PDA

View Full Version : Oil change in Volve 270

JACK ANDERSON
04-13-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm changing the oil in my volve 270, I need to know what type of oil to replace with and best way to put it back in...thanks

MOP
04-13-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm changing the oil in my volve 270, I need to know what type of oil to replace with and best way to put it back in...thanks

No real tricks the drive needs to be in the down position, pull the bottom drain screw and then the top takes few minutes to fully drain. It must be refilled from the bottom drain hole this pushes the air up and out eliminating any air pockets. If fill fairly quick if you have the screw in adapter, if you can't get your hands on an adaptor it can still be filled but takes a longer time. Get about 3 feet of tubing plastic thin wall works well, it must be a tiny bit larger than the threads in the drain hole. It must be screwed into the hole, it may leak a tiny bit. Put a small funnel at the other end and fill, this is the hard way but will get you through. Oil is a matter of preference, some of the fellows are using Amsoil, Redline, Merc high perf and then some just stick with what worked for 30+ years motor oil. I would opt for one of the better oils, some come in squeze tubes that make it a lot easier just a little extra mess.l