PDA

View Full Version : Aronow Edition Questions

Rene496
04-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Does anyone know if you can order a white AE with red full hull sides and a red strip on the deck and hatch like a you can on a regular C22?

ChromeGorilla
04-19-2005, 06:25 PM
Nope, not happening. Boat WILL be monochromatic. Hull deck and interior same color.

Rene496
04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
Nope, not happening. Boat WILL be monochromatic. Hull deck and interior same color.
Will white be a color?

RedDog
04-19-2005, 09:29 PM
Will white be a color?

OK - I don't know the answer - but I will be the smart ass. White is not a color :biggrin:

I do really like 22Cs with white decks and hulls - a stripe or 2 down an all white AE with white interior would be cool to me!

Rene496
04-19-2005, 10:14 PM
OK - I don't know the answer - but I will be the smart ass. White is not a color :biggrin:

I do really like 22Cs with white decks and hulls - a stripe or 2 down an all white AE with white interior would be cool to me!
You got me on that. I am think of ordering a white AE with 2 dark green strips on the deck and hatch and possible teak flooring if Donzi would do that. What do you guys think of that color combo?

Rene496
04-19-2005, 10:17 PM
You got me on that. I am think of ordering a white AE with 2 dark green strips on the deck and hatch and possible teak flooring if Donzi would do that. What do you guys think of that color combo?
RedDog, I just noticed that you have a green strip. Cool! I think your boat is great looking.

Rene496
04-19-2005, 10:22 PM
RedDog, I just noticed that you have a green strip. Cool! I think your boat is great looking. By the way I can spell (stripes) not.

RedDog
04-20-2005, 07:56 AM
RedDog, I just noticed that you have a green strip. Cool! I think your boat is great looking.

yep - I like green too...
http://www.donzi.net/photopost/data/500/408Picture_025.jpg

Barry Phillips
04-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Gee quiz, I think I have a 22 similar to your description, except for the red hull sides, the fairing, and the plush interior. I guess my response is you certainly can. Visit your friendly Donzi store ask for a Aronow Edition 22 in white, keep the interior, the cool gauges, add the signature boot strip, the lifting rings and red hole sides, keep the fairing, than lose the boy racer scoop, put down 20% and presto the Donzi of your dreams, and if your local dealer dose not want make you happy, I know a great guy, Frank at Typhoon, right hear the Garden State who will, so go for it, soumds like a nice combination.

ChromeGorilla
04-20-2005, 12:52 PM
Barry, from what I gather Donzi is pretty set on the Aronow Edition being monochromatic. They want it to be considerably different from a regular classic. Hence the solid color and no boot strip. Just ask blueliner who just ordered an AE. He'll be able to fill you in on what Donzi said they would and wouldn't do. Like I said, i don't think you'll have any luck with a white AE and colored bootstripe.

Barry Phillips
04-20-2005, 03:13 PM
How about a standard red on white 22 Classic, red hull sides, with the Aronow Edition interior, the cool gauges and a red fairing. We know Donzi will do the fairing, and I’m sure the gauges, which are standard off the shelf stuff, just call Lavorsi. The big ? is the little Aronow Edition plaque on the dash more important, than a boat that suites your taste. At the end of day a dealer has to contact Donzi and will Donzi build the boat the customer wants? I have no problem with monochromatic 22s. I almost purchased an all white 22 in 02 but my wife hated it, even had a great name picked out “The Ghost” coined by Fast Eddie. My favorite 22 ever is the blood red Testarrossa, a named coined by Ferrari, not for the trademark red color but for the red rocker covers installed on that particular model. She was the very same boat that Don N bought, but I could not walk away from the deal on my 02 red on white Classic 22, not my dream Donzi but I did not have to sell my first born to afford it. We all have our wish list, but boils down to money, a good dealer and will Donzi do?

Rene496
04-20-2005, 03:50 PM
I would think Donzi would do 2 green stripes because of blueliners new AE. Does anyone have experience with a dealer in my area. Northern Indiana.

ChromeGorilla
04-20-2005, 04:22 PM
We need Donzi....(we know your watching....) or a dealer to chime in on this one. Are you talking white boat with green stripes or a solid colored boat with greens stripes?

Rene496
04-20-2005, 04:27 PM
We need Donzi....(we know your watching....) or a dealer to chime in on this one. Are you talking white boat with green stripes or a solid colored boat with greens stripes?white boat with green stripes.

ChromeGorilla
04-20-2005, 04:47 PM
Like this....?

Don't get me wrong, this boat would look sweet as hell, especialy with a teak floor, but I would bet you couldn't get an AE like this. You may be able to order a "regular" classic like this (which would kick ass) but not an AE...just my opinion. :biggrin: Damn....that double green would look awesome!!!!! Even a solid green....... :biggrin:

blackhawk
04-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Solid forest green with two white stripes would look sweet!

Barry Phillips
04-20-2005, 10:59 PM
I like those 2 green stripes, not bad. I know of a 22 Classic owner on LG who ordered a hunter green 22 to match his Cobalt, although I'm partial, the 22 beats the Cobalt for style any day. To there credit, Donzi is going more custom as they should, these are not Bayliners. Donzifiles love the Classic style plus the details or we would not love our boats so much. I took my friend’s cousin out for ride last summer, I promised to take it easy on him but I got mixed up with a 7 meter Fountain. The guy was grinning ear to ear, later my friend told me he was so scared he almost back out, but was glad he didn’t, that’s what Classic Donzis are all about no matter what color they are.