PDA

View Full Version : OK I give up!! Truck & Trailer Forum Needed

pmreed
04-21-2005, 04:55 PM
We might as well face it. If we're not talking about boats, we're talking about women (already a couple of forums :biggrin: including one for the women themselves ), trucks or trailers. Since we all tow our boats at some point, we probably oughta set up another forum just for them. I can safely note that there have been more posts concerning T&T (trucks and trailers) than T&A over the last year. So Scotts... whaddaya think?

Phil

pmreed
04-21-2005, 05:11 PM
So now I'll post. I don't like trucks...I like fast, sporty cars. I own an SUV because I own a Donzi. In three and a half years, I've only put 30K miles on my '01 Durango 4X4. It'd be a lot less, but it's the only vehicle I own that carries more than 2 people. And, if it's raining, why take a convertible...the truck gets used then too. I'm retired and don't need a truck for work. Don't get me wrong; I admire a good truck, but I'd rather be driving a sports car. I'll probably keep the Dodge 'til it dies, since I do need it for the occasional pull or taxi job. I guess I need it to haul my big telescope around sometimes too, but I could do that with a Hemi Magnum...and look cool doing it! Simple formula. Donzi = truck/SUV.

Just a few thoughts on the subject of T&T. :smile:

Phil

MOP
04-21-2005, 08:52 PM
Phil I agree with a trailer section it is a got to have item even if just in the spring and fall!
I think haulers are more personal and a bit of an ego trip as are our other rides. I have been a GM guy for years but one of my trucks is a Dakota and we have an Audi and a Buick. Having just rode in Tommy's (Vintage Marine) New Ford I could go that way in a NY minute atleast dream about it. My hauler is a GMC SUV and like you it will work until it drops then maybe I will switch horses.

Phil

Mac
04-21-2005, 09:00 PM
A truck and towing forum would be great, that way we could argue, I mean talk about the Powerstroke vs. the Duramax vs. Cummins all the time, we have not even got into transmissions yet:biggrin.: can't wait for that discussion, I hear the new Torqueshift is cracking cases left and right.:rlol:

BUIZILLA
04-21-2005, 09:09 PM
yeah, I need an excuse to drive my PS.... it hasn't been driven 200 miles in the last 8 months, same tank of fuel. Just sits in the warehouse all lonely and pouting.

JH

onesubdrvr
04-21-2005, 10:26 PM
So now I'll post. I don't like trucks...I like fast, sporty cars. I own an SUV because I own a Donzi. In three and a half years, I've only put 30K miles on my '01 Durango 4X4. It'd be a lot less, but it's the only vehicle I own that carries more than 2 people. And, if it's raining, why take a convertible...the truck gets used then too. I'm retired and don't need a truck for work. Don't get me wrong; I admire a good truck, but I'd rather be driving a sports car. I'll probably keep the Dodge 'til it dies, since I do need it for the occasional pull or taxi job. I guess I need it to haul my big telescope around sometimes too, but I could do that with a Hemi Magnum...and look cool doing it! Simple formula. Donzi = truck/SUV.

Just a few thoughts on the subject of T&T. :smile:

Phil
I like fast, sporty cars as well, unfortunately with a family of 6, not gonna happen. I own an SUV because I own a Donzi and because I have a large family. I am glad to hear you are using a Durango as that is what I just bought to tow my boat, 2003 V8 SXT. But, it sure is purtty!

Phil,
See Ya Tomorrow night!!