PDA

View Full Version : Blues Clubs

KRAVEN
04-03-2005, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know of any Blues Clubs in the St.Pete/ Clearwater area.We will be down at the beginning of May. :smile: Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Magicallbill
04-04-2005, 12:41 AM
Kraven,
This is not an answer to your post,I don't know of any Blues Joints in St. Pete....
I wish I had known you were a blues guy a couple years ago. I played drums for Dr. Duke Tumatoe&The Power Trio for 2 years,(01&02)
We played Memphis Smoke in Royal Oak occasionally,and we headlined Buddy Guy's Legends in Chicago two or three times a year. Great band..I'm not a real blues fan,but the musical experience was great,and the comaraderie between the audience and the performers in those smoky bars was really something. I think Duke got tired of me talking about Donzis on the road though!
Sorry about going on a tangent that has nothing to do with what you asked. I would think there would be something online that would lead to some entertainment info in that area. Heck, there's all kinds of music there,Salsa,reggae,rock;maybe contacting the Chamber Of Commerce could lead you to some blues venues.
One of these days, we'll make it to St. Clair,and maybe we can get a picture of our Scorpions together. I heard the 3rd one went to Canada,or something..
Enjoy your Fla trip;I would think the cold snaps are over,
Magical Bill

Donzigo
04-04-2005, 08:42 AM
My guess is that Tampa's Ybor City nightclubs might offer you something in the way of blues. (Try looking at www.TBO.com) Fishboy & Nate might have an opinion.

KRAVEN
04-04-2005, 08:41 PM
Thanks for the info,I receintly started playing again and would be intrested in a jam night in St.Pete area.I have been playing with Benny Reeves and the Groove Company.We bought a mobil home off 1st street and72 ave.and thought I would bring my horn down in May.Our renters will be out April 30th. and we plan to get it ready for next hurricane season. :eek:

Forrest
04-05-2005, 11:41 AM
I remember in the olden days of the late '80s when I lived in the apartments behind the Bennigan's at 4th and Gandy there used to be a couple of Jazz clubs downtown in the area that is now known as Janis Landing . . . but I'm sure it's all different around there now.

Where is Nate when you need him. He would probabaly know.