PDA

View Full Version : Suwannee Birthday Bash June 17-19

Budmann
04-15-2005, 08:09 PM
Hey gang, Donzi JodI Here! Please join us June 17-19 on the Suwannee River to celebrate, not one, but two Staples Birthdays - Budmann and Fishboy! I am not allowed to reveil their ages, but they are getting up there...hehehe. :hyper:

We will be arriving on Friday afternoon and staying at the Holiday Inn in Chiefland. Friday expect a food and fun meet and greet poolside. Then Saturday we hit the river and springs bright and early to warm up for the Saturday night dinner and birthday bash at the Lighthouse restaurant! Then back out on the water Sunday after recovering. :bonk:

The hotel is right off of US 19 N conveniently located next to a Super Walmart, Sonic, KFC, Taco Bell and WinnDixie. Please let me know if you are interested in attending as the hotel will be offering a special group rate.

Holiday Inn
809 NW 21st Ave
Chiefland, FL 32626
352-493-9400

:outtahere

ChromeGorilla
04-15-2005, 08:14 PM
Damn, wish I was around to join you guys but I'll be in NY for the Dustoff...

Cuda
04-15-2005, 08:20 PM
Sounds good to us. Hopefully the river is down some by then.

onesubdrvr
04-15-2005, 08:44 PM
Would love to make it,....

Where (give me a big city) is it?

Wayne

Cuda
04-15-2005, 09:00 PM
Cheifland is the biggest town around. About 50 miles west of Gainesville.

gcarter
04-15-2005, 09:10 PM
Would love to make it,....

Where (give me a big city) is it?

Wayne
No big city, not even a medium sized one. If you look at a map and follow Hwy 27 NW from Ocala, Chiefland is where 27 intersects Hwy 19. The river is about 10 miles North of there.
BTW, this year the boat is running and Elaine and I will be there.

pmreed
04-15-2005, 09:20 PM
That's a beautiful run; I really enjoyed it last year. I'd love to do it again, but it looks like I'll be in Italy. If my plans change, I'm definitely in!!

Phil

Budmann
04-17-2005, 08:27 AM
Glad to see such a fast responce!!! :biggrin: :fire: We are going to have a blast!! If you Scuba dive then bring your tanks. Troy Springs is a sweet 60 foot hole with some... I will wait and you can see for yourself. :biggrin: :biggrin:

See ya then...

Bud

Cuda
04-17-2005, 09:39 AM
Buddy, how did you four wheeler ride go a few weeks ago. As I recall, it was rainy as hell that weekend. We took ours out yesterday.

Budmann
04-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Great pics! We would love to ATV with you. We have been going every weekend in January and February. :smile: Just about time to clean 'em up for Donzi season. If it looks like we have any cool weekends ahead give us a holler. Ocala is the best riding!

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Cuda
04-17-2005, 03:09 PM
We live only 1.7 miles from where we ride. Anytime you want to go, let us know.

Budmann
04-17-2005, 03:16 PM
Is it in Ocala??? We would love to. as you can see, we are not afraid to get dirty!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :pimp:

Cuda
04-17-2005, 03:27 PM
Yes, it's on the southeastern most portion of the ONF, right on the St John's River. The area is called St Francis Trail. Those last pics were from yesterday, here's some older ones from the same area.

florida gator
04-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Is the Ocala Forest really that good? I keep hearing mixed opinions about it. We normally go to Croom and have a lot of fun. I will not be riding anywhere until I find time to go to Chattanooga and get my new Scrambler. Hopefully soon as I have a trail from my back yard to state land with trails and a sand pit.

Last Tango
04-17-2005, 09:55 PM
FLG8r,
Last weeekend I lead a small group of 8 Porsches from the club here in Jax on an overnight excursion to Cedar Key. We took the long way there by first going south to Crystal River for lunch at the place called Peck's. The Porsche club really enjoyed the drive into the retaurant from the main hwy!

I will check my schedule to see if I can join everyone. My first try last year was way less than successful. Is everyone REALLY going to be at the HIE this time or at some cousins house down the road a fer piece? It was lonely there last year, and my cell phone had zip signal.

florida gator
04-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Pecks is really good food. It isn't accesible by boat unless you have very shallow draft and lot's of knowledge. If you ever stay in the area let me know. I can take you for a ride. Cedar Key is actually a nice ride from here. Quicker by boat than by car.

I really want to get up your way on the boat soon. I really envy that area when I go for the big cocktail party. I have been from Salt Springs to Palatka but no further north yet.

FLG8r,
Last weeekend I lead a small group of 8 Porsches from the club here in Jax on an overnight excursion to Cedar Key. We took the long way there by first going south to Crystal River for lunch at the place called Peck's. The Porsche club really enjoyed the drive into the retaurant from the main hwy!

I will check my schedule to see if I can join everyone. My first try last year was way less than successful. Is everyone REALLY going to be at the HIE this time or at some cousins house down the road a fer piece? It was lonely there last year, and my cell phone had zip signal.

Cuda
04-18-2005, 10:22 PM
Pecks is really good food. It isn't accesible by boat unless you have very shallow draft and lot's of knowledge. If you ever stay in the area let me know. I can take you for a ride. Cedar Key is actually a nice ride from here. Quicker by boat than by car.

Much, much quicker by boat. From where I had my trailer at the town of Suwannee, it was about 10 miles to Cedar Key by boat, and about 75 miles by car. Believe me, we DON'T want to venture near the mouth of the Suwannee with our boats. Last time I was there, I ran into an oyster bar when I was dead centered in a marked channel. :banghead:

Budmann
04-19-2005, 09:29 AM
Yea, we quit going South about 10 years ago. To many dangers. :embarasse :embarasse :embarasse We put in just south of Fanning Springs and head North. We will be stopping at each one of the springs for a cool off and boat soda. Remember to bring your scubatanks if you got em. Some really pretty stuff dowm there.

Cuda
04-19-2005, 01:16 PM
You are fine heading south as long as you don't go pass the town of Suwannee. Some real pretty scenery that way. The last 15 miles or so is virtually uninhabited.

Budmann
04-21-2005, 04:29 PM
Well looks like its going to be a small getogether. :embarasse :embarasse
Oh wee, we can still have a blast. :wink:

Fish boy
04-22-2005, 01:28 PM
Sweeet! Man, I can't wait! Suwannee has to be one of the best places to boat in florida. Fresh water, crystal clear springs, tons of wildlife, miles and miles of winding scenic river and very cool law enforcement. I may even go up early and make a long weekend out of it.

Any suggestions about gas on the river? I need 93 octane and I only know of one place so far that sell gas on the river and I am not sure if it is premium or not. Anyone have any ideas? I heard there was a place where you could tie up and walk up a little hill with a gas can in a pinch... I would rather not get pinched. Looking for something along the lines of a Hooters with full serve pumps, but will settle for less if I have to :D

Cuda
04-22-2005, 02:19 PM
Looking for something along the lines of a Hooters with full serve pumps, but will settle for less if I have to :D

I'd plan on settling for less if I were you. They can't find enough girls up there with all their teeth to stock a Hooters. :eek:

florida gator
04-23-2005, 09:19 AM
I'd plan on settling for less if I were you. They can't find enough girls up there with all their teeth to stock a Hooters. :eek:

I didn't realize Hooters girls had teeth :wink:

Fish boy
04-24-2005, 09:06 PM
I didn't realize Hooters girls had teeth :wink:

:wink: :rlol: :beer:

gcarter
06-03-2005, 02:50 AM
Is this thing still on?

Budmann
06-03-2005, 05:32 AM
Absolutly!!!! :D :D :D Fish and I are still going. I think Cuda is going to join us as well. Planning several trips to the Suwannee this june and July. It is sooo nice up there this time of year.

Bud

ChromeGorilla
06-03-2005, 07:03 AM
If I wasn't going to LG for the dustoff I'd be there. Let me know what weekend in July and Michelle and I will make it out there with you guys.

Budmann
06-03-2005, 07:11 AM
C.G... Will do. Ummmm, it looks like we need to give you more to do. quite a few champion buttons. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

onesubdrvr
06-05-2005, 12:58 PM
I'd like to make it, waiting to find out if the boat will be done,

Hoping so, would be nice to get it out again,

Wayne

Cuda
06-05-2005, 02:37 PM
I don't know if I'll have the Minx back by then. I'll call Debbie's dad and check on the level of the river. If it's still high, there will be a lot of debris floating.

Budmann
06-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Cuda... Fish and I were up there 2 weeks ago. Alittle high but not too much floating. We would love to see you and Deb. we are checked in at the Holiday inn express. :pimp: :pimp: :smileybo: :yippie:

Cuda
06-07-2005, 09:10 PM
We have free lodging up that way. :)

Budmann
06-08-2005, 04:54 PM
Jodi and I are in Ft. Myers right now at a Sheriff's Conference. We sat with the Suwannee Sheriff at a luncheon today and he said the river should be perrrrrfect for next weekend. :yippie: :yippie:

gcarter
06-10-2005, 08:05 AM
Well the river might be perfect next weekend, but it's projected to have a 60% chance of rain Saturday and Sunday.
If we're rained out, do we want to reset the date?

Budmann
06-10-2005, 08:07 AM
Yup!! We will play by ear. Thats the good thing about America... we can go any time we want. :umbrella: :umbrella:

DonziJodi
06-11-2005, 12:20 PM
So excited for the trip this weekend. As of now the weather is looking good for Frid & Sat. River is a little bit high and we will monitor it as the week progresses. I would like to get a tentative head count for festivity reasons. Please let me know if you think you will be attending. We will be arriving at the Holiday Inn in Chiefland around noon Friday! Let the games begin. Happy Birthday Budmann & FishBoy.

:beer: :beer:

:happy_bi: :happy_bi: :happy_bi:

gcarter
06-14-2005, 10:05 PM
If Elaine and I decide to come up on Saturday morning and just spend Saturday night, what would be a good time to arrive on Saturday?

Cuda
06-14-2005, 10:09 PM
It's touch and go for us. Depends on how the jobs go the rest of the week.

DonziJodi
06-14-2005, 10:56 PM
We will wait for you Saturday if you decide to come!!! You can meet us between 9-10 AM at the Holiday Inn in Chiefland. It is right behind the Sonic, next to the Walmart on 19. Just let us know what you decide, so we can expect you. We are heading up Friday morning. 727-251-6788 is Budmann's cell if you have any problems. Come on Cuda too, I know that Deb wants to go boating!

:wavey: :wavey:

Cuda
06-14-2005, 11:02 PM
I just found out we don't have Kyle this weekend, so it's looking better. :)

Cuda
06-14-2005, 11:03 PM
I just found out we don't have Kyle this weekend, so it's looking better. :)

DonziJodi
06-14-2005, 11:20 PM
Cute Picture! Would love it if you guys could make it this weekend!!!

gcarter
06-15-2005, 06:44 AM
We will wait for you Saturday if you decide to come!!! You can meet us between 9-10 AM at the Holiday Inn in Chiefland. It is right behind the Sonic, next to the Walmart on 19. Just let us know what you decide, so we can expect you. We are heading up Friday morning. 727-251-6788 is Budmann's cell if you have any problems. Come on Cuda too, I know that Deb wants to go boating!

:wavey: :wavey:
OK, count us in and we'll try to get there in time to have breakfast with you guys.

Budmann
06-15-2005, 07:24 AM
Sounds great George! :wavey: We are going to show you guys some really cool spots. :eek: :eek:

Budmann
06-15-2005, 07:30 AM
:shades: Now all we need is to get a all in from Joe and Deb and we will have a great team. :shades: :shades: . :shades:

Cuda
06-15-2005, 07:44 AM
I'd say we are 90% sure to be there. I will know after my 500 mile round trip to Port Charlotte today. :(

Budmann
06-15-2005, 07:50 AM
Super!!!!! C'mon and bring your masks and snorkels. Gonna do some spring adventuring. :yes: :yes: :shades: :cool!: :cool!:

Cuda
06-16-2005, 05:46 PM
Unless something unforseen comes up, we will be there. Not sure if we will leave tomorrow, or early Saturday morning.

Is Fish bringing the 16 OB?

onesubdrvr
06-16-2005, 05:53 PM
Well, as muchi as I'd like to make this one, see some new scenery, meet some new people, I won't be making it. The boat is still in the shop, and I need to take the weekend to do some stuff around the house so I can get back out in the boat when I get it back,...

HappyBirthday guys, and everyone have fun and be safe, I want to see lots of pictures!!

Wayne

Budmann
06-16-2005, 06:20 PM
No Cuda.... Fish has the need for speed. bringing the S.T.D. I hope he has a big wallet. Those outboards break allot. :smile: :smile: :smile:

pmreed
06-16-2005, 08:41 PM
Sorry I'm going to miss this one :bawling: . I really enjoyed the river last year.

Phil

Cuda
06-16-2005, 09:19 PM
No Cuda.... Fish has the need for speed. bringing the S.T.D. I hope he has a big wallet. Those outboards break allot. :smile: :smile: :smile:
Dang, I was hoping to see the sixteen. The sixteen outboards have always fascinated me. I almost bought one a few years back, but someone beat me to it.

Cuda
06-17-2005, 03:42 PM
Budman called a while back while we were in Daytona. He, Fishboy, and Jodeye are on the way up. We will leave in the am. We both need some sleep.