PDA

View Full Version : Back to IE ?

MOP
04-18-2005, 07:49 AM
Well like all good things there is another side, some interesting information below.

http://www.informationweek.com/story/showArticle.jhtml?articleID=160900911

Woodrow
04-20-2005, 11:25 AM
Good information but then I am a fan of the LangaList. My recommendation to anyone for internet security is Panda. I used their free online Active Scan several years ago and signed up for their email information. More and more frequently, they were ahead of both McAfee and Norton with information on viruses. I now have it installed on my PC and think it does an amazing job...for viruses, malware, firewall, etc. The cost of it's software is about the same as any good virus software ($49.00 per year but notification for cheaper rates as a subscriber.)

Woody

MOP
04-20-2005, 10:14 PM
I have heard Panda is quite good, I have been running Etrust from Computer associates for about 5 years so far it has been great. It to is much better than Norton or McAfee, I have friends running both and both have had their fair share of stuff getting through. Windows XP SP2 reports that I have two AV's, I did not realize SP2 had an AV program in it. Hopefully even better protection.

Phil