back issues direct from the publisher.......
I have seen HotBoat magazine advertise them for sale........

Jerry Eisele
04-27-2005, 06:49 PM
Great looking cig 20!!!

DonCig
04-27-2005, 10:14 PM
Thank you to everybody that responded to this post. FarmerTX for his offer to dig thru the barn. Craig for his offer to dig thru his Boating mags. And Ted for his tip to call Hot Boat. I called Hot Boat and for $12 they will send me a brand new shelf copy of the July 1995 magazine. I will wait and see if it is really true and not a cheap copy. I will post the address for Hot Boat reprints in case somebody else need an issue. The Cig is getting detailed and tuned and I will drop it in the water on May 16th on my way to AOTH. I am hauling my Donzi 18' to AOTH this year from CO. Next year I will bring the 20' Cig. I will need to borrow my dads Suburban since my hauler does not have the capacity to haul the weight of the Cig. Plus I need a little time this summer to get comfortable with the Blackhawk in the Cig. Todd has offered to give me some pointers at AOTH in driving a Blackhawk and I am looking foward to riding in his 22 with Jill.

Again thank you,

DonCig

smoothie
07-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Don,
How did the new copy pan out for ya,I may order one also.

Marlin275
07-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Don,
Since you have the Donzi 18 and the Cig 20 how do you compare them in performance?

DonCig
07-18-2005, 11:16 PM
Smoothie, the copy of the new/old stock Hot Boat magazine arrived in perfect condition, about 10 weeks after I ordered it. Just be patient. It was a good article, and my it is amazing to see where the boating industry has come since 1995 with products.

Marlin275, the best way that I can describe the two boats is as follows:
Classic 18 - Chevrolet Small Block Corvette Convertible 1998 vintage.
Nimble, quick and wet!
Cigarette 20 - Chevrolet Big Block Corvette Coupe 1972 vintage.
Loud, fast and imposing! And sometimes a little damp.

Life is about making good choices. I think that I might have made two in a row. The boat that makes me drool is Rootsy's High Speed Classic 16!

One boat is very agile and makes you feel like you might be the captain everyday. And when the going gets fast, you are convinced that you are in charge.
The other makes you feel like you are the captain until you decide to wring it out, and then you realize that you weigh 200 pounds and the boat weighs 4,500 pounds.
Each boat brings its own sense of enjoyment and pleasures, but I always grin a little bigger in the smaller boat. I am also usually a little wet when I am done.

DonCig

p.s. - My dream boat, a Classic 18 Adjustable Split Bench 3 seater with no windshield from the Lenny Boatworks in B.C. with a 427 c.i. World Products 427 H.P small block pushing a surface piercing drive. Solid white with a small center Blue Stripe and dry pipes & silent choice.