PDA

View Full Version : Captain Hyundai

Team Jefe
04-01-2005, 08:48 AM
Well, as many of you have seen......The Masta is having a little fun at my expense....No worries, I knew when I stated doen this path...the path of using my big head instead of my little one, the path of being sensible instead on sensational....the trully evil path of being frugal...I would have to endure some ridicule. And I understand it.

Yes, JEFE....Mister F350 Big Monster Truck is now the proud owner of a Hyundai Elantra GLS (don't get to freaked out I still have the Big Dog).

With Deisel climbing above $2.20 and me making a 76 mile round trip to work everyday, and with a 2002 model truck (bought late in 2002) that has almost 80,000 miles on it. I finally sucumbed to getting a more sensible (god I hate that word) car.

I drove them ALL...Aveo, cobalt, Focus, Aerio, Forenza, Reno, (yeah I bet most of these you've never heard of), Sentra, Corolla, Spectra, xA, tC, Mazda3, Civic, Ion.....most were overpriced, underpowered, both, or just plain uncomfortable. I then found the Elantra, bigger than most, very comfortable, and a more powerful engine (if a 2.o liter, 138Hp motor can be considered powerful). AND Cheap, it was the least expensive of all of them, even the ones that had less options.....but a Hyundai. I just couldn't do it so I asked for a brochure and planned to leave. The salesman got the Brochure and blurted out a price that if other could not beat, come back and see him....no haggle, no keeping me in the showroom for hours, just see if they can beat this price big boy......and none even came close.

So I am now driving a Hyundai to work and saving the Big Dog for those long hauls to Donzi Events.

Let's Compare
Mileage: (with me driving it) F350-15, Elantra-28 (just check it this morning)
Tires: F350 - 315/70R16 @ $150 each, Elantra P195/60R14 @ $200 for 4
Oil: F350 - 15 quarts, Jiffy Lube @ $100, Elantra - 4 quarts, Jiffy lube @ $25.99
Fuel - F350- Diesel @$2.20, Elantra-Gas 87 octane @ $2.05

Plus I can actually, park in normal spots, get into the parking garages, manuver, etc.

AND the dealership made the 10yr/100,000 mile powertrain warranty a full bumper to bumper warranty.

So, Its not the coolest car in the world, but it does what I need it to do for now. Besides a hot chick in a red bikini looks good on a Donzi or a Hyundai :biggrin.:

txtaz
04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Ohhh Jefe, I feel your pain....It's realy hard to be sensible. I've tried it before and it just didn't fit. :nuke: :embarasse
Hehehehe, way to go HM. Gotta love the fun. Now let's see who can come up with Jeffe's Revenge on the back of an elantra with photo shop.
Wes