PDA

View Full Version : Donzi is good food

blueliner
04-12-2005, 01:17 PM
hmm, hmm, good...

Lenny
04-12-2005, 01:50 PM
Ahhh, :) , pics from Ricks' garage. :yes: We need more please ;) Many more.

What a GREAT first boat. Be sure to listen close when he instructs you about running it. See you in the Strait this summer. :yes:

Waaaayyy cool

blueliner
04-12-2005, 02:19 PM
a little at a time. no drooling please!!!!!!!!!!
Ahhh, :) , pics from Ricks' garage. :yes: We need more please ;) Many more.

What a GREAT first boat. Be sure to listen close when he instructs you about running it. See you in the Strait this summer. :yes:

Waaaayyy cool

Mr X
04-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Wow, looks like a 22 Classic (kinda like an SE.......but not) With a 496HO. :idea:

boxy
04-12-2005, 05:11 PM
Wow, looks like a 22 Classic (kinda like an SE.......but not) With a 496HO. :idea:
maybe an AE ..... :D

Lenny
04-12-2005, 05:27 PM
DEFINATELY a 2005 all blue Aronow Edition with a 496 MAG HO. :yes:

:)

EricG
04-12-2005, 07:27 PM
You mean that beautiful rear-end is going to be only a few quick hours away to the north? I can't wait to see it....bring it to Chelan - PLEASE :biggrin:

EG

Mr X
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
DEFINATELY a 2005 all blue Aronow Edition with a 496 MAG HO. :yes:

:)
Lenny,
you SURE about the Aronow Edition........I was told it looked like an Aronow Edition....but was not.

Dr. Dan
04-12-2005, 10:37 PM
:smash: I vote for a Dark Blue 40th Anniversary Edition with the 496 HO.

Just a guess?

Doc :spongebob

blueliner
04-12-2005, 11:23 PM
just to keep you guessing...

Lenny
04-12-2005, 11:42 PM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... :)

Dr. Dan
04-13-2005, 01:20 AM
:banghead: OK...It has the Vents next to the Engine Hatch....and the AE Boat in Sota last Fall also...had that...so I vote Aronow Edition - Dark Blue, with an optional 40th Style Stripe?

Just not sure if its a 22 or an 18..., not 100 % sure anyway...

Doc of Bewilderment... :wavey:

ChromeGorilla
04-13-2005, 06:58 AM
It's and AE. Vents, latches, and back seat give it away..... Also in the pics in Ricks garage you can see the fairing is lower than Ricks windshield on his 22.

boldts
04-13-2005, 09:27 AM
All I know is that that is a lot of blue and I LOVE blue! Love the dual white stripes alah Ford Mustang or Chevy Camaro SCCA cars. May we have another morsal that includes the whole plate? :hyper:

olredalert
04-13-2005, 10:09 AM
-------Continuation of stripes on the transom is pretty cool. As well, the all navy gellcoat on hull and deck is very old school cool. I hope this is a sign of DONZI being willing to do customer requests again as that was a big part of the Aronow-Chisholm marketing scheme. When I think of all the really different boats that were built over the span of the early years it is endlessly interesting. You just never know what you will turn up when on the hunt for a DONZI.
-------I agree, we need more pics............Bill S

RickSE
04-13-2005, 11:41 AM
As Dr. Dan observed there are clues all over this boat.

Donzi does seem more willing to do customs. They did however turn down at least one request on this boat.

Blueliner, sorry you have to wait for the boat. If it helps the boat has some good company right now. My garage now smells like VP110 race fuel and the Camaro is ready to go spin it's new slicks this weekend.

I like the new X drive seems really tough.

ChromeGorilla
04-13-2005, 02:47 PM
Would that be the 525..... :rolleyes:

blueliner
04-14-2005, 02:29 AM
by popular demand, here are some photos of the latest addition to the donzi family. thanks rick for providing the pics. can't wait to see her in person. thnaks for those of you who connected the shelby mustang and my boat. i did model her after the 65 shelby. jerry at donzi actually worked at ford when the shelby mustang was designed, so he knew exactly what i was looking for. he and the donzi team exceeded my expectations with how well this boat turned out. i am one expectant dad. rick, get up here asap. hope to see you all out on the water.

Dr. Dan
04-14-2005, 06:59 AM
So what is the real overall Details...is it an Aronow Edition with a Splash of Shelby influence? Great concept....looks awesome....keep that deck buffed and covered...I would guess it may be like a Red Hull to maintain...but man it looks cool as hell! :biggrin.:

Nice Work, More Photos.... :rolleyes:

I think it woulda been cool to carry the Stripe theme into the Seats, and combing panels...maybe with and embroidered Shelby or Aronow Signature.
Not Candy Stripe, but a Center Double Stripe like the Deck.

I really like it, the more I look at the photos. :banghead:

Doc :smash:

ChromeGorilla
04-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Awesome ride!!!!!!!!! One thing though.....man are those seats gonna be HOT!!!!!

EricG
04-14-2005, 07:24 AM
Awesome ride!!!!!!!!! One thing though.....man are those seats gonna be HOT!!!!!

Just remember chrome - he'll be boating up here in the Great Northwest - I'm sure he can deal with the seats on both sunny days we have up here :biggrin.: :biggrin.: The rest of the time, maybe they'll help keep him warm... :rlol:

Congrats on an INCREADIBLE looking classic. I can't wait to see it in person!

-EG

Lenny
04-14-2005, 08:44 AM
I love the seats. :yes: Chrome, as Eric says, we have 45 degree water in the summer and days rarely surpass 90-ish degrees. But on the water with the wind in your hair it is never really too warm. I don't think you will ever see too many bikinis on gals sitting in 18's with no windshields and the boats actually moving. The air is COOL on the ocean water here. :eek:

This boat reminds me a lot of Poodles Critter. Very similar blues and dark seats etc.

Since you already posted those pics Steve, I hope you don't mind me posting this one :) I think it really shows off the inside.

Awesome ride http://www.donzi.net/ubb/graemlins/cistinebiggrinA.gifhttp://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/odie.gif

...you realize you now have to save for an AC Cobra or Gt 350 don't you :D

blueliner
04-14-2005, 11:16 AM
thanks everyone for the kudos. lenny, i would love to get a gt 350 one day. love that car. w/ regards to the interior. donzi would not do a split color seat in the aronow edition. i initially wanted an interior similar to the anniversary edition, w/ the white stripe continuing on the rear bench seat, but donzi said no. this was an aronow edition and they were only willing to do certain things. either way, love the interior. again, i am really pleased w/ the way it has turned out.

RickSE
04-14-2005, 11:48 AM
Sorry about all the clutter in the garage, it's a working garage. Of course you guys probably don't even see it with that big blue boat in the middle.

Before I leave I want to get a nice picture with the boat next to our 65 Cutlass Convertible. It's been a 3+ year restoration, almost finished. It's almost an exact color match, Royal Blue ext. with a white top, sorry no stripes on the car.

Blue, I'm heading to Phoenix Friday for my race, back on Sunday. At home on Monday with my daughter, work on Tues & Wed. Fill all five :eek: gas tanks on the truck, pack everything up and I'm coming your way.

The H.I.N. seems to suggests that this is the 5th 22-Aronow built.

blueliner
04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
a few more...

EricG
04-14-2005, 02:03 PM
Rick, if if you are heading through the Seattle Area and have a chance for a quick stop, feel free to let me know - I'll be happy to buy a meal for a Donzi guy who's passing through...

EG

blueliner
04-16-2005, 12:02 PM
thriller,

rick, and i think marty, will both be up here next weekend to deliver the boat. they are going to show me the ropes. give me a call if you are in town. i know i don't live far from you. if not, i will be looking for you out by rec's beach.

Mr X
04-16-2005, 03:21 PM
Damn NICE!!!
Definatley an Aronow Edition!!

boldts
04-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Ya got to like the fact that Donzi knows most owners are going to try and stuff more HP under the hatch. Instead of making the owner come up with additional height for the blower, they just added a scoupe from the factory. When does that warantee run out? :D :eek: :D

Interesting they wouldn't let you change the interior. maybe it's just me, but I'd have liked a little white in that thar interior. Still, pretty cool and you won't see anything like it on the lake every day of the week. I like different!

Beautiful Aronow edition! Hope to see it in person some day.

blueliner
04-16-2005, 04:46 PM
i know i asked for white on the back seat to continue the stripe. their respopnse was that the aronow edition is a monochromatic boat. i think thay wanted to have it look considrably different from the anniversary editions. don't know why they let me do the shelby rally sripe then?? anyway, still like the way it looks. who knows maybe the white stripe on the back seat would have taken away from the white picking up on the air scoop??hope to meet you in person some day as well.

BUIZILLA
04-16-2005, 06:50 PM
There is one thing for sure...

You will NEVER see another one like it. I mean that in every good essence of the word *CLASS*

JH

Cuda
04-16-2005, 07:03 PM
I'm dead serious, this is my alltime favorite Donzi! Great job! I like the single color interior. It's bad ass!

thriller
04-16-2005, 11:23 PM
Wreck Beach is one of my all time favourite spots;)

If it isn't raining I should be in the vicinity..Maybe with Lenny as my co pilot :beer:

cell 604-808-2798
Mike
ps What a sweet looking ride brother..:boat:

blueliner
04-17-2005, 06:16 PM
Thanks guys for the kind words. I was beginning to think noone liked my boat. I was questioning whether I adopted an ugly child or something. Glad to know a few of you think it looks as slick as i do. see you out there

Lenny
04-18-2005, 09:51 AM
Steve, are you going out on Sunday as well? I have to do some "work" here on Saturday but am thiking about flying over on Floats to the Fraser and meeting up with Mike M and see your new ride and meet the Strones. ?

If it is a Saturday only thing then I'll meet up with you in some of our summer fun run stuff. Rick, you and your pop interested in crossing the Strait (on the ferry) and seeing Victoria? It is 18 miles away (of water) ?

Take care.

blueliner
04-18-2005, 08:40 PM
don't know at this point. haven't spoken to rick about his schedule. i think marty is comiong up w/ his wife as well. we will have to grab a meal. they have been extremely kind and i am looking forward 2 meeting all of them. i hope they can stay sunday as well and show me the ropes. 5 days and counting... i can't believe the first donzi i ever saw (18' classic. i was 21 in chesapeake bay,) is now going to be a reality for me (even though i'm getting a 22' classic)

Lenny
04-18-2005, 11:36 PM
soooo cool... :)

RickSE
04-19-2005, 01:15 PM
I'm back from my race. Awesome weekend, car ran great on a very hot 95deg. Arizona day.

Anyway, my current plan is to leave Thursday morning and be north of Seattle by Friday night or Saturday morning. Meet Blueliner midday Saturday and see what we can get done. I'll probably have to head home late Sunday or early Monday, depending on what all we can accomplish during the day on Sunday.

Lenny, I was hoping to meet you while I'm up there. Guess it just depends on how all this pans out.

Eugene Nahemow
04-19-2005, 01:37 PM
Beautiful, beautiful boat.
Enjoy it! :beer:

thriller
04-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Great.....Then Sunday it is...I will be able to launch at Iona Beach after an oil and gear lube and prop change...Look forward to a little side by side movie slide..

Let the Games begin Yippy..Can't wait to meet everyone..Lenny..You can crash at my place Sat night...Swill a couple at night then do an early pre launch de winterizing with me..Bring your digital and Lifeline..:wink:

(The other)
Mike Miller

ps Caution.... don't cross my wake..You might get wet:rlol:

BluWolf
04-20-2005, 06:04 PM
That is one awesome ROCKET, up here in the North I would probably run out of lake before I calmed down enough to gain control :dolphin: .
But it sure would be awesome to pilot that ROCKET around islands up here.
She's a beauty TAKE CARE OF HER.
The colour is a dream come true! ! :checkered Watch out for the deadheads :smash: floating around - Be Safe on the Water

CAtch You Later,
Blueliner

:ribbon: