PDA

View Full Version : 22zx pictures please

South Island
04-09-2005, 11:03 PM
I bought a 1999 22zx and I am trying to clean up the engine room. If anyone has pictures of their engine in the boat I would really like to see them. Battery location, engine hatch lift etc.

Has anyone had problems with the engine hatch hinges? My hatch hinges are very wobbly. I am thinking of removing the sun pad and looking in to see how they are attached. Any help would be appreciated on the hinges.

I had fresh water cooling installed and the hatch lift won't fit past the heat exchanger, has anyone else run into this problem and if so what did you do to fix it?

I am also looking for stereo speaker locations if anyone has upgraded the stereo.

You know what any 22zx pictures would help. Brad@pedenrv.com

Thanks Brad
:canada:

ChromeGorilla
04-09-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi Brad, just a quick question. I see you added a heat exchanger and went with a closed cooling system. Was the boat ever run in salt water before you added the closed cooling? Or was it fresh water only. The reason I ask is that if it has run in salt water then switched to closed cooling the coolant as it circulates, will leach out the salt that is in the block and cause corrosion because it will continualy recirculate. From what I have read it is not advised to switch to closed cooling after slat use. If it was only fresh water than the switch is ok. Anyone else read this before? i'm pretty sure thats what I have seen but of course I may be mistaken...

Richard McCoy
04-10-2005, 02:31 AM
Just bolts and lock nuts under the sun pad. Need to move ram to side of engine should use two rams so that the cover will not be uneven. One on each side. You need to move the ram when you add a procharger also so that the intercooler will fit. To add a cooling system now if the engine has been in salt water is a little late. Speakers, been there done that. Watch that you use the same inside Dia. speakers that were installed from the factory. To cut a larger hole and have a clean hole takes a lot of time and planning. The factory does not have parts, you need to know were to find them. We can help you with locating some parts.

Mudball
04-11-2005, 06:33 PM
Hi Brad:

I'll go ahead and post those pictures here, too. It was good talking to you on the phone! And thanks for the heads up on dual battery placement!

One is from a bit of a distance. You can see the top of the lift.
Another is from the mirror.

I am sorry for the dirty bilge and the poor quality of these. I have since cleaned up the bilge!

I can take more, if you need them.
Oh, and mine's a 1999 just like yours!
Kent