PDA

View Full Version : The drugs ain't doing it!

MOP
04-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Well most of you know we put Michael back in the hospital last week, they tried several different bug cocktails to arrest the infection to no avail. 7AM tomorrow he will have the leg operated on in an attempt to clean out the infected area, he has been at this 5 weeks now.

Phil

springs
04-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Good luck Phil. He will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Trueser
04-04-2005, 10:24 PM
Phil.

I don't know if this will help or not but my MOM went thru the same thing last year. She was in the hospital for 4 months with an infection. She is still on anti biotic and she too almost lost her leg. In fact the doctor told me that there is no way that her leg will survive. Today she walks with both legs.

Anyway If you any questions you can call me.

WE will pray for you and your family.

The Truesdale's

MrsDigger
04-04-2005, 11:03 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you and Michael, and I know that you will have the strength you need to help see him through this.

MOP
04-05-2005, 06:02 AM
Thanks! It is some tough watching him go through this, half the time he is lost in space on morphine. The fear in his eyes and voice is scary, he is a fighter though he had me go and buy a lap top/printer yesterday so he could try to keep up with his business. The hospital has given up trying to chase the way to many people out of his room, between family, friends and the guys that work for him keep the place buzzing. It helps that some of the staff are friends of ours or kids that went to school with him, hopefully some good news soon.

Phil

CHACHI
04-05-2005, 06:31 AM
Phil, I just read your post. I'm sorry to hear that the infection is still present. Our prayers are with both you and Bonnie.

Surfer
04-05-2005, 07:58 AM
Phil, so sorry, five weeks is a long time...my thoughts are with you and your family.

onesubdrvr
04-05-2005, 04:06 PM
Thanks! It is some tough watching him go through this, half the time he is lost in space on morphine. The fear in his eyes and voice is scary, he is a fighter though he had me go and buy a lap top/printer yesterday so he could try to keep up with his business. The hospital has given up trying to chase the way to many people out of his room, between family, friends and the guys that work for him keep the place buzzing. It helps that some of the staff are friends of ours or kids that went to school with him, hopefully some good news soon.

Phil

Phil,

I am very sorry to hear of this "relaps" if you will. It is good to see him fighting, and it'll help with everyone there, and him trying to keep up with his business to keep his mind off of it as much as he can.

The world is a strange place,......We'll continue keeping him and you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Wayne, Cari, Heather, Rebecca, Sydney and Riley

Patti
04-05-2005, 06:27 PM
He'll be in my prayers, Phil..hope he is better soon :)

Patti & Jamie

boldts
04-05-2005, 09:37 PM
Phil,

I'll keep you, Michael and all your family in my prayers. You have a very big family here pulling for Michael. It was so good to read that he had improved and was released from the hospital last time you told all of us about Michael's case. We're all anxious to read a good report again from you. Together, anything is possible!

MOP
04-05-2005, 09:58 PM
The doctor said all went well, he removed a pretty good sized mass of decayed flesh from inside the knee. He said it was from what he could tell caused by venom, that is the only thing he has seen that will look like the way it did. The kid is on push buttom meds that he gives himself as needed, he is hurting. Hoping it is finally on the wain, doc says he will be home in a few days but must take it easy for about 6 weeks.

Phil

Team Jefe
04-06-2005, 06:38 AM
The pain is horrible, as much for you as Micheal I know.....but this is great news.....looks like our prayers and thoughts are doing some good. Keep the faith my brother, this will all be behind you before you know it.

catch 22
04-06-2005, 06:26 PM
Phil, We are praying for you and your family. We hope Michael will make a speedy recovery. Jim

MOP
04-08-2005, 07:57 PM
Well the news is much better, he has had his best day since getting bitten. Says the pain is some much easier then before, he is on the mend. He will have a fairly good sized depression by his knee that will nver fill in but that is a small price.

Thanks to everyone the prayers and feelings put forth I know helped!

Thanks from Bonnie & Phil

boxy
04-08-2005, 08:06 PM
That's great news Phil, I'm glad he is starting to heal up.

onesubdrvr
04-08-2005, 08:19 PM
:) great news!!

gcarter
04-09-2005, 12:01 AM
Phil, this is really good news.