PDA

View Full Version : So what am I up to!

MOP
04-14-2005, 09:41 PM
Since I go the boat home I have managed to wipe a fair bit of the laundry clean, but had to do a back step today. As a few of you know I had the boat at RT's one of our members in Babylon, 40 mile hike each way. Got some major stuff done in his barn, but ran out of time for him to get onto a few projects that he need to do. So we dumped the motor in and off I went, since back at my place had it to the point of start up just short of external wiring and fuel hookup.
But still had a few things to glass in the bilge, so today I popped the motor back out at a Buds shop so I had the room and to keep my mouse motor safe from grinding dust. Obviously my Bud had to manage his day and I had to work around it, made for some interesting things.
I got the motor ready to lift out but ended up going along to watch him sea trial one of his gorgeous master pieces, he restores and builds replica Chris Crafts for people from all over.
The boat he was testing today was a Chris replica being shipped to Guatemala, well at the same ramp the owner of Hustler shows up with a super looking boat being setup for its new owner, he was a bit disappointed that it only did 84 on the earlier run. To me 84 with stock waranteed 496 HO's sounds good.
He had been down earlier with IMCO 1.36 drive and 4 blade cleavers, he was back with 1.5's and 5 blade cleavers 2" larger in diameter to get 1 more inch deeper shooting for 90. Not sure what drives but they looked like Road Trips but 1/3 larger.
I got to talk Blackhawk drives with him, at one time he had a bunch. He loved the speeds they were capable of but the uppers kept blowing hence the switch to IMCO's slower but more dependable. I mentioned reading about reading about a Blackhawk mated to a Bmax with a big block with twin turbos, would love to find the article ans pass it on to him.
Anyway back to the shop two beers and the motor was out, blocked and wrapped, so tomorrow I play with wood figuring out another transverse/stub bulkhead the stub is to mount the heat exchanger, remote just ahead of the motor and just high enough for the exchanger to be the high point in the system. Gee if I had a lake to play in I would be running!!!

Phil

penbroke
04-14-2005, 10:39 PM
I have been wondering how it was going... Sounds like your'e getting it done. It can seem like it takes forever while your'e in it but then when it's done it's all worthwhile. :biggrin:

Frank
BTW: You can still walk on parts of my lake. :yes:

JimG205
04-15-2005, 07:20 AM
Hey Phil-Was your woodie man Vintage Marine?????

MOP
04-15-2005, 09:20 AM
Hey Phil-Was your woodie man Vintage Marine?????

Yes it was Tommy, his work is so good it is scary. As you know there are few that come up to his standards, he really amazes me with where some of the boats come from. That one going to Guatamala and one in his shop from Austrailia, plus he gets them from all over the US, he has to be one of the tops in the country.

Phil