PDA

View Full Version : 22ZX ski/board rope... where?

synack
04-15-2005, 04:39 PM
I'd like to start using my 22ZX for some skiing/tubing action but I don't have anywhere to attach the rope. The only thing I have in back is the handle for the ladder and that surely won't do. I've looked at pictures of other 22ZXs for reference and can't find any that have anywhere to attach the rope.

Any ideas on how to do this or what product to use? I'm defineitly NOT interested in a tower...

cneidhart
04-15-2005, 05:34 PM
Hi, My 22ZX has an eyelet in the center just outside the swim platform. I bought the boat used, they could have put it in. You can get these at West Marine or most any boat supply store. They are real easy to install. On the 22zx, the rings for trailer tie downs are to low.

Good Luck

Trueser
04-15-2005, 06:39 PM
CAn you post some pictures?

Mudball
04-15-2005, 06:59 PM
You mean to tell me that your 22zx can plane at less than 30mph??

Mine sure can't!!

I had to buy my wife and kids their own boat to ski and wakeboard behind!!
Kent

cneidhart
04-16-2005, 10:01 AM
I agree, that's the way our 22ZX worked until we got some new trim tab plates from http://www.martiniboat.com/productsTabs.htm

We just replaced the stock plates with these. It allows us to plane or just get the nose down enough to play at lower speeds.

Real good investment and low cost!

Scubado
04-21-2005, 09:31 AM
I have a 2000 22 ZX. I had the same problem. I'm an avid skier and the 22ZX was not designed for a ski tow eye (that's what Doniz told me just after I'd bought the boat anyway). The swim platform is very thin. If you mount a ski tow eye there (red arrow) you should reinforce it somehow or risk breaks and cracks. I've seen some mount the ski tow eye above the swim platform and below the engine hatch. I suspect that's were cneidhart has his mounted. Again the fiberglass is quite thin there as well.

I use the transom tie down eyes and a floating yoke type rope (blue arrows). It's really too low but works fine for what I do. It also kept me from bringing out the hole saw and trying to mount some type of back plate in very tight quarters.

I have a 21 Pitch four blade prop that I use for skiing. It had to be cupped but it is ideal for skiing with that boat. Lots of torque and a top speed of about 55 @ 5000 rpms. The 24 pitch Bravo prop is a bit slow pulling out a 200 lb skier. But it's not too bad if the boat driver uses the tabs.

DJ13
05-29-2005, 05:46 PM
My 1999 22ZX came with a tow ring installed.

rag top man
05-30-2005, 10:31 PM
So does the 22ZX do well as a wakeboard boat??? i know one boat cant do everything, but thought the 22 zx would work well with skis, wakeboards and tow toys. Yes ?

DJ13
05-31-2005, 10:23 AM
I haven't tried it yet but will be in the next couple weeks. You only want to go about 18mph for wake boarding and these boats really aren't made to go that slow, so we'll see. I would imagine they'll do better with tubing. The wake probably isn't that great for slalom skiing compared to a boat built for it. No matter, anything on the water is more fun than watching from shore!