PDA

View Full Version : Electric fuel pump

Zinger
04-17-2005, 01:44 PM
Hello All, I have a 496 which has 32 psi of fuel psi measured at the fuel rail both filter are new and regulators seem to operate find . I'm leaning towards a bad pump and would like to replace the pumps with another type of fuel pump not mercruiser does anyone know of a reasonable electric pump with regulatorhadling about 50 psi . Thanks Jeff

BUIZILLA
04-17-2005, 03:08 PM
I just went through 2 months of hell with my Formula over FP issues. Believe it or not, with the vacuum source connected to the regulator, the pressure should be about 32-35#'s, disconnected it should be about 40-43#. This is measured with the engine at idle speed. If that's what ya got, your good to go.

JH

Zinger
04-17-2005, 05:50 PM
Thats the same results I have , I would have believed it should have been a little higher around 48 psi , but I have a hesitation problem and when I disconnect the map sensor the hesititation is gone which lead to the pumps anyone else had this problem . Thanks Jeff

MOP
04-19-2005, 01:41 PM
Jeff I have 3 Merc fuelie pumps all different numbers, according to the prior owner they came off a 496. I have been trying to run the numbers but have not gotten it right yet. If you want to try them to see if one helps your problem out let me know.

Maybe one of the smarter fuelie guys can decipher the numbers out, I tried crossing them on Merc Parts to no avail.

All have SAE J1171 tags

They all have the same main number of 861155-4
All three have a different just below that one. 1254B
1344A
1564A

MOP
04-19-2005, 08:36 PM
Thanks Scott I have been mucking around trying to find out what I had, the seller said two Low and one was High. All I will use is low so I needed to know what I had.

Phil