PDA

View Full Version : 1963 18ft Century Sabre

JimG205
04-14-2005, 08:23 AM
A classic woodie all there-hardware,chrome,gauges,running gear,minus engine and transmission-great restoration project,been in storage-no trailer$2500.

Craig S
04-14-2005, 08:58 AM
A classic woodie all there-hardware,chrome,gauges,running gear,minus engine and transmission-great restoration project,been in storage-no trailer$2500.

Gullwing top????

JimG205
04-14-2005, 11:06 AM
No Top Craig.

Craig S
04-14-2005, 12:53 PM
No Top Craig.

You saved me from myself. I am a real Century whore. Richard Arbib is King!:convertib

RickSE
04-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Ditto on the Century's being cool. This is my dad's fully restored Black Raven.

Cool boat. Good luck on the sale.

Genuine Risk
04-14-2005, 06:48 PM
You saved me from myself. I am a real Century whore. Richard Arbib is King!:convertib
Craig,
I'm putting new covering boards on a '61 17' Resorter this weekend. Number 2 son is sanding topsides as we speak. Keel up resto of our first boat. Had a '57 Arabian for a while with a CCC Crusader in it. Beautiful boat, wish I hadn't sold it. I'd like to see pictures of your Arabian sometime.

Tim

Jerry Eisele
04-14-2005, 07:02 PM
JimG, Is that a Correct Craft in the woods? I've had a Torino and a Ski Lark. I love the old glass boats. :boat:

JimG205
04-14-2005, 09:24 PM
JimG, Is that a Correct Craft in the woods? I've had a Torino and a Ski Lark. I love the old glass boats. :boat:

Yes Jerry,it's a '67 Mustang with a 100HP interceptor,all original,runs like a champ,doesn't burn a drop of oil,and is a blast to drive.Regards,Jim :biggrin:

JimG205
04-24-2005, 10:27 AM
:bonk: Price lowered to $2100.OBO,This is a COMPLETE boat as far as being original with all hardware and running gear-Spread the word to the "Woodie Guy's" :wavey:

Craig S
04-25-2005, 09:20 AM
Craig,
I'd like to see pictures of your Arabian sometime.

Tim

We replaced the blue vinyl deck with African Mahogany. The deck is done, really nice. Now, we are going to do a bottom. Not perfect order, but the way it goes.

I will have my ol Resorter 16 in Lakewood Concours this weekend. She's a "50 foot" boat. I will redo her when I get the time. First the Arabian, then the Nova, then....
I will try and get some pics. How did the covering boards come out?

Genuine Risk
04-25-2005, 07:50 PM
Covering boards went on real slick. My son, Mike put the last of the plugs in Saturday. I told him after the covering boards that they were the last nerve racking thing I had to do. Then I cored the hole through the keel for the rudder. Hope it's in the right spot !! I have pictures in an album @ Kodak Gallery ( The old Ofoto). If you send along your e-mail address I'll share with you. I'm hopelessly inept at computer wizardry so I won't attempt to post here. What are you running in your Resorter, Arabian and Coronado. We have a 327CI Graymarine in the Resorter. Originally had two Carter YH side drafts but I've upgraded to a 4 barrel. I know the Arabians often had 390CI Fords but there were some with 427's and 426 wedge motors. 66-67 Arabians. My all time favorite !! Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Tim

We replaced the blue vinyl deck with African Mahogany. The deck is done, really nice. Now, we are going to do a bottom. Not perfect order, but the way it goes.

I will have my ol Resorter 16 in Lakewood Concours this weekend. She's a "50 foot" boat. I will redo her when I get the time. First the Arabian, then the Nova, then....
I will try and get some pics. How did the covering boards come out?

Craig S
04-25-2005, 08:29 PM
If you send along your e-mail address I'll share with you. I'm hopelessly inept at computer wizardry so I won't attempt to post here. What are you running in your Resorter, Arabian and Coronado. We have a 327CI Graymarine in the Resorter. Originally had two Carter YH side drafts but I've upgraded to a 4 barrel. I know the Arabians often had 390CI Fords but there were some with 427's and 426 wedge motors. 66-67 Arabians. My all time favorite !! Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Tim
That's great news! I am running the 170hp Gray Marine in the Resorter 16. I believe it is a 292 Y Block. I just this week borrowed an intake off a 312 that was given to me, and put a Holley 600 cfm. Just 5 minutes ago chopped a neat hole in the engine box. I will cover it with a chrome (naturally) scoop later. But the boat show is this weekend. It runs. Those carbs are wicked looking, but I just couldn't handle both the shipping to Sierra Boat for rebuilds and the dripping of gas over the coil. In a perfect world...but mine ain't perfect. Besides they were designed for a trans that had the engine sitting at less of an angle.

The Coronado Express (factory flybridge!) has your engine - the 327 AMC with dual Carter YHs. The seller also gave me a complete marine Hemi - but I think access to the cabin will be too restricted. Gawd, nothing looks like a Hemi - well i guess the Boss 9, but they're pretty rare.

The Arabian has the standard 285hp 390, although I have a couple 428s sitting around if I decide to. I hear it should go about 50 - thats fast enough for me. It does have a flat bottom with a broad beam. Its a '67 with dual buckets and no rear console.

The Nova - it has two supposedly Holman Moody marinizations with v-drives. 235hp 302 counter rotating Fords. The regular fair for that rig.

send me the pics....rancheroxl@yahoo.com

Thanks, Craig
:moped:

Genuine Risk
04-26-2005, 08:32 AM
Craig,
The 312 Ford is a great motor. Rated @215HP, I think. I've seen a couple 16's with that engine and they fly ! I once paired up with a little Dunphy that had a 312 in it. He literally drove in circles around me !!! Very humbling. I must see pictures of the Coronado. Never heard of such a thing. Fascinates me. Find a way to install the Hemi. You are right. The big Chryslers are stunning. 331, 345 or 392 CI ? And lastly, You need not make excuses for the 390 Ford in the Arabian and it will do 50 all day. But one of those 428's..... Oh Boy!!

Tim

That's great news! I am running the 170hp Gray Marine in the Resorter 16. I believe it is a 292 Y Block. I just this week borrowed an intake off a 312 that was given to me, and put a Holley 600 cfm. Just 5 minutes ago chopped a neat hole in the engine box. I will cover it with a chrome (naturally) scoop later. But the boat show is this weekend. It runs. Those carbs are wicked looking, but I just couldn't handle both the shipping to Sierra Boat for rebuilds and the dripping of gas over the coil. In a perfect world...but mine ain't perfect. Besides they were designed for a trans that had the engine sitting at less of an angle.

The Coronado Express (factory flybridge!) has your engine - the 327 AMC with dual Carter YHs. The seller also gave me a complete marine Hemi - but I think access to the cabin will be too restricted. Gawd, nothing looks like a Hemi - well i guess the Boss 9, but they're pretty rare.

The Arabian has the standard 285hp 390, although I have a couple 428s sitting around if I decide to. I hear it should go about 50 - thats fast enough for me. It does have a flat bottom with a broad beam. Its a '67 with dual buckets and no rear console.

The Nova - it has two supposedly Holman Moody marinizations with v-drives. 235hp 302 counter rotating Fords. The regular fair for that rig.

send me the pics....rancheroxl@yahoo.com

Thanks, Craig
:moped:

JimG205
05-09-2005, 07:36 AM
Price Drop-I'll take $1800.need $$$$$ for other projects-Hardware alone is worth more if I separate it. :boat:

rustnrot
05-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Is the front of the bow pointed or blunt? Some of the Centurys had a very pronounded blunted bow.

Craig S
05-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Is the front of the bow pointed or blunt? Some of the Centurys had a very pronounded blunted bow.

forwhatitsworth, the "carrier deck" is the Resorter 19. Not my flavor, but ...unique. Craig

http://www.centuryboatclub.com/decade/60s/utilities/60Res19.jpg

JimG205
06-29-2005, 10:20 AM
The Century is back on the market after a deal gone south.Price is firm at
$ 1800.00.This is a Woodie Guy's dream-all chrome,wood and interior. :eek: :boat: :wavey: