PDA

View Full Version : What a Bitch!

harbormaster
04-01-2005, 09:56 PM
I was mounting the 850 holleys on the twins.

There were two sets of holes for two different bolt patterns. The ones I needed had allen screws in them and were sealed with sillicon.

I got the first 3 out with no problem.

Of course the 4th one would not come lose after soaking with penetrating oil.
I nicknamed it the "Stripper" (of allen wrenches)

I ended up having to it drill out and then tap it out with a small tap working my way up to the normal size tap.

Did I mention that the allen screws appeared to be hardened steel?

Took a while, but was finally successful.

What a bitch!

MOP
04-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Scot if you heat it with a torch they usually come out, the silicone softens and let its grip go.

Phil

Donzigo
04-02-2005, 04:41 AM
Scot,

You have to also speak nicely when trying to get a female (all boats are female) to give up something...........(like a carbuerator screw). No man ever got anywhere by saying: "What a bitch"........makes them mad everytime. ;)

gold-n-rod
04-02-2005, 06:35 AM
Scot,

You have to also speak nicely when trying to get a female (all boats are female) to give up something...........(like a carbuerator screw). No man ever got anywhere by saying: "What a bitch"........makes them mad everytime. ;)

So true. And despite what Phil says, putting the heat to them doesn't help. It just makes 'em madder!!!! :shocking: :kaioken:

You mileage may vary.

MOP
04-02-2005, 08:30 AM
Hmm I have alway felt the hotter the better, they seem to give up a bit easier!

mattyboy
04-02-2005, 08:34 AM
trying to get a carb off, yeah heat
it up with a blow torch ????

:eek: :angryfire :rlol:
OK SPARKY

Donzigo
04-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Blow torches + gasoline...........hummmmmmmmm........not good for the hair, for sure.

MOP
04-02-2005, 09:39 AM
trying to get a carb off, yeah heat
it up with a blow torch ????

:eek: :angryfire :rlol:
OK SPARKY

Hmmm what carb???? Another cup of coffee is in order!

mattyboy
04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
I'm no wrench guy but ain't an 850 holley a carb???
I dunno I don't drink coffee but maybe I should start???

MOP
04-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Read Scots post there was no carbs on the manifolds they were sitting on the bench as they would not fit the existing, stud pattern he was removing Allens to be able to move the carb studs to those holes to accommodate the bigger carb base pattern. It is much better to heat the area rather take a chance on buggering up the aluminum manifold. Many manifolds have plugged thread bores to keep the threads clean and to give a finished look.

Phil

mattyboy
04-02-2005, 11:03 AM
well as usual you're right mop