PDA

View Full Version : Minx Owner's Questions

JimG205
04-20-2005, 03:40 PM
:banghead: Hello guy's and gal's-need questions answered on my minx.
1.Where were the horn or horns(dual???) mounted-on the deck or under????

2.The "Donzi Minx" letters on the rear sides,I have the correct size and font ,but what color were they??????

3.Where can I get the center medallion for the steering wheel-seems I remember Scott P has this info-And How do I replace it-does the rubber just pop off of the wheel spokes????

I'm sure George Carter and Cuda would be interested in these answers also.

Thanks in advance. :beer: :shades: :yes:

catch 22
04-20-2005, 04:13 PM
Jim, can't help you on the first two. Still learning about the minx myself.But I need a medallion for my steering wheel to. SEE YA Jim. :biggrin.:

Dr. Dan
04-20-2005, 05:53 PM
:rolleyes: :bighug: Do a search for Lakeside Restorations....Jamie is able to help in these hard to find parts....

http://www.lakesiderestorations.com/

Tell him the Doctor sent you!

:smash: Doc of the Bay

Cuda
04-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Mine came with horns on the deck. I was trouble shooting something else and couldn't figure out why I had wires running up under the bow. It was to the horn.

Cuda
04-20-2005, 06:22 PM
My lettering is silver with a black outline.

gcarter
04-20-2005, 06:58 PM
Hi Jim;
It's been a long time. I hope all is well.
Having had the deck off, I can say my Minx never had a horn. Horns, and the type of horn, were obviously optional choices.
I installed a small horn on the stbd bow similar to the current production boats. It came with two covers, white and black, I painted the black one blue to match the hull. You have to look closely to see it.
The sides had been painted, so the original decals were missing. Currently there are no decals on the boat at all. I still haven't decided as to whether I will replace them. I kind of like the stealth look. I think I'm more inclined to add something to the dash, or maybe the carpet to signify the model. Oh yeah, I still have BROWNIE'S medallion to put on the dash.
And finally, my horn button was the standard Donzi blue button, and the finish has all come off. I might be interested in ponying up for a "Minx" button if someone wants to produce it.

gcarter
04-20-2005, 08:25 PM
BTW Jim, did you see this thread?
If your info isn't here, please send it to me and I will add it.
Thanks
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=39260

Cuda
04-20-2005, 08:31 PM
George, I can't open that attachment. I keep getting a "Malicious script" warning,and it locks up my computer. I have to do the three finger salute to get out of it. :(

Cuda
04-20-2005, 08:32 PM
Can you save it as a jpeg and post it?

gcarter
04-20-2005, 08:45 PM
Joe, it's a Excel spread sheet saved as a Word Document. I guess if you don't have Word, you can't open it.
Maybe I'll change it. BTW, I have you included.

gcarter
04-20-2005, 09:06 PM
I don't seem to know how to save as a JPG. At least it's not one of the listed formats to save to.

Cuda
04-20-2005, 09:12 PM
I have word and excel. Let me try again.

txtaz
04-21-2005, 05:28 AM
Cuda, Right click the link and then "save target as" to save the word document to your hard drive, then open it with word. It might be an issue with the size if your on dial up.
Geaorge the only way I know to save a word doc as a jpg is to do a screen capture, which doesn't help much since it's several pages.
Hope this helps,
Wes

BUIZILLA
04-21-2005, 06:16 AM
you have David Suero in the wrong slot.... :garfield:

Cuda
04-21-2005, 06:17 AM
Thanks Scott, that worked. :)

gcarter
04-21-2005, 06:24 AM
you have David Suero in the wrong slot.... :garfield:
Jim, that's the kind of info I need.
If everyone would email or PM me w/ different info, corrections, or additional boats, I'll make corrections and correct.
Thanks

BUIZILLA
04-21-2005, 06:56 AM
I don't know if the LE that has been decomposing at Grove Key is still there, but we need to get the hull number off of that one as well. What number is Paul's ??

JH

HallJ
04-21-2005, 11:45 AM
Mine has the horns on the starboard side of the front storage shelf (unfinished side) in the bow. about midway.

Jeff

gcarter
04-22-2005, 10:01 PM
George, I can't open that attachment. I keep getting a "Malicious script" warning,and it locks up my computer. I have to do the three finger salute to get out of it. :(
I think I figured this out. I saved it in Word 2003, if any one has an older version, it probably won't recognise it. I'll try to find something else.