PDA

View Full Version : Getting things done had a great day!

MOP
04-09-2005, 05:08 PM
The Blue Beast is starting to shape up, well at least in the motor hole. Have been able to get back to working on it since Michael got out of the hospital. Had to install an engine driven sea pump, was worried about pulleys/belt stuff. It all came together after getting all the goodies mounted with the stock Tempest setup I just eliminated one alternator belt and used it for the pump and all lined up perfect. While doing that stuff I transferred most of the forward tanks fuel into the new tank, still some up there as it was full when put away. Managed to get the hoses on but did not install wiring, fill and vent yet. Finished painting a few things and cleaned up headers gasket surfaces, I decided since the risers are a dry joint and have big flanges I am going to try "High Temp" silicone will have to see how that works out. Hooked up a battery and installed an oil gauge at the block, pulled the plugs and shot WD40 in it and cranked over was surprised to see 60psi while cranking. Also managed to get the bilge pump all set up, nailed in place and new hose! Not a bad day at all!

MOP

rustnrot
04-09-2005, 05:13 PM
I love that sound of Work Getting Done!!!!!!!!1