PDA

View Full Version : can't find insurance

blueliner
04-01-2005, 12:07 PM
i cannot find anyone to insure my new aronow classic. everyone says you need to have owned a boat before or it is too fast. i find it hard to believe that my boat is uninsurable. for cryin out loud, J.Lo's ass is insured and my boat is going to look just as sweet. does anyone no of any specialty market insurance companies that will take on a boat like this. i am in vancouver, bc and am very frustrated. a 16 year old can go buy a porsche that will go 160, but a 40 year old can't buy a boat that goes 70. both first time owners, but i own my own business, haven't had a car accident that was my fault in over 15 years, and would consider my decision making a little more predicatable than a teenager. AAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

any help would be appreciated.

ChromeGorilla
04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
That sucks, at first I had trouble finding insurance with my 05' 22 w/ 496HO. I was 26 when I got the boat. I ended up with Progressive. Didn't lie about anything, told'em 425HP 70+mph. I have a alot of coverage too and my rate is very good. Hopefully you can find something up there in Canuck land......

Lenny
04-01-2005, 04:12 PM
Steve, here is a quote from another board :)

There are only a few underwriters that will write policys for boats over 65 mph in BC. Most of the agency's in B.C. use Beacon underwriting (Salmon Arm) . I did get a quote from a agent named MardonCampell in Richmond that uses Premier(Ontario) as an Underwriter and they were a few dollars less but in no way cheap.