PDA

View Full Version : Hey,There's a Donzi gathering in my garage.

RickSE
04-11-2005, 12:17 PM
:wink:

Audiofn
04-11-2005, 12:46 PM
:wink:

You say that like it is a bad thing. Or is the wife making it a bad thing :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

Lenny
04-11-2005, 01:26 PM
Man, would I ever like to see that one on the right with the cover off. Awefully new looking. Trailer as well ;)

txtaz
04-11-2005, 02:39 PM
Rick, I think I'm getting garage envy. Either that or my garage is getting Donzi envy. Can't figure which.
Nice, now pull the covers off and take some more pics. :hyper: :hyper:
Wes

Chili 18
04-11-2005, 05:25 PM
Nice garage fillers.... :wavey:

Where are your favorite donzi lakes in AZ? Im contemplating a move to the Sedona area in the next year and am doing my homework... I was thinking Lk Pleasant. Havasu is perhaps best?? But a bit of a drive for a day, no?

I love the contrast... Boating in the desert...

Good luck with the new addition!

Barry

farmer tx
04-11-2005, 11:10 PM
Rick, This looks like the year that Powell should be on my itinerary.The rumor has it when the west slope of the Rocky's melts it's should come up 60+ ft.

Mark

RickSE
04-12-2005, 11:58 AM
Lenny,
You know the one on the left is no slouch. I'll let Blueliner debut his own boat. I just wanted to have a little fun. I sent Blue a bunch of photos so we'll have to wait and see if he puts something up.

Chili 18,
My favorite lake in AZ is Powell. Lots and lots of water (even with it being 144' down), minimal overcrowding, great scenery and crystal clear warm water in the summer. Best of all a Donzi can really stretch it's legs at Powell and there is all kinds of water from the nasty rough to glass calm.

From Sedona you'll have,
Powell 3700' elev. @ full pool, 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive.
Havasu 400', probably 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
Mead 1300', 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
Mohave 650', 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
Pleasant 1700', 2 hours.
But then there's also Roosevelt, Apache, Canyon and Saguaro East of Phoenix, which are all nice lakes.
They're all a little bit of a drive here in Northern AZ but there's lots of options. Let me know if you need any more info. I moved here after spending a few years in Niles, MI and love Northern AZ.

farmer tx,
Yes, the last official number I heard from the Bureau of Reclamation was up 50' this season. It's a start, but still a ways to go with it being down so far. This should be a good year with lots of clean beaches since the water will be coming up. Our first trip up is in mid May.

Let me know if any of you guys are out this way. firstvee@yahoo.com

Arizona Lakes & Levels (http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml)

Chili 18
04-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Lenny,
Chili 18,
My favorite lake in AZ is Powell. Lots and lots of water (even with it being 144' down), minimal overcrowding, great scenery and crystal clear warm water in the summer. Best of all a Donzi can really stretch it's legs at Powell and there is all kinds of water from the nasty rough to glass calm.

From Sedona you'll have,
Powell 3700' elev. @ full pool, 2-1/2 to 3 hour drive.
Havasu 400', probably 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
Mead 1300', 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
Mohave 650', 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
Pleasant 1700', 2 hours.
But then there's also Roosevelt, Apache, Canyon and Saguaro East of Phoenix, which are all nice lakes.
They're all a little bit of a drive here in Northern AZ but there's lots of options. Let me know if you need any more info. I moved here after spending a few years in Niles, MI and love Northern AZ. Arizona Lakes & Levels (http://www.gf.state.az.us/h_f/edits/lake_levels.shtml)

Thanks much Rick!! It may be a while, but ill get west eventually. Niles is just down the road from me here in New Buffalo. Ill have at least this summer on Lk M.. Next year, we shall see.....

Thanks again, Barry