PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water cooling 1/2 or full?

MOP
04-11-2005, 09:20 AM
I am torn between going with a 1/2 or full system! I am running Gill headers which are powder coated in and out, I put about 75 hours on them last year. I just pulled all the fittings and the little I can see of the insides appear like new, the tail ends of the risers also aluminum have the coating blasted off but the metal shows -0- corrosion. Gill say they will last 10-12 years with good flushing, With iron I would go full, is it worth the extra plumbing with the Gils to go full?

MOP

gcarter
04-11-2005, 01:47 PM
There's only one answer....Go Full!!!! :lightning

txtaz
04-11-2005, 02:45 PM
Phil, I agree with George. But what do I know, I don't have a fresh water system, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :rlol: :rlol:
Wes

tmdog
04-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Here is my take on a full or half system. If you boat salt, go full. If you boat fresh go half. Remember the half system cools better because it is less taxed by not cooling the hot manifold. I hope this makes sense to you and helps in some way.

MOP
04-11-2005, 08:26 PM
Our world traveler and water mechant has me 96+% convinced to go full, So I guess I at least have to try it. I was thinking about the extra margin 1/2 gives you and that they had no signs of any corrosion after about 75 hours, like George says it is only two extra hoses. So if I do have any issues I can switch it to 1/2.

Phil

Bad-Tat
04-12-2005, 08:22 PM
Full the only way to go!!