PDA

View Full Version : Trim Pump Question

Surfer
04-05-2005, 07:55 AM
My trim pump switch got stuck in the up position, and ran for about fifteen minuets before I noticed, now it takes several punches of the button to get the drive to move. I can hear the solenoid click in, so the switch isn't bad. Whats the verdic, solenoid points carboned up or brushes burnt?

gcarter
04-05-2005, 10:23 AM
My trim pump switch got stuck in the up position, and ran for about fifteen minuets before I noticed, now it takes several punches of the button to get the drive to move. I can hear the solenoid click in, so the switch isn't bad. Whats the verdic, solenoid points carboned up or brushes burnt?

When re-assembling my boat, I used a good used pump. It only worked for one or two times before I had to dis-assemble the solenoid assembly and clean everything. Corrosion builds up on the components and doesn't conduct. :idea:

txtaz
04-05-2005, 11:05 AM
What George said, plus if the pump is old, may as well rebuild it while you're at it. Also look at the switch, those contacts may be pitted as well.
Wes

Surfer
04-05-2005, 04:24 PM
Volvo 280T...I should have mentioned, brand new pump hoses and rams...down works great...up after punching the button 8 nine times...solenoid or brushes?

gcarter
04-06-2005, 12:41 AM
I also voted for Perot however :confused::wrench::confused:

Did you really??????????? :wink: