PDA

View Full Version : Boarding Ladder

Richard Rees
03-31-2005, 11:45 AM
Pictures of boarding ladder on 22 classic. 1 & 2. Slots mounted on the deck that ladder fits into. 3,4,5. ladder folded, and open. close-up on pins which fit in slots. The name of the co. is Gareuck, StPaul Park, Mn. model name is EEz-In.

glashole
03-31-2005, 02:55 PM
Is there anything like this for a sweet 16?

Would that work on the back of the boat as well?:crossfing

TBroccoli
03-31-2005, 03:57 PM
I need one. The wife needs one. The kids would love to have one. Gramps likes it tooooo. How hard was it to mount the brackets? What did you use as backing under the deck? Can you reach back there?

boldts
03-31-2005, 11:19 PM
Had this ladder on my 22 Classic. Worked great and folded up small enough to fit up under the deck. Not sure, but I believe it comes in different lengths. I think you might need a little less length for it to work on a 16 or 18 as they do not have the height of the hull that the 22 has.

Only problem you might have on mounting it on the transom is the type of exhaust exits you have and maybe the width of trim tabs if you have them. The transom also has a different angle where it meets the hull which may not give you a flat area to mount the pieces the ladder mounts into the way a side mount will.

Tim Morris
04-01-2005, 07:18 AM
$105.00... Cheaper than a divorce attorney :D :D :D :alligator

1/475th by my calculation. I don't wanna talk about it any more.

TBroccoli
05-03-2005, 03:17 PM
I want to install this ladder on my 22 classic. I like the mounting location Rich (yellow boat) used.

Rich, did you use included mounting hardware? Did you add backing support under the decking? Is there mounting access from the underside?

Thanks, Tom

Barry Phillips
05-04-2005, 08:06 PM
Hi Richard, I like the center standoff, less pressure on the hull. I do not see that particular one on Gorelick's site. Do you have a model number on it.

Thanks
Barry

deejay
05-17-2013, 02:12 PM
This side mounted boarding ladder seems to be a grate way to get into a 22C from the water. I have sent Richard an e-mail asking for his thoughts but have not received a response. Can anyone provide any insight? Also, it looks to me like the deck hardware fasteners are not through bolted. Could that be? Thanks for any thoughts,deejay

Carl C
05-17-2013, 02:24 PM
This thread is 8 years old......

TBroccoli
05-17-2013, 02:46 PM
I love the idea, just afraid to drill into the boat. I've been using the umbrella type of ladder. I just unsnap the corner of the back seat and place the umbrella handle there. It works fine.

Greg Guimond
05-17-2013, 09:15 PM
It's important to make the "solution" as involved as possible.......especially when the thread is 5 years old. Custom fit to the gunnel and transom corner.

deejay
05-18-2013, 09:19 AM
I love the idea, just afraid to drill into the boat. I've been using the umbrella type of ladder. I just unsnap the corner of the back seat and place the umbrella handle there. It works fine.

HiTom, Thanks for yourresponse. Yoursolution sounds simple and straight-forward.The problemis that I am not familiar with the “umbrellatype of ladder”Could you give a manufacture and further description please? Thanksagain,deejay

gcarter
05-18-2013, 10:06 AM
For the performance minded Classic owner, add (or use) your "REAL" trim tabs (like K-Planes, etc) as steps, also trim up your drive a little bit until the top anti-cavitation plate is sloped slightly upward to use as another step. Add a line across your aft cleats to pull on.
Lay a towel across the aft deck, to keep from sliding, and lift yourself out.

deejay
05-18-2013, 03:14 PM
For the performance minded Classic owner, add (or use) your "REAL" trim tabs (like K-Planes, etc) as steps, also trim up your drive a little bit until the top anti-cavitation plate is sloped slightly upward to use as another step. Add a line across your aft cleats to pull on.
Lay a towel across the aft deck, to keep from sliding, and lift yourself out.

Thanks George for your suggestion. I don't have K-Planes,etc and climbing the drive is not a go with my people.