PDA

View Full Version : Gelcoat Festival - Viper Update #11

harbormaster
04-02-2005, 08:28 PM
Today I removed everything out of the engine compartment and cleaned glue from all surfaces of the cabin with a scraper and acetone.

I also prepared to mount the new hydraulic steering assembly in the dash.

Tomorrow the entire cabin and engine compartment will be gelcoated. I will brush on a thick first coat and then roll on a thinner 2nd coat. I am coating the floor, setees and walls. I am toying with the idea of also gelcoating the ceiling of the cabin instead uf gluing up the standard headliner felt.

I was inspecting the construction of the boat while empty. The upper deck is completely glassed to the hull. the only way to remove the deck from this baby is with a sawzall.

I am going to bed early. I am really beat!!

harbormaster
04-03-2005, 09:08 PM
The gelcoating of the entire cabin and engine compartment came out awesome. I am going to put two more coats in both places for good measure.

You know a boat has had a bad incident in its life when you clean sea shells out of the engine compartment.

The engine compartment looks like one out of a new boat.

The cabin looks huge. I will put a headliner in.

ChromeGorilla
04-03-2005, 09:11 PM
Sounds awesome Scot. I can't wait to see this thing when your done.

MOP
04-03-2005, 10:07 PM
Sounds like excellent progress good to hear it, you will love using Windex to clean the all gel no wussy fur interior shoot a pic for us, I have been rained out lately.

harbormaster
04-13-2005, 02:30 PM
Here are some photos