PDA

View Full Version : ANgel Aid DONZI Poker Run Pictures and Stories

Speed-Racer
04-24-2005, 06:41 PM
Well, what an awesome event it was, 49 official boats of all kind! Good food, good time, and good people all for a great cause! Next year we need more DONZI SEA DOGS and just DONZI's to attend. If you didn't go, you need to go next year, come on it's for the kids..... We had awesome weather also, except.....for the 3ft seas and everyone took a good beating/soaking.... even the big guys were not happy.

I didn't have a "still" chance to take any PICs, so come on guys....

Greg K
04-24-2005, 06:51 PM
Brandon...3 ft seas??? Ask you dad what it was like just before getting downtown...anyhow..look in the whatever section for some pics.

E-mail or PM me your address...your dad left his jacket in my boat.

Greg

ChromeGorilla
04-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Greg is right. You and Mark are 2 for 2 bailin out half way through... 'member palatka?!?!?! :biggrin.: For those who actually made it to lunch via boat you would of seen between NAS Jax and downtown, 5 foot seas. And thats no lie. It was nasty.

BabyDonzi
04-25-2005, 06:29 PM
Greg is right. You and Mark are 2 for 2 bailin out half way through... 'member palatka?!?!?! :biggrin.: For those who actually made it to lunch via boat you would of seen between NAS Jax and downtown, 5 foot seas. And thats no lie. It was nasty.

Ah yes, but the Hooters girls made my pain go away!

Last Tango
04-26-2005, 04:49 PM
It was when we got north of NAS that we decided discretion was the better part of valor. We crossed the river in those big mutha's and called it a day. Once the boats were secure, we enjoyed the sweet company of Kelli and Sandy at Hooters. They were extremely attentive to our needs. Was it the same at Vito's?
Fun watching all the boats straggle in, eveyone looking like they had just been released from football practice.
Ummmm 2 for 2 is okay when the water exceeds the safety and comfort level of us little 18's and 16's. Better to travel home together than just let our ego's run wild and abandon a fellow SEADOG.

Last Tango
04-26-2005, 04:56 PM
Oh, yeah,
If Greg is right, then why did he spend Saturday night replacing his firewall where it tore out from its mounts in the rough water, while I partied because I had no repairs necessary.
Phil, buddy, ya gotta do something about the pick-up on your boat. Twice you have overheated due to sucking something up there.
Better to DNF than DNS like so many others.

ChromeGorilla
04-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Mark, just havin a little fun. I would NOT of done the run in an 18. :bawling: Hats off to you for the porstion you did run. I got the chit beat out of me. Too bad Fri and Sat weren't switched around weather wise..... Fri was hot, sunny and the St. Johns was glass. Sat was pretty unusual. Next year it will be perect though, right? :biggrin.:

RickyR
04-26-2005, 07:57 PM
Reminds me of an old story " Tortoise and the Hare " . Us slow pokes just got wet..:p
I'll bet the 100 gallons of fuel aboard helped my ride too. :splat:
Hey Fish, you takin' notes here????
Ricky...seeya...

Last Tango
04-26-2005, 07:59 PM
Dr. Shipley (Doctor of Divinity) has promised us he will do a little more praying for good weather next year. Friday was an awesome boating day as you know. And so was Monday. Today, not so wonderful. Port and Starboard on the weather.
We raised a record amount of cash for those wonderful children. We beat last year's record by a grand. I couldn't be happier.

Last Tango
04-26-2005, 08:07 PM
We also broke another record of sorts. We had 16 Donzi's. Not a single one was towed home. That's 100% finished without major problems. PMR's overheat didn't occur until he sucked up the bottom at the pier while tying up at the end. Greg's errant firewall wasn't a show stopper for him either. And it was fixed and tidy by sunset. Cable linkages were also successfully adjusted on another boat before the start.
Considering the usual 40% drop rate at events like Palatka and Eufaula and others, I'm quite impressed. And for the thrashing the boats took underway, I'm VERY impressed and a very happy DONZI owner. Several of the big Brand X boats broke early before the bad stuff was even happening on the water.

onesubdrvr
04-26-2005, 08:18 PM
We also broke another record of sorts. We had 16 Donzi's. Not a single one was towed home. That's 100% finished without major problems. PMR's overheat didn't occur until he sucked up the bottom at the pier while tying up at the end. Greg's errant firewall wasn't a show stopper for him either. And it was fixed and tidy by sunset. Cable linkages were also successfully adjusted on another boat before the start.
Considering the usual 40% drop rate at events like Palatka and Eufaula and others, I'm quite impressed. And for the thrashing the boats took underway, I'm VERY impressed and a very happy DONZI owner. Several of the big Brand X boats broke early before the bad stuff was even happening on the water.
WOW!! Taking those numbers into account, I'd say this was the best yet!! I too had minor structural issues, but nothing that would have stopped me from running some more, who needs storage trays anyways!?!

But do tell, What big brand X boats did the 'lil ole 17 year old (how old is that in boat years anyways?) Ragazza out last?...I MUST know!! :wink:

Wayne

sweet 16 1966
04-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Mark,
I enjoyed the run back which was a very good idea considering the conditions we were running in and the size of the boats. The Donzi's took a beating and all I found were some bow rail screws which needed tightening, all else in good condition. Lunch was enjoyable also!!

Last Tango
04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
Yeah, I'm gonna wash my boat up real nice and clean, and maybe put a fresh coat of wax in her. She deserves all the love I can give her after her sterling performance in the face of Mother Nature last weekend. I enjoyed running back with you next to me. Good comfort for both of us, and a heck of a lot more fun to run WITH someone that just running away from everyone. I have some nice pictures of the two of us rafted up together on Friday afternoon and evening. Puts a real warm fuzzy in my heart to see your boat next to mine.
I wish I had been able to take a movie of you all the way back. If ANYONE EVER needed proof of the solidness of DONZI construction, or wanted to question your skills as a boat driver, we could put both to rest immediately.

I would love to persue the idea of a SEADOG Rendezvous at Lake Lanier this summer. Can you look into that for us and present an idea on this Forum?

Greg K
04-29-2005, 10:34 AM
I would love to persue the idea of a SEADOG Rendezvous at Lake Lanier this summer. Can you look into that for us and present an idea on this Forum?

Actually Lake Hartwell would be a better venue in my opinion...but there are board members at Lanier.

Perhaps i can get that going if Lake Hartwell is preferred.

dfunde01
04-29-2005, 01:21 PM
I live less than 5 miles from Lanier, but still go to Hartwell. Even on Holiday weekends Hartwell is wide open. Count me in for either lake though. Looking to learn the quirks of the new Classic 16 and meet some of the other posters.

Actually Lake Hartwell would be a better venue in my opinion...but there are board members at Lanier.

Perhaps i can get that going if Lake Hartwell is preferred.

Last Tango
04-29-2005, 02:51 PM
I know nothing about Lake Hartwell, so either choice is great for me! Thanks, for the offer, Greg.

sweet 16 1966
04-29-2005, 07:31 PM
Either location will work. Hartwell is less crowded but I am not familiar with it.

onesubdrvr
04-29-2005, 08:55 PM
Sunday morning before we left, we saw PMReed in the parking lot, as we were saying good-byes, we noticed his eye was swollen shut,......

PMR, if you read this, how's the eye, or if anyone knows,....

Hope all is better, it looked pretty darn bad!!

Wayne

pmreed
04-30-2005, 01:44 AM
4 days on Benadryl, and it's all OK :) . Thanks for asking!

Phil