PDA

View Full Version : motor mount placement

smokediver
04-25-2005, 11:42 AM
I was wondering if one of you folks with a small block V-8 powered 16 would be so kind as to measure from the forward bulkhead in the engine compartment to the center of the motor mount and then again from the transom forward ... thanks in advance !!! I pulled the outdrive today and mated on the new upper . New gimbal bearing installed, drive placed on stand for paint ... Now to yank out the old engine .... Jack .... did you ever re-power your 16 ?? you might want to give me a shout if you didn't !!!

Rootsy
04-25-2005, 11:49 AM
If i get out of here at a reasonble hour and home before dark i'll take the measurements for you. No luck finding the diagram i did a few years back...

JR

smokediver
04-25-2005, 12:08 PM
thanks in advance Rootsy :biggrin:

MOP
04-25-2005, 05:29 PM
I looked through my stuff, it is 24-1/4" from the transom to the center of the large mount adjusting bolt. This can vary a little due to transom thickness, when I did hte mounts in the 22 also a SB I set the engine down and marked the holes then lifted the engine slightly, removed the mounts from the block which gave me enough room to drill the two bolt holes with a very short bit.

Phil

MOP
04-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Scott you have that right, I remember laying over the motor and reaching down blind to change out the starter on the 302 up at 1K in 2003.

My thinking in the initial post is wrong, the inner measurement will be the 24-1/4" as the thickness of the transom will not effect the position of the inner plate only the outer.

Phil