PDA

View Full Version : Procharger/ carb - Question.

Chili 18
04-10-2005, 02:53 AM
Im currently making the hoodscoop to cover the carb and risers poking thru my hood..... So long as Im at it, may as well make enough clearance for upgrades. Does a Procharger pressurize the whole carb, or somehow just force feed it from where the spark arrestor sits? Real question is how much additional clearance above and around the carb is required for the procharger / carb set up. Id really rather only modify the hood once.... Thanks for the info... :-)

Rodger
04-10-2005, 08:32 PM
A friend of mine has a Procharger/carb setup. His system pressurizes the entire carb which is enclosed in an aluminum box. Sorry I don't know any dimensions but I think there are others here that may be able to help.

gcarter
04-10-2005, 08:45 PM
Big Griz has a similar set up. Not sure who made the pressure box.

Chili 18
04-10-2005, 10:26 PM
Thanks guys. :boat:

I wonder... Ive always heard that Procharger was the 'way to go'. But Im curious if with a carb set-up, If a screw type supercharger like magnacharger... Wouldnt be a better route. There's a hole in the hood anyway, so clearence isnt the biggest issue really. I remember some stories about pressurizing carbs and the possible pitfalls. I suppose if i made room for the carb on blower method, Id be covered in both cases most likely. At any rate, its a moot point as its just planning ahead for now. Boat would require upgrades well beyond charger itself and probably wont happen for a few years. But .... always good to be prepared... :beer: