PDA

View Full Version : question

Knot Slow
04-25-2005, 08:24 AM
about a week ago i poasted that the classic donzi i bought had listed on the title 20"6 ,yesterday while jumping waves off Ft Lauderdale i met up with a couple with the exact same boat,hes telling me i have a rare MINX,how rare and where:smash: do i find the info on this?

RedDog
04-25-2005, 10:26 AM
click on the search button above and type in Minx.

PS - this is the "Year of the Minx" at AOTH in Jamestown KY - May 19 -22. The tee shirts for this year feature the Minx.

Knot Slow
04-25-2005, 11:08 AM
click on the search button above and type in Minx.

PS - this is the "Year of the Minx" at AOTH in Jamestown KY - May 19 -22. The tee shirts for this year feature the Minx.:wavey: thanks,i will be in europe with my band on those dates,check out the hep cat boo daddies on a goggle search....

boldts
04-25-2005, 11:13 AM
Knot,

Got pictures of your new Donzi? Maybe the serial number also would help some of the experienced Minx owners on the board with your question. Seems to me, the Black with grey interior was a special limited edition. Then there were some changes in the windshield materials that also made some more rare than others. Not to long of a drive from FL to KY. There are a host of others coming up from down there. Latch on and join their caravan. Check out the post called a new Awakening of the Horses in the Events section of the board. www.mwdonziclub.com/awakening.htm

Just read your post. Sorry you'll miss our gathering, but have a great time with the band in Europe!

Knot Slow
04-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Knot,

Got pictures of your new Donzi? Maybe the serial number also would help some of the experienced Minx owners on the board with your question. Seems to me, the Black with grey interior was a special limited edition. Then there were some changes in the windshield materials that also made some more rare than others. Not to long of a drive from FL to KY. There are a host of others coming up from down there. Latch on and join their caravan. Check out the post called a new Awakening of the Horses in the Events section of the board. www.mwdonziclub.com/awakening.htm (http://www.mwdonziclub.com/awakening.htm)

Just read your post. Sorry you'll miss our gathering, but have a great time with the band in Europe! i will upload some pics and get all the numbers,the boat is dark blue and cream with a blue stripe also has pin stripping in dark red on the strips,350 ,5.7 merc,she flys........i paid under 5000 w trailer

gcarter
04-25-2005, 04:54 PM
Hi KS!
I looked up your band, which one are you?
How rare are Minx's? According to my list, there were at least 160 built over three years. I don't know how many are left. A few hve been wrecked, others have been allowed to deteriate. There always seem to be a few available. Prices seem to run from $4K to about $17K. I've seen a few adds asking $20K+, but I don't think they sell at that price.
A word of warning.....be careful with the windshield. You will not find a replacement. If you could find a shop to make one, it might cost as much as $2K. If you do take a wave over the bow, it will break.
Enjoy!

DONZI
04-25-2005, 06:31 PM
about a week ago i poasted that the classic donzi i bought had listed on the title 20"6 ,yesterday while jumping waves off Ft Lauderdale i met up with a couple with the exact same boat,hes telling me i have a rare MINX,how rare and where:smash: do i find the info on this?
Hey Knot Slow, We were having dinner at Shooters last wk. on vac. and my daughter spots a Minx going by.I grabbed the camera and got a pic.. Is this you out for a cruise?

Surfer
04-26-2005, 07:43 AM
Hey Knot Slow, I was out flyin' my 18 off Ft. L. yesterday, also. Checked out your band, looks rock-a-billy, where are you playin'? I play in a instrumental (surf) band
that kind of goes in a bunch of different directions, we're in the studio this month, then playing out again in June. www.cutbacksurfband.com

Knot Slow
04-26-2005, 01:39 PM
Hi KS!
I looked up your band, which one are you?
How rare are Minx's? According to my list, there were at least 160 built over three years. I don't know how many are left. A few hve been wrecked, others have been allowed to deteriate. There always seem to be a few available. Prices seem to run from $4K to about $17K. I've seen a few adds asking $20K+, but I don't think they sell at that price.
A word of warning.....be careful with the windshield. You will not find a replacement. If you could find a shop to make one, it might cost as much as $2K. If you do take a wave over the bow, it will break.
Enjoy! i am the bald one ,thanks for the info on the windsheild,my wife almost divorced me comming out of ft laud cut,we hit some large waves,but when we hit the ocean and went shallow ,it was a great run.:cool:

Knot Slow
04-26-2005, 01:43 PM
Hey Knot Slow, We were having dinner at Shooters last wk. on vac. and my daughter spots a Minx going by.I grabbed the camera and got a pic.. Is this you out for a cruise? that is to funny,no that is the guy I met on sunday that told me my boat was a minx,it is identical to his ,but missing the minx emblem:jestera:

Knot Slow
04-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Hey Knot Slow, I was out flyin' my 18 off Ft. L. yesterday, also. Checked out your band, looks rock-a-billy, where are you playin'? I play in a instrumental (surf) band
that kind of goes in a bunch of different directions, we're in the studio this month, then playing out again in June. www.cutbacksurfband.com (http://www.cutbacksurfband.com)hey surfer,we are a blues band that plays surf,swing,rock etc,we just competed in Memphis for the IBC ,we recorded at Sun recording studio,we coped 5 tracks live in 2 hours,i will be in europe from May 5 thru the 20th,lets hook up when i get back....

Surfer
04-26-2005, 02:09 PM
E-mail me when you get back, similar band, haircut and boat, I think were the same guy.

Knot Slow
04-26-2005, 02:21 PM
E-mail me when you get back, similar band, haircut and boat, I think were the same guy.you got it,check out www.soundclick.com (http://www.soundclick.com) its a cool site ,go into blues-rock and search the hep cat boo daddies,this is a good marketing tool for your band,we played with dick dale on hollywood beach.:pimp: