PDA

View Full Version : Who builds the Cadillac

Ed Donnelly
04-16-2005, 09:06 PM
My wife insists that she heard on the radio that Chrysler builds the Cadillac.
The 2006 model will carry the Chrysler logo.
I know its not April 1st. and she wants to bet me $50.00
She is a blonde,and I think that may be in my favor.
Anyone shed some light on this????????????Ed

Mr X
04-16-2005, 09:30 PM
My wife insists that she heard on the radio that Chrysler builds the Cadillac.
The 2006 model will carry the Chrysler logo.
I know its not April 1st. and she wants to bet me $50.00
She is a blonde,and I think that may be in my favor.
Anyone shed some light on this????????????Ed

OK, I'll bite........everyone knows its GM....General Motors!

Not Chrysler.
Now give the man his $50.00.........or maybe work out some other kind of deal!! :jestera:

gold-n-rod
04-16-2005, 09:57 PM
I'd start searching your wife's room for telltale signs..... little seeds, empty baggies, scales, rolling papers, roaches (not the bug), large amounts of cash.

It's obvious she's smoking something. :bonk:

motorcity
04-16-2005, 11:07 PM
Tell her you heard it from the horses mouth, I work at GM and we make the Cadillac's

Walt. H.
04-17-2005, 12:19 AM
Ed,

"Daimler/Chrysler"
She must have been thinking of the Mercedes-Benz and it came out verbally as a Cadillac.?

Wood grain and Leather they all smell the same. :yes: :biggrin:

http://research.cars.com/go/crp/features.jsp;jsessionid=MPXBLZEFSDLGHLAZGJFJXKY?de stURL=features.jsp&year=2005&makeid=8&modelid=6128&myid=5638&superTrim=&acode=USB50CAC111A0&logtype=7&aff=national
Walt

rustnrot
04-17-2005, 07:57 AM
5th vote for Caddy=GM now and for the future. Let's see she owes the Registry 5 x $50 = $250! Next!

Dr. Dan
04-17-2005, 09:23 AM
:biggrin.: I agree with what Walt says...alot of people are not consciously aware of the Mercedes/Chrysler Connection!

Walt you bringing that boat to LG this year? At least ya can run with us? :bonk:

Doc :wavey:

Walt. H.
04-17-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks Doc,

It is a classic and it is an 18, But even if I change the badging on the side of the hull it still wouldn't be a Donzi. :banghead: :biggrin.:

Thanks for the kindly invite,
Walt :wavey:

You just may "p. off" some members by inviting me with my cvx-18? :rlol:

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
"Up-date"
Dan,
It definitely sounds like a fun possibility, even if Matty throws his empty aluminum cans at me for showing up. :jestera: :beer:

Dr. Dan
04-17-2005, 10:37 AM
:smash: Hey its a big lake....whats to prevent ya from running with us up the Lake...we had a guys OutBoard Cat join us one year...I'm just saying if you're gonna be there, ya should bring your boat....your right...it won't get Dock Space with the classics...I understand...we've all been there before....but bring it an run it....Just my opinion.!

Doc :beer:

wilde313
04-17-2005, 10:40 AM
What Mrs. donnelly heard is that almost all General Motors vehicles, including Cadillac and other brands will carry a small "GM" logo starting late '05 or early '06 in an attempt to show that the family is still strong. In other words, don't look at stock prices, check out the new emblem.

Ed Donnelly
04-17-2005, 05:33 PM
Wilde313;; Close very close.
Seems she heard it on the news, but, didn't hear GM. What she heard was the badging would be on all the 06 models. She picked up 2 brand names,
Cadillac and Hummer...As she stated to me,"Everyone knows Chrysler builds the Hummer, so they must be building the Cadillac too" Took her on a vertual tour of GM and to her utter amazement, GM builds the Hummer...The $50.00 bet??? Well we didn't shake on it,did we.......Ed

gold-n-rod
04-17-2005, 07:14 PM
to her utter amazement, GM builds the Hummer...

Don't be so sure. AM General builds the Hummers (at least the H1 and H2, not sure of the upcoming H3). GM has an exclusive marketing agreement for AM General's products.

motorcity
04-17-2005, 08:49 PM
Don't be so sure. AM General builds the Hummers (at least the H1 and H2, not sure of the upcoming H3). GM has an exclusive marketing agreement for AM General's products.

GM is building the Hummer H3's in their Shreveport Louisianna plant along side the Colorado and Canyon pick-ups.