PDA

View Full Version : The Texas Roundup IV

Team Jefe
03-31-2005, 09:17 AM
Guys - I've been mulling around dates for setting up the Roundup. this year there is lots going on and I want to try and pull in as many people and boats as we can. First, I think we should Officially throw open the doors and invite all power boating enthusiast. First, cause Donzi's are a little hard to find in Texas and Second, we all know lots of folks who have chosen to buy boats other than Donzis, and I think we should be more tolerate of those that are different.

The main thing is we all like to Go Fast....So I thought about changing the name to "The Texas Go Fast Roundup IV".

As far as Dates, I'd like to try and get in between other Official Donzi Events so we can maybe pull others into the mix.

Mid August looks like the best. Its a few weeks after Lake Winni and about a Month Before Digger & Darcy's Wedding in Norfolk. Anything later in September would conflict with Sarasota in early October. Aug 19-21 is the best, with Aug 12-14 being an alternate. and lets say Sept 23-25 as a fall back position. I even considered doing it on Labor Day Weekend, but I think we will fight for Hotel space as well as MANY boats on the water.

I still think PK is the best Lake even though it is a stretch for us Southern Texas folks. Its big and beautiful and and bass hollow is a great spot with wonderful dock space www.basshollow.com plus we can pull from all over Texas, OK, New Mex, and even Colorado....Don?

Give me your thoughts

txtaz
03-31-2005, 03:36 PM
We're there. Just let us know when. I think everyone should be invited to come. Perhaps it would increase the number of Donzi's in Texas in the long haul. Also I think we should have a signup list for things to bring. We want to help with the cooking and goodies.
I'll try not to get lost this year.
Wes
Jefe, there appears to something amiss with your avitar and sig

DeepSouthF33
03-31-2005, 09:35 PM
Im in for sure no matter where you go - why not Lake Travis, Ive never been there but Ive heard its a great party lake -

p.s.
I believe the Aug 12-14 dates interfere with the big TPA poker run

and dammit Im with Jefe -White motors All the Way!

txtaz
04-01-2005, 12:58 AM
Scott, Autin to PK is about 6 hours IF you follow Richard. 2 days, if you follow us with Jennifer navigating. Ooopppssss, I'm going to get in trouble for that one.

Austin is only an hour from us. We'll head up 281 to 20, then over to PK. You are welcome to come visit us and head up or meet us along the way.

Deep S, Travis is cool on quiet weekends but a longer haul for some coming from out of state.

Darrell, I have another baby bottle of the Captains stuff.......steaks again??????

Wes

And now this......

Team Jefe
04-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Thanks Scott (Deep South) for the support...it takes a real man to back up somebody who drives a Hyundai :moped: Also, the Houston crew will be on Travis June 23-26, come on out and visit. We'll have two house boats anchored out in devil's cove.....or you can look for the Donzi Fish boat with White Motors.

As for you Scott (Poodle) I'm sure you are in on it with Scot (HM) on getting the avitiar changed......Funny how as a moderators of this website, I suddenly can not even change my own avitar or signature.....thinks that make you go HHUUMMMMMMM!.

As for the Austin to PK Run. I think you are under 5 hours on the bike...that is a pretty good stretch, but you know we'd love to have the MadPoodle at a Texas Event. I'm sure Key West Fl, thru Austin Texas would be the longest haul.....and we will have prizes :D

Reedy
04-01-2005, 11:14 AM
When you guys pick the date for TR IV I'll contact Steve @ Extreme Marine here in north Texas, and he will post it on their Website. Maybe they can donate some stuff for the Event.

TMANN
04-01-2005, 02:13 PM
I'm in this year... I had a great time the year before. Sorry I missed last year just could not make it happen. I will spread the word if the go fast boat thing flies.

TMANN

Team Jefe
05-24-2005, 03:23 PM
This event is not coming together like I'd like it to. Mainly I've just got too much going on. But I have gotten lots of queries to have the party more centralized...as if that's really possible in Texas....So I started looking at the Highland Lakes around Austin.

Lake Buchanan - great lake, big and open.....but no dock space or decent marinas...you have to be a striper fisherman.

Lake LBJ - Smaller but still some possibilities. We are still checking is out

Lake Travis - Very popular and a really nice lake. We have been checking and trying to find some spots like Bass Hollow on PK. Here is one location, [URL=http://www.resortranch.com/about.htm] the cabins seem pricey, but it works out to about $50/person/night.

I'd Love some input from the Austin area folks on places.

Still looking at Mid-August or Late September. I checked with Bass Hollow at PK and they are booked up solid in August.

txtaz
05-24-2005, 05:51 PM
EL Jefe, You have surfaced. Huuuuraaa. :jestera:
Travis is great for us....It's close. If you need help getting things together, let us know. We can pitch in and do many things. Just ask.
Wes and Jenn
BTW, Nice avitar...who took that shot?

Richard Rees
05-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Basshollow is great,cabins close to the docks, not as much traffic on lake as Travis. I vote for PK.

Reedy
05-25-2005, 08:25 AM
PK does ROCK! Travis and LBJ are always crowded, but all are scenic, in a Texas kind of way. Pick the place most likely to accomidate the most folks. September weather is tough to beat.

Richard Rees
05-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Somebody, set a date !!!!Let's get this show on the road.

DonCig
05-28-2005, 12:05 AM
You bunch of travel wimps, I just travelled 21 hours or 1,204 miles one way to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky for the AOTH and you all are whining about the drive time to PK. I am going to throw down the gauntlet and challenge you to have the Texas roundup in Arkansas at "Table Rock Lake". It is a 900 mile drive for me so I don't want to hear any belly aching about how far the drive is. They also have facilities available in August and September. I will even offer to throw the event with my partner Jefe. So any takers?
Of course I expect the Texans from Michigan to pick up the glove!

DonCig

roadtrip se
05-28-2005, 08:52 AM
"Of course I expect the Texans from Michigan to pick up the glove!"

Hmmm, wonder who that could be?

RT
Event calendar is open in August and September....

txtaz
05-28-2005, 10:19 AM
You bunch of travel wimps, I just travelled 21 hours or 1,204 miles one way to Lake Cumberland in Kentucky for the AOTH and you all are whining about the drive time to PK. I am going to throw down the gauntlet and challenge you to have the Texas roundup in Arkansas at "Table Rock Lake". It is a 900 mile drive for me so I don't want to hear any belly aching about how far the drive is. They also have facilities available in August and September. I will even offer to throw the event with my partner Jefe. So any takers?
Of course I expect the Texans from Michigan to pick up the glove!

DonCig
Don, Since you are a neighbor by proxie and bought my banner to support the board, I won't go off on you too hard. LOL
"Travel whimps" yeah ok, whatever. I think I have 10,000 miles on my trailer in 1 year alone. Jefe probably has more. Richard is up there also with the run to KY. 1200 miles in 21 hours, Poodle attack, tell him he drives slow also. Ohhhh wait, I forget we're all old farts. ROFL
"Partner Jefe"....carefull there....rough crowd.....
I'm trying to swing a week or so in late July to bring the boat up to Evergreen. My cousin is getting married and the whole family will be staying at the house and want rides. I'm getting a hotel. It's a big family. Maybe we could hook up and do a run. BUT of coarse I would have to get off my wimpiness and hook up the boat.
Just a question, if we hold the event in Arkasas, would it be a Texas event?

Glove, what glove?

OK, off my wimpy box now.
Wes
PS, Did Michigan hijack one of us?

farmer tx
05-29-2005, 12:58 AM
OK, I guess it's time for my .02 on the TX ROUNDUP IV. I don't see where the name has any exclusivity to Donzi. Hell we had a B--L---- for a pace boat at the second event. I would say that anyone interested in coming should get'er done. The reason the event has been held in Sept. is that the TX sun is just a little less oppresive, and the crowds have thinned out, being a couple of weeks after Labor day.
Bass Hollow is a first rate accommodation for the event. Very nice docks, fair ramp, fuel other than marina GOUGE, convenience store and pizza shop. Also there are other BBQ and eating establishments on the lake also.
If I wanted to throw an anchor or dock at a bar and toss back cold ones all day,I'd say Travis is the place to go. But I kind of like to hear the sound of thru hulls singing for extended periods of time.
It is difficult to accommodate everyone all the time, but tradition is tradition.

My vote is Possom Kingdom
Bass Hollow
September 23-25
See ya there, :shades:
Mark

Darrell
05-29-2005, 04:31 AM
I like the August dates, lets get it set as soon as possible to secure rooms at Bass Hollow.

Thanks

Darrell

Richard Rees
06-05-2005, 08:57 PM
What do we have to do, to get you people going? If you need a leader, or someone to make a decision, let me know I am not scared to make one, even if its wrong. Let get going before summer over. Thanks, Richard

DonCig
06-05-2005, 10:55 PM
Richard, If you and I jump on the farmer tx wagon for Bass Hollow on September 23-25th; we will have a majority of 3 votes and the decision will be final!

I loved Alexander Haig when he took control! Short but sweet.

DonCig
p.s.- Wes, give me a call before you head to Colorado. Looking foward to seeing you.

txtaz
06-05-2005, 11:29 PM
Just to set the record straight, we are in for any place in Texas. PK is great, at least I know how to get there this time. LOL
Richard, Don....I think Jefe is swamped so lets pick up the ball and make it happen. Send me an email and we can coordinate.
Don, you have a pm.
Wes

txtaz
06-06-2005, 09:07 AM
Richard and Don, take the ball and run with it. I would do it, but I'm getting busy and won't have as much time over the next few months. Someone needs a job. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :bawling: :bawling:
We will help out any way we can.
Wes

Team Jefe
06-06-2005, 02:35 PM
...tradition is tradition. So, PK it is.....as if my decision has any bearing on it.....It seems that 10-minutes ago there is a "Boat rally" happening at Bass Hollow on Sept 23, 24 & 25. All of the motel rooms are already booked for people from this rally, So I booked a cabin....

.....I just hope this is not the Bayliner Lovers Boat Rally.

Wes - looks like the ball I dropped has been picked up and running.

txtaz
06-06-2005, 02:39 PM
What are the dates?
Wes
PS Jefe, nice to see you back.

thriller
06-06-2005, 05:07 PM
I might be in if it is in early August? No BH though:bawling:

I will trade rides for Gallons of Maple syrup;)

I will be hauling a Heavy load with Lenny's Texan Smoker and All...

Damn, I love Texas...Pick a Date

Mike Miller

txtaz
06-06-2005, 05:32 PM
I might be in if it is in early August? No BH though:bawling:

I will trade rides for Gallons of Maple syrup;)

I will be hauling a Heavy load with Lenny's Texan Smoker and All...

Damn, I love Texas...Pick a Date

Mike Miller

Hold on there ehh.
I thought I got dibs on the sticky stuff. :biggrin:
:idea: Ohhh, hey you could ride with us and I get the sticky stuff. WoooHoooo
Drag Lenny along and we will have a killer international PK gathering.
Wes
PS. Got the pics, thank you. Vids? Did I hear vids are coming? LOL

DonCig
06-06-2005, 10:57 PM
OK All,

Wes, if Lenny joins in on the fun; we will have to call it the Texas International or the Texas USA Olympic Donzi Ralley.

I called PK this afternoon and talked to Sue. She said that the Donzi folks had all the "Bonanza" "Boardwalk" rooms booked up but that I could have my cabin from 2 years ago. Cabin 7 by the ramp. Just to the east of the rowdy boardwalk section and very down wind of the heavy mesquite smoke from farmer tx. (Mark with the Headlamp!)

I told her to "book it" for Thurs Sept. 23, Fri. 24, Sat. 25th.

I have very fond memories of 2003 at Bass Hollow. I hope that a few water skiers come down this year for the speed run to the bluffs. Yes, my wife Colleen has volunteered to tow me at 70 mph to the Bluffs. The fact that I just paid my term life insurance has no bearing on her decision. Cig, bring Molly and I will teach her how to ski behind a Donzi!

Rather than pole vault out of one!

Richard, I hope that Helen can get off of work and join the group.

Scot and Kim, I know that I can plan on seeing you there. Our boat "without windshield" is at your beckoning! No comments about going skinny!

And Jefe, you had better be there packing fresh Dorado, Snapper, Ambers and Wahoo’s!

Sincerely,

DonCig

Team Jefe
06-07-2005, 07:12 AM
OK. Well it look likes we have un-offically set the Offical date of the 4th annual Donzi Texas Roundup to Sept 23-25.

If anyone has booked up rooms to help "reserve" them for the Donzifiles, let us know. I too had to book a cabin and I want to be sure eveyone has a place to sleep....My cabin has a few extra beds if needed and a full kitchen.

All you Donzi Girls remember your Red Bikini's...we're going to get some real Pimpin' Shots this year.

JEFE

farmer tx
06-07-2005, 10:21 AM
You guys may want to call Bass Hallow and make sure you are not double booked. I just called and they had me booked from last year. They said there were a couple of people that had two rooms booked, and not knowing if you need two rooms, I couldn't confirm it.

Reedy
06-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Bass Hollow said they only had cabins remaining, so we booked #12. They have everyones names and phone numbers so hopefully they will figure it out if they double booked anyone. Should be a lot of fun again this year.

GG Donzi
06-07-2005, 04:57 PM
OK. Well it look likes we have un-offically set the Offical date of the 4th annual Donzi Texas Roundup to Sept 23-25.

If anyone has booked up rooms to help "reserve" them for the Donzifiles, let us know. I too had to book a cabin and I want to be sure eveyone has a place to sleep....My cabin has a few extra beds if needed and a full kitchen.

All you Donzi Girls remember your Red Bikini's...we're going to get some real Pimpin' Shots this year.

JEFE

Jefe please let me know where to call as I live in Illinois. Trueser and I are coming (not sure about the wives though). Any phone number would be appreciated.

txtaz
06-07-2005, 05:10 PM
Try
http://www.basshollow.com/

Cool some northern folks coming this year. Polly, bring the popcorn, I'll bring salsa.
Wes

roadtrip se
06-07-2005, 09:03 PM
Haven't been back to PK since Round-up number one when it all began, so we're a little over due!

It was international then, when Lenny showed up in the lunar module powered by NAPA pulling the parts of a 16 Classic he picked up from HM in Houston. Thriller and Lenny come on down! We promise to keep the Godzillapeads out of your bed this time... honest!

Madpoodle showed up too, with his lovely bride Heidi and heck, Miami is almost a third world country, so we were truly international. Time for a repeat MP! Fly it into Austin, say howdy to the sister, and bike it on up!

Don't forget the infamous Bruce Donze and his sweet black and white 22 Classic. Bruce, you live in Dallas, so get the time off NOW bro! UPS will live without you for a couple of days!

And Mark has got all summer to get the Criterion at least floating, so we can all admire his new acquistion for the true find it is!

Not sure we'll pull yet, depends on the schedule, but we'll be there and it will be good to get back to the place we called home for sixteen years!

I can already taste the bbq...

RT

txtaz
06-07-2005, 10:25 PM
And Mark has got all summer to get the Criterion at least floating, so we can all admire his new acquistion for the true find it is!
RT
Looks like the cats out of the bag. :party: :party:
Wes

TMANN
06-08-2005, 12:47 AM
We will be there also... :yes:

Maybe Jefe and I can Talk JimG and friends into coming this year also. This should be fun we cant wait.

TMANN

Richard Rees
06-09-2005, 11:43 AM
I just got back in town from Houston, read that the dates and pk has been set,good job guys. Called basshollow and booked at room, so I offically in. Look forward to seeing everyone.

LoneStarDonziGirl
06-10-2005, 11:52 AM
about seeing everyone again. Sounds like we are going to have a bigger group than last year. We are growing! Scot V., what about you and Kim? Sounds like there is room in a cabin if you will just comit! Haven't seen Kim in too long! Jeff, is Amanda going to make it? Hope so! And can you believe we are having soo many people from "up North". The count is up to 4 so far. Trueser I now have it in writing you are coming. Can't wait to see everyone!

Polly :wavey:

Darrell
06-12-2005, 07:42 AM
Janet and I are in, I made resevations yesterday. Hope to see some of you on the 4th, will be a @ Bass Hollow that weekend also.

Darrell & Janet

txtaz
06-12-2005, 08:40 AM
Please let me know if this count is correct. We would like to bring some goodies for everyone

The count so far:
Jefe and Amanda? - 1
Taz and MrsTaz - 2
Richard and Laurie - 2
Poodle - ?
Mark and Yuvonne - 2
Mark and Polly - 2
TMann and ? - 2
DonCig and ? - 1
RaodTrip and Jill - 2
Darrell and Janet - 2
GG Donzi & Tryeser - 2
HM and Kim - ?
Patti - ?

TOTAL: 18

Wes

BUIZILLA
06-12-2005, 09:03 AM
RaodTrip and Patti -2 :umbrella:

txtaz
06-12-2005, 09:08 AM
:umbrella:
Did I make a mistake?

roadtrip se
06-12-2005, 09:37 AM
RT aka Todd and Jill...

Looking forward to meeting Patti at 1K Isles.

RT

txtaz
06-12-2005, 09:41 AM
RT aka Todd and Jill...

Looking forward to meeting Patti at 1K Isles.

RT
Sorry Todd, My bad. It was corrected.
Wes

farmer tx
06-12-2005, 09:55 AM
There is only one Jill (Bowwalker) Somerville.

Richard Rees
06-12-2005, 10:35 AM
What about Sig and the dogs?

txtaz
06-12-2005, 11:21 AM
There is only one Jill (Bowwalker) Somerville.
Uhmmm, what???? Do I need to ammend the list?
Wes

LoneStarDonziGirl
06-12-2005, 04:22 PM
What am I missing? Who is Patti? Wes, we may also have Traci again this year with a guest, never know with a college student. She may want to caravan with you guys and Richard and Laurie.

Polly

txtaz
06-12-2005, 08:58 PM
Polly, She is more than welcome to join our road crew. I'm following Richard this year so we don't end up in Fort Worth or Dallas again. Poodle may be in Austin and join in the trip. Still waiting on a decision from the fuzzy one. Patti is in Michigan but lived here in SA, I think she is coming, not sure though.
Wes

DonCig
06-12-2005, 09:06 PM
Wes, my wife Colleen and my 11 year old son Ryan will be coming again this year as they did in 2003. I have committed to farmer tx and roadtrip se that I will bring my moms homemade bar-b-que sauce. I owe Polly and Jill some
Margaritas!

And I should have a Blackhawk drive on the Donzi when I show up.

Cabin # 7 reserved.
DonCig and family.

txtaz
06-13-2005, 01:01 AM
What about Sig and the dogs?
Anyone heard from Sig? I know he likes to be quiet on the board. And the dogs are cute.

Don, Wanna trade some salsa for BBQ sauce? :wink:
Wes
Ohhh, we are in room 11 at the end of Rowdy Row, close to the margaritta machine. WoooHoooo

txtaz
06-13-2005, 02:43 PM
Is anyone doing the shirts?
Wes

farmer tx
06-13-2005, 07:42 PM
When we confirmed our reservations, we asked who was with us "on the porch". Cig has reservations but have not seen him (or Molly) post. Are you out there?

LoneStarDonziGirl
AKA - Polly

DonCig
06-13-2005, 10:40 PM
Todd and Jill, if you do not want to tow you boat down you are welcome to ride in my little slow 18'. It does not have a windshield, nor does it have any weenie bars or grab rails. But it will throw a little rooster tail and it will have quarts of home made bar-b-que sauce hidden under the back bench seat. Some people thru the years have smuggled alcohol in boats, I smuggle great vinegar/black pepper bar-b-que sauce. Then again, I did buy a mason jar full of quality shine at the AOTH this year. Better look under the back seat!

Fun for all and all for fun,

Don and family.

roadtrip se
06-14-2005, 10:23 AM
Still debating about the high flying vs low flying down to Texas thingy...
we'll see...

As for the bbq sauce, yumm. One point of order here though, vinegar-based sauce goes on pork, not beef. Mark, we better get some ribs or tenderloin in for this occassion. Darn it, we never seem to have enough food!

Bring that shine down too, I may need it stashed away in the 18, especially after a ride with that Blackhawk drive attached. Fourtunately for me, Broadway on PK is only so long...

Weenie bars, we don't need no stinkin weenie bars, but shine sure would be handy! Maybe an impact material life vest too...

RT
Bass Hollow Cabin #8

Richard Rees
06-14-2005, 04:06 PM
Todd, Your not talking about those life jackets that "clash" with your RED boat are you?

Darrell
06-14-2005, 08:42 PM
Taz .... I guess I will be doing the shirts again this year, I need to talk with Scot, but plan on seeing shirts on the Board for sale later this summer.

Darrell

roadtrip se
06-15-2005, 10:05 PM
that a certain Mad Dog may attend given the proper amount of Panhandle jalepeno-cheese popcorn and Fat Tire Beer out of Fort Collins, Colorado are available...

Of course the bbq and creole cooking will be influential as well.

Who would miss this?

I told Ms. Jill tonight that I'm pullin!

RT

DonCig
06-16-2005, 12:20 AM
Todd,

If your a pullin, then I'll be a pullin the fresh fat tire from Colorado.
(I tried to use my native MO accent in the line above.)

Don

farmer tx
06-16-2005, 12:49 AM
COOL, I'll take care of the :chilipepp popcorn.

Trueser
06-21-2005, 11:16 AM
This is whos going from here.

Mike, and Matt Truesdale......22c
Gus GGdonzi maybe little Gus.....18c
Rob SYNACK..... 22zx

Anymore midwest willing to make the drive?

TMANN
06-21-2005, 11:26 AM
DonCig,

I do like Fat Tire but have you tried Sawtooth from Left Hand brewery in Longmont? When I lived in Boulder that’s all I drank. I’m sure you have had it but you can’t buy it in Texas for some reason. That’s some great beer!!! Anyways just a comment... See you at Possum Kingdom.

TMANN

farmer tx
06-21-2005, 11:26 AM
Hey Mike!

Have you made reservations yet? Where did you get?

Polly (Sorry Mark is still logged on)

Trueser
06-21-2005, 11:28 AM
Waiting to talk with you on our options. I booked number 8. we may run down and show up a day early.

Common George... Florida isnt that far from Texas.....

Mike

Richard Rees
06-21-2005, 07:09 PM
We are booked in room number 14. Planning to get there on Thursday. Let us know it their is anything we can bring? Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

DonCig
06-21-2005, 09:37 PM
TMANN, I will see if I can load up on a case of Sawtooth for you before I head down.

Don

txtaz
06-22-2005, 11:18 AM
Updated List:
Who - Count - Boat - Salsa type

Jefe and Amanda? - 1 - 30zf - Suicde
Taz and MrsTaz - 2 - 18c
Richard and Laurie - 2 - 22c
Poodle ? motorcycle
Mark and Yuvonne - 2 - 16c - Suicide (Plus I owe you a set of disks)
Mark and Polly - 2 - 22c or ? - Suicide (Lots)
TMann and ? - 1 - 22c
DonCig, Colleen and Ryan - 3 - 18c
RoadTrip and Jill - 2 - 22c
Darrell and Janet - 2 - 26zx
Rob SYNACK - 1 - 22zx
HM and Kim ? ?
Mike, and Matt Truesdale - 2 - 22c
Gus GGdonzi maybe little Gus - 1 - 18c
Mike Miller (Vancouver one) ? maple syrup

TOTAL 21

TMANN
06-22-2005, 12:14 PM
>>>> TMann and Natalie + Jon & Amber - 4 - 22c

Reedy
06-23-2005, 09:55 AM
Updated List:
Who - Count - Boat - Salsa type

Jefe and Amanda? - 1 - 30zf - Suicde
Taz and MrsTaz - 2 - 18c
Richard and Laurie - 2 - 22c
Poodle ? motorcycle
Mark and Yvonne - 2 - 16c- Suicide / May I have another
Mark and Polly - 2 - 22c or ? - Suicide (Lots)
TMann and ? - 1 - 22c
DonCig, Colleen and Ryan - 3 - 18c
RoadTrip and Jill - 2 - 22c
Darrell and Janet - 2 - 26zx
Rob SYNACK - 1 - 22zx
HM and Kim ? ?
Mike, and Matt Truesdale - 2 - 22c
Gus GGdonzi maybe little Gus - 1 - 18c
Mike Miller (Vancouver one) ? maple syrup

TOTAL 21TXTAZ, Mark and Yvonne, suicide please.
We were at PK last weekend and it is really the best lake in Texas. Deep cool clear water, and cold beer, what else could you want? Oh yeah, suicide please.

Darrell
07-06-2005, 12:06 AM
I was at Bass Hollow this last weekend and they still have rooms for the event. Some how they had us booked twice, and some other folks too, (Mark and Polly you might call them, I think they said they had you down for two reservations also). So I know of at least two rooms that need a Donzi folks to come join the fun.

Darrell

farmer tx
07-06-2005, 11:44 AM
Darrell I just checked and have one room 22nd- 25th.

Later

Richard Rees
07-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Mark, Do you have any idea which boat you will be bringing, hope to see the new boat there.Richard

Lenny
07-06-2005, 11:23 PM
ADD LENNY and DENEEN to this "DO NOT MISS EVENT" :)

Boat optional at this point AND the 2400 mile drive one way... :rolleyes: Been there, done that :)

But maybe, We could check for lost cushions at the back of Pack. :D

txtaz
07-07-2005, 06:10 AM
Alright Lenny. Now bug Mike to make it also. I already put the idea in his head. How about blueliner?
Ohhh, what kind of salsa do you want?
Wes

roadtrip se
07-07-2005, 08:10 AM
ADD LENNY and DENEEN to this "DO NOT MISS EVENT" :)

Boat optional at this point AND the 2400 mile drive one way... :rolleyes: Been there, done that :)

But maybe, We could check for lost cushions at the back of Pack. :D

Paging Mr. Baxter, Mr. Baxter, please confirm your Bass Hollow reservation....

DonCig
08-01-2005, 09:24 PM
If Lenny is coming, how many cases of Sawtooth beer do I need to bring?

DonCig

farmer tx
08-02-2005, 10:43 PM
If Lenny and Polly have breakfast together again you better bring LOTS. :beer: :yes:

DonCig
08-02-2005, 10:53 PM
Mark, I am working late at night to have the Blackhawk running to perfection for this event, I expect no less from your Skunk Quansa Hut.

Don

p.s- I will be bringing the vinegar based bar-b-que sauce, the sawtooth beer. I was told by my family this am that I would have to make this run solo. I do not know what had them most terrified: the Blackhawk drive, the 20 cases of Sawtooth beer, or the Kentucky moonshine for Todd. And then I made the mistake of telling them that Lenny was coming!

roadtrip se
08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
And then I made the mistake of telling them that Lenny was coming!

It had to be Lenny. Of course its easy to control Lenny, just point out that Texas-sized Godzillapead crawling up his pant leg and he's gone!

Somebody say shine?

Paging a Mr. Mad Dog, time to make some airline reservations!

Biskit
08-20-2005, 05:53 PM
Anyone heard from Sig? I know he likes to be quiet on the board. And the dogs are cute.

Don, Wanna trade some salsa for BBQ sauce? :wink:
Wes
Ohhh, we are in room 11 at the end of Rowdy Row, close to the margaritta machine. WoooHoooo

I don't have a room but my truck is very cozy. I do have the margaritta machine I can bring from last year. I'll try and get a room going. Sig

DonCig
08-20-2005, 06:00 PM
Sig, good to hear from you. I assume Molly will be along for the ride. You realy need to train her to stay away from the jello shots at the cliffs.

In case you forgot your poster boy status!

Don

Trueser
08-21-2005, 08:18 AM
Rob,
Are you going? Work will be there when you get back.

Gus,
Whats your story? Did you get the days off work? Will your 18 be the fastest on the water?

Lets go...............

Lenny
08-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Of course its easy to control Lenny, just point out that Texas-sized Godzillapead crawling up his pant leg and he's gone!

...aaahhhhh, Yeppers Todd, that would work :eek: :eek: :eek:

Team Jefe
08-22-2005, 08:10 AM
Speaking of Breakfast. Team Jefe will be on the ground at Bass Hollow 0800 Friday Morning

Mr. Horn Sir, I would like of request some of your fine cusine, followed by a morning cruise in you new baby.

We have to be on the plane in DFW Saturday Morning 0639 to Bhaston for the second leg of the Team Jefe World Tour 2005.

I plan on Rock Starring it the whole way... :hyper: ... :spit: ...Stay up all night and Sleep on teh Plane.

So, we gonna pack a bunch of partyin' into Friday :beer:

Bring On the RED BIKINI's

txtaz
08-22-2005, 09:00 AM
We need to address the issue of food. I think everyone should bring what they would like. Farmer is bringing some brisket. There will be bbq pits available. Anyone else have ideas?
Wes

Darrell
08-22-2005, 11:02 PM
We need to address the issue of food. I think everyone should bring what they would like. Farmer is bringing some brisket. There will be bbq pits available. Anyone else have ideas?
Wes

Janet and I will bring some steaks, Saturday morning we would like to cook breakfast for everyone and we will bring the food needed for that.

Darrell

Darrell
08-23-2005, 10:43 PM
Just to let everyone know, I have sent the artwork for the shirts to Scot and he will have it up on the board very soon. I hope everyone likes the shirts, they are good way to help Scot with this site.

Darrell

Team Jefe
08-24-2005, 08:36 AM
Since we're boat Ho'ing this time...I guess we're going to food ho' as well.....But my services as Kitchen Bitch are still available :yes:

Darell - Standard Shirt Order for me please, 12: (1)XXL, (4)XL, (2)L, (5)M

txtaz
08-24-2005, 08:54 AM
Since we're boat Ho'ing this time...I guess we're going to food ho' as well.....But my services as Kitchen Bitch are still available :yes:

Darell - Standard Shirt Order for me please, 12: (1)XXL, (4)XL, (2)L, (5)M
AND I might add what a good kitchen bitch you make as well.... :wavey:

I'm going to try and talk MrsTxTaz into making some of her drop cookies. We'll bring an extra cooler with food. Not sure what yet, 3 dozen eggs, MY awesome salsa, tortillas, steaks. Darrell give me a call and we can coordinate (210) 681-3557. I think our count is 27, 29 or 31. I have to update the database (been busy with auctions). BTW El Caitan Jefe and Darrell, I'd like to see you guys bidding.

Wes

farmer tx
08-24-2005, 11:01 PM
Well this year we are bringing in the big gun. That POS we have been cooking on the last three years is out of here. Getting the son in law to tow his Texas Habatchi down from Amarillo. Wade, Rachel and Kattie (my grandaughter) :biggrin.: will be joining the festivities this year, also Haley and Eric (daughter #2) and Traci & Brian (daughter #3 and boyfriend).
There should be plenty off room around this thing.

Lenny
08-24-2005, 11:06 PM
Well this year we are bringing in the big gun.

Mark, Now THAT'S a Bar B Que :yes: :D

txtaz
08-24-2005, 11:09 PM
Mark, Now THAT'S a Bar B Que :yes: :D
Lenny, Do I hear a little "pit envy" here? :yes: :biggrin.:

Lenny
08-24-2005, 11:43 PM
Uh huh :yes:

farmer tx
08-25-2005, 01:14 AM
For a price I bet we can hook er up. :yes:

Dr. Dan
08-25-2005, 05:02 AM
:spongebob OK, So let me understand this, you guys are gonna let Toddster off the hook and not Trailer his little Red Wagon down to this Party after he pratically commutted this drive before the Tundra Deployment to Michigan?

And he now has a MYCO Trailer, and it has less miles on it than his Mustang, which I didn't think was possible?

You guys have gotta step it up, Stop talking about Vinegar and Water and other Hygiene Products and get after the Tripster to live up to his name sake? :bonk: ....I expect to see the Evil Twin in pics? We all know he knows how to drive there.... Todd is fast becoming the most public non boater on this board...

Sorry Todd, but it'll be Winter soon in these here parts and the True Boaters think of these things nowadays.

I am sure I musta missed the confirmation of your great MYCO Trailer Trek to the Homeland, to the Event you were so much apart of, maybe my eyes are going on me...Lord knows my hair did a long time ago!

Doc of Anonymous Banter and Cantankerous Badgering :biggrin.:

PS Polly your Goods should still be finished this week I spoke to the great Davemeister yesterday... you will clearly be one of the Best Dressed at this Event. Pics, I want Pics? :biggrin.: :beer:

roadtrip se
08-25-2005, 07:31 AM
Thanks Doc...

No excuses here really... Just a long way to drive for a short weekend.

Plans can change... I have an offer out on the table to trailer "the world's fastest 22" down to Texas, if a certain attendee can get a deal done.

Now where are those 500EFI "update" catalogs I've been looking at?

Team Jefe
08-25-2005, 11:22 AM
OK - let's address several things

1. Mark - Nice little pit, adequate but not too over stated. I am still expecting a full Mark Horn, get you day goin' right, breakfast at 0800 Friday.....of course seeing your beautiful wife and all those beautiful daughters may be enough to get me goin' by themselves :eek:

2. Wes - Bid, I don't Bid. I'll let eveybody else bid, If I want something from Scot I just go over to his house and take it and leave money behind....Kinda like the tooth fairy....now image me in a pink tutu with those little wings on the back :eek: ...enough of this Bid talk.

3. Trip - I would like a ride on the world's fastest 22....but as long as you bring your gorgeous wife and her Red Bikini for to to shamlessly grope....anything else is secondary......Besides you don't see the Doctor volunteerinig to make it a convoy (sorry Doc, I'll make it up to you in 'Sota)

Team Jefe
08-25-2005, 11:31 AM
SPeaking of Red Bikini's...There will be a special gift for the ladies that show up with their Red Bikini's for the Crew Photo Shoot.....As Alwyas the smaller the Bikini the better. :biggrin.:

txtaz
08-25-2005, 12:29 PM
2. Wes - Bid, I don't Bid. I'll let eveybody else bid, If I want something from Scot I just go over to his house and take it and leave money behind....Kinda like the tooth fairy....now image me in a pink tutu with those little wings on the back :eek: ...enough of this Bid talk.
First check the post for HM's sign, then be sure not to show up here in a pink tutu pretending to be the tooth fairy UNLESS you have the sign. I's gots a shotgun. :fire:
Wes
Geessshhhh, I hope Scot takes sleeping pills. That's enough to give a guy a heart attack. :D

Dr. Dan
08-25-2005, 06:21 PM
:spongebob Shameless and Hairless Plugs! Ok, every Donzi Weekend is "A Long Way To Drive For a Short Weekend...Every One! All Toto!" It's what we do, good God Batman if it made sense to drive to these things, none of us would own Donzis in the First Place? :spongebob

Jefe Ricardo Nuevo' I have an idea for some Red Bikini Shots... I could send down an assortment of Red Thongs for a Special Red Bikini Thong Pic Fest?
Atlantic Coast Style... hmmm?

Actually I would consider coming, I used to live in Dallas, and I skiied on Lake Travis many times. I am heading to Lake George in 2 weeks, and am still sorting out the Sarasota Concept...and trying to make it work...right now it's not looking so good to be honest. 2005 is going down as one of my favorite years to forgetta 'Bout it! Ya Know What Im Sayin Here? :spongebob

But stranger things, I said the same thing last year and pulled a Rabbit out of my ... nevermind!

Let me know on the Thongs...I would need an address, or I could send them to Polly...she has stepped up and purchased some goodies from us...and we appreciate it very much. :beer:

Doc of Disproportionate Torque & Stuff Like That There :spongebob

Donzi Angel
08-25-2005, 06:52 PM
A pink tutu and wings???? Jefe, I'd rather see you in one of my red thong bikinis than that. I'll even get you a wand to add to the ensemble if you want --- just NO tutu. Course, they don't call you Jefe for nuthin' :jestera:

Let me just confirm -- Bass Hollow doesn't have any equivalent to Hippe Hollow on Lake Travis, right???

farmer tx
08-26-2005, 04:18 AM
Sorry Jefe but you must have some misconception of farmers, at least this one, I don't eat breakfast,I don't get up at 5:00, I don't drink coffee, so you are on your own with the egg's and stuff. Check with Wes, he gets up at 5:00, fixes and eats breakfast,and drinks coffee. Last year it was all I could do to be up in time for the sunrise run. :cool:

Trueser
08-26-2005, 01:53 PM
Ok,
Looks like everyone is going again. 3 boats on the way!

Can't wait!

Richard Rees
08-26-2005, 07:30 PM
Jefe, Thought you might like a set of these, so you could match you Team. YOU would look good in them!!!

txtaz
08-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Jefe, Thought you might like a set of these, so you could match you Team. YOU would look good in them!!!
Ohhhhhhh man Jefe he got you.
Richard I'm not even going to ask how/where you found those.

Lenny
08-28-2005, 10:17 PM
YEEHAAA !!!

Room 206 at Bass Hollow...Last room...

Now, it looks like Deneen and I have to ride my Mountain bike there... :rolleyes:

I am working on that...

Todd and Jill, where are yooze guys ??? Jus git on a plane, and we'll see yawl there, right ???

:D :D :D

DonCig
08-28-2005, 10:50 PM
Lenny, do you know why you got the last available room????????????? (Other than you are Lucky)

Centipededs buddy, Big Bad Ass Giant Texas Centipedes!! And Cockroaches, Big Bad Ass Giant Texas Cockroaches!!

Lookin foward to seeing you in TX.

DonCig

Lenny
08-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Don, since the last time I was at Possum and now I have a Bsc in "Black Magic" and I can now say that I can "WICKA" a Jigga to eat you whole on command. :eek:

Bring on the Bugs :D

http://www.donzi.net/forums/images/smilies/us-texas.gif

Team Jefe
08-29-2005, 10:14 AM
All I know is we will be there at 0800 Friday and are going to go Donzi Cruising.....even if I have to sneak into a room and borrow some Red 22 keys :biggrin:

roadtrip se
08-29-2005, 10:33 AM
YEEHAAA !!!

Room 206 at Bass Hollow...Last room...

Now, it looks like Deneen and I have to ride my Mountain bike there... :rolleyes:

I am working on that...

Todd and Jill, where are yooze guys ??? Jus git on a plane, and we'll see yawl there, right ???

:D :D :D

Oh we ARE there! Cabin seven or eight, can't remember which, but next to Senor Tamm. Plane tickets have been booked for a few weeks. Who knows, if Ford keeps up the "let's fire every other person that Todd calls on at HQ" game, I may have more time than I ever anticpated to make the drive down.
We got options...

NOW, to the real missing person. Paging the Mad Poodle, Mr. Mad Poodle.
Time to make up for missing AOTH, Lake George, 1000 Islands, and Winni this year. When you can get an outside line to American Airlines, time to book a ticket! You're not going to let me call long distance while I munch on my freshly-opened bag of jalepeno cheese panhandle popcorn again are you? That has got to be torture!

Remember Lenny, bring a BIG FLASHLIGHT, at least then you'll know what is coming out of the woods at you just before he starts his midnight snack!

LoneStarDonziGirl
08-29-2005, 10:34 AM
Hey Lenny & Deneen!
We are soooooo excited you are actually going to make it this time. Are you really driving? If so you better start next week! Just kidding but if you are, you can caravan the last leg with us or fly into Lubbock or Amarillo and ride with us. Can't wait to see you guys!

Polly & Mark :jestera:

Lenny
08-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Polly, we are NOT driving this time. I still wake up screaming thinking about that "drive" 4 years ago. It was like driving to the Moon and back. :eek:

American or Delta will be our wheels this time. :)

Can't wait to see you guyz again.

We are flying in on the Wednesday it looks like. Into Dallas. Then rent a wreck and cruise North to Possum. Take our time and see a couple of things. (read that, look at Bar-B-ques :D ) . I think we are leaving on Monday AM at like 03:30 :eek: or something. Deneen has a Regional manager flying in to see her from the East Coast and it is not something she can alter. He arrives in town at about 13:30 on Monday aft. So we will be home by then... sadly...I am trying to see if she can postpone it till Tuesday but it doesn't look good.

I think I will go open up that other bag of popcorn now ;)

thriller
08-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Yippy.....Christine and I got the second to last cabin/trailer..#21 We should be arriving into Dallas on Wednesday then jump ship to a commuter to hook up with Wes and Jen in San Antonio. Spend a day at Sea World...load up on some Salsa and start the caravan to PK

I'm stoked and look forward to meeting everyone:wavey:

Mike,Christine and Braeden (5rys)

:boat: :boat: :boat:

Team Jefe
08-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Hey Lenny & Deneen!
We are soooooo excited you are actually going to make it this time.

Oh, I see If you come from the Arctic Circle, you can get PJ all excited....Be sure to bring some beers Ay and some Jelly donuts Ay. Hoser :smash: (I have no idea what I just said)

Polly Sweetie - you are excited about a guy who is afraid of a little 6 inch cockroach...when I am going to be there? I thought we had something special, I mean we exchanged Koozies and everything.

Trueser
08-31-2005, 09:00 PM
Fuel cost?

what is it in Texas?

we have 1000 miles one way @ 12 mpg on the saburban and 22 on the Duramax its going to get very costly just to get there and back. Let alone the fuel we burn in the water. Just think if we hooked up the 29 and hauled that down.

Over 3.00 per gallon here.

txtaz
08-31-2005, 09:24 PM
Gas today in SA was $2.65.

Biskit
09-03-2005, 11:54 AM
I just got of the phone with Bass Hollow and it seems I left my reservation for this year last year. I gave them my credit card and told them I would post that if there is anyone else out there that hasn't called to confirm there reservation you might do so pretty soon. Otherwise there may be some more rooms avail. after they sort out who's there and who's not planning on going. I'll be there in 205 and I'm planning on bringing the marg. Machine. Sig

Darrell
09-04-2005, 01:20 PM
I just got of the phone with Bass Hollow and it seems I left my reservation for this year last year. I gave them my credit card and told them I would post that if there is anyone else out there that hasn't called to confirm there reservation you might do so pretty soon. Otherwise there may be some more rooms avail. after they sort out who's there and who's not planning on going. I'll be there in 205 and I'm planning on bringing the marg. Machine. Sig

I got a call yesterday also and they had two rooms for me, So if you wanted to come but couldn't get a room please call again. BTW the lady at Bass Hollow said the lake was full.

Darrell

thriller
09-13-2005, 10:49 AM
Seems that the grudge race could be handed over to Don Cig as Wes is quite possibly a "NO SHOW":eek:

I can't believe it. Let's all PM him and show our displeasure. Seems he has a job possibility and this is what could prevent him from attending.

There goes the Salsa....:chilipepp

Mike Miller

Trueser
09-13-2005, 01:08 PM
OK,
The Chicago group is still in minus Rob and his 22ZX.
WHimpy..........................

Anyway we will be on our way wednesday early.

22 Classic
18 Classic

txtaz
09-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Geeessshhhh Mike, Talk about letting the cat out of the bag.
OK here's the deal. Wes has to get a job so the misses can quit working and we can keep health insurance. We are starting a family and we need the income in the future and DEFINATELY the insurance. We have been living off our bank account for about a year now and that needs to change so we can still buy the motorhome in 20 years and become "summer tourists" up north.
The big thing in insurance because of a pre-existing condition. So I have to choose between a blast of a weekend or securing our future. Sorry but sometimes hobbies has to loose out in the decision making.
I WILL make every effort to be there. Because Don will never let me live it down.
Wes

Trueser
09-13-2005, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=txtaz]Geeessshhhh Mike,

Is that for me?

txtaz
09-13-2005, 04:01 PM
Nope, it's for Thriller who let the cat out of the bag
Wes

DonCig
09-13-2005, 11:03 PM
Recently we have been informed that Wes may not be able to compete in the ultimate Texas Donzi Grudge Race sporting event of September 2005.

Wes may have a business engagement that precludes his involvement in this ultimate Donzi sporting event. ( The guy can not hold down a job! )
I have proposed the following scenario to make things as fair and square as I can for this sporting event in Wes's absence.
I have proposed to Wes that he let his absolutely gorgeous wife and extraordinaire driver Jennifer come as his certified designated driver. The only conditions are those initially expressed by the High Sporting Judge "Jefe" of down Louisiana way, that Jenn shall drive the Wes 78mph Donzi Classic 18 1991 Vintage boat in a Red Bikini and flash the occupants on her way to a voluptuous victory at PK. The course shall be long enough for her to take the lead, but short enough for her to post a win.

Wes has graciously accepted this offer and I am looking forward to this daring speed event that will be video taped for posterity and the Donzi Registry!

Sincerely,

DonCig

Team Jefe
09-15-2005, 07:29 AM
OK - I figured it out.

We'll Put my Angel in the Boat with Jenn....both topless :eek:

Me, Trip, Sig and Harbormaster will pile in with Don....that should make the race fair and Square (A blackhawk drive will never have worked so hard).

just to be sure, Farmerboy will need to be there in some sort of 22 foot Donzi version to keep things on teh up and up. Of course he will be driving so we need some unbiased Judges. Obviously that needs to be PJ & Jill...in their Red Bikinis....well the bottoms of the Bikini anyway :D

Since Darrell will have a nice stable platform...I think Miss Janet needs to capture the Video....Topless of course.

All this is providing that the Race can happen Friday....If not, your own your own casue we'll be doing the Topless Red Bikini thing in Winni on Saturday :wavey:

Donzi Angel
09-15-2005, 09:31 AM
Me, in a boat, topless, with photo ops.......now, now Jefe, you know I'd never do something like that :wink: Besides, who is gonna offer my hooters some support if the water is a tad choppy???? :lookaroun

I am innocent until proven guilty (that shouldn't take long)

txtaz
09-16-2005, 03:37 AM
Recently we have been informed that Wes may not be able to compete in the ultimate Texas Donzi Grudge Race sporting event of September 2005.

Wes may have a business engagement that precludes his involvement in this ultimate Donzi sporting event. ( The guy can not hold down a job! )
Sincerely,

DonCig
Yes sad but true. (Taz <--- holding out a cup for donations)
The funny part is the hot sauce will make it thanks to Richard Reese and my bride may take the PK express from SA on Saturday with my neighbor who is taking the photos. The plane will fly in about 9am and Richard will be the point of contact from the pilot. His name is Josiah.
I hope you guys have fun and think of me as I slave away etching out our new future.
Wes

thriller
09-16-2005, 10:34 AM
Having never been to PK...What should we bring beside beverages and personel gear??

I'm thinking groceries/cooking stuff. What to do for dinners? Pot Luck?

Is there a grocery place close by or do we buy the stuff in Dallas along with another cooler:yes:

Cheers,
Mike

We arrive on Thursday DFW return Monday morning YVR:)

Lenny
09-16-2005, 10:46 AM
Mike, one could eat the giant bugs there alone and survive for eternity.

There is a General store just outside of the Lake.

We have a mail to Mark and Polly to see what the plan is too.

farmer tx
09-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Mike, For those needing steaks, drinks, or anything else there some grocery stores in Graham that we can go to. Other than that you may have to settle for some Texas BBQ. We are bringing 3 smoked briskets and 1 smoked pork loin, and other stuff. Historicaly there is plenty of food. :lookaroun

txtaz
09-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Awwww DAMN.....
I can't do it. Mike I was going to play a trick on you. :fire:

Don't go buy another cooler. Yours is coming up with me on Friday. We are staying till Monday. Your other stuff is coming also. BUT you have to eat suicide salsa for me being such a nice guy and saving you money.

We are staying half way Thurday night and can pick up eggs Friday morning. I expect we will be there between 9 and 10am. Or we can do a grocery run Friday to hold us over the weekend. Whatever works.
Wes
P.S. The Grudge race is on. Be prepared DonCig. I'm coming for ya.

Team Jefe
09-16-2005, 02:34 PM
Crap :mad: wes is actually gonna be there....I thought we had gotten rid of him and were just getting Jenn...that sux :smash:

txtaz
09-16-2005, 02:52 PM
OK buckarooo, I've got your number. BTW, she is a married woman now so back off. You missed your chance last year when she was still single. LOL
Da Taz (Gaurdian of the nuptials)

Team Jefe
09-16-2005, 04:14 PM
.......You missed your chance last year when she was still single. ......

You sure about that? :eek!:

Yeah, Yeah, I know..... :fire: :fire: :fire:

roadtrip se
09-16-2005, 10:01 PM
I did today, because I couldn't remember whether I had booked in for Wednesday or Thursday night arrival. They had no record of my reservation.

We did manage to grab cabin 12, but Truesdale got the cabin next to Tamm which is where we were originally.

Why do I get the impression that the Bass Hollow reservation system is a piece of scrap paper and a bulletin board?

thriller
09-17-2005, 12:39 AM
I'm calling them tomorrow. Looks like I'm coming solo now that the wife just got the word from the Dr. that she's.......Yikes.......Pregnant..:shocking:

It's all good but she has to go for blood work and ultrasounds...We have been trying to have a second child for some time now..... We are both really excited:hyper:

Can't wait for PK:anchor:

Mike

Lenny
09-17-2005, 01:16 AM
I'm calling them tomorrow. Looks like I'm coming solo now that the wife just got the word from the Dr. that she's.......Yikes.......Pregnant..:shocking:

It's all good but she has to go for blood work and ultrasounds...We have been trying to have a second child for some time now..... We are both really excited:hyper:

Can't wait for PK:anchor:

Mike

Awesome Mike :yes: Congrats. ...both of you.

Mike, I think we need to bring a box of Cubans...for this one (cigars, not people) ;)

Awesome news :D

Kidding about the cigars, I would like to get there and not spend any additional time in a room :rolleyes:

farmer tx
09-18-2005, 02:02 AM
OK Scott, (I'm not saying which one) four of the five charter members will be there :D

http://www.donzi.net/photopost/showgallery.php?cat=586&password=

What a raftup, had a tuff time finding a place to tie up :propeller

DonCig
09-18-2005, 06:46 AM
TMANN, I have your three 12 paks of Sawtooth Ale packed and ready to go. And I threw in one case of HEFE for the post race celabration!

DonCig

Darrell
09-18-2005, 07:12 PM
I am so ready for the weekend, we spent most of the afternoon giving the boat a good bath. The shirts should be printed tomarrow, we plan to do breakfest one of the mornings and will bring what we need, we also will bring some steaks for Mark to cook.

Darrell & Janet

harbormaster
09-18-2005, 09:12 PM
I spent this afternoon cleaning out the Z3 for the road trip. I have to put an O2 sensor in it this week befor I leave. Anyone from Houston want to tag along with me?

Its going to be fun. I would like to leave Friday Morning, But might might end up leaving in the pm.

Should I bring the margarita machine? If so, I need to put it in someone else's vehicle or boat. It will not fit in my car. call me 713-898-0605

I am rush ordering some coozies for the event.

I am bring the Auction merchandise for those of you who are coming to the event.

farmer tx
09-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Darrell, We did the same thing today. The smoker arrived at PK yesterday at noon. Now all we need is a few steaks to throw on it this weekend. What day are you going to be there, that way the breakfast thing can be figured out.

I hope this year will be bigger and better than last year. Each year there seems to be more boats and people.

Polly will roll out of here in the A.M. thursday. I'm not sure yet when I am leaving.

Harbormaster, Great to see that you are coming, we have not been able to hook up in a while. Also I think Sig is bringing a margarita machine also. Maybe he will chime in.

I need a boat fix, I havn't been on the water since Canyon Lake.

See ya'll there,
Mark

Darrell
09-18-2005, 10:31 PM
Mark,

I plan on rolling out early Friday morning, I should be there @ 9:00 AM. I'am sure that Janet will be with me, she was broadsided by a kid in a pickup, who ran a stop sign Thursday. She's ok, but extremly sore, she hopes to be 100% by the event ( that's about 50% better than I am on daily basis).

Darrell

txtaz
09-18-2005, 10:33 PM
We are there. Darrell bring our shirts please. We are also planning on doing breakfast one day.
We are looking forward to it. Not sure if the pilot will make it due to the storm coming in. He needs 2000 ft of clear air to fly.
Hot sauce is ready....we got anxious and already made it.
Mark we have some extra peppers.
Wes

Hotspare
09-19-2005, 02:16 AM
Brother Todd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, with my radical schedule, and stuff, I rarely plan these events anymore ...........

Never know (Nationwide) where I'll be more than two weeks in advance, so rather frutile at best to attempt .......

Haven't been in touch with Xtreme Marine this year either, so not sure if there going or not ...............

Hell, I haven't even seen the naked lady for at least 3 months !!!!!!!!!!!!! (what was her name) ................. LOL....

However !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I might be feelin a change in the wind this year ........... And I'm thinkin the planets are lined up too .............

So It's Li-Dis ........
I've got a Football game to make an apperance at friday night, but will be Draggin My Sorry A#% To, (P) (F***IN) (K) on Saturday .............

Rock on, Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Team Jefe
09-19-2005, 07:46 AM
The excitement is building :eek: :rlol: :eek: :rlol:

we are so ready for a break...speaking of break...Breakfast Friday morning. Mr. I-Look-like-Magmum-PI has already told me he ain't rolling out of bed to make me some grub (PJ how have you put up with that for so long). So it looks like it falls to Mr. I-hope-I-can-find-a-way-to-slow-Don-down, who IS going to be there now.

Couple of things
1. Please give HM and really hard time bout being boatless. It really bothers him and gives me some sick pleasure.

2. Darrell, the Donzi Angel would love a ride in your big strapping boat....she's shopping.

3. Bruce Baby...good to see you're going to make it.

COME ON FRIDAY ! ! ! !

Reedy
09-19-2005, 09:14 AM
Mark, besides steaks, what other food stuff can we bring to help out? Wes do you need chips for all that hot sauce? We will arrive mid day Friday.

:sombrero: :angryfire
:beer:

Trueser
09-19-2005, 09:44 AM
Mark,
Let me know If I can help or you need me to bring something.

We are leaving Wednesday morning early.

Mike

roadtrip se
09-19-2005, 09:48 PM
excellent boating, the grudge match, bunch of crazy Candians, the red bikini team, and rumor has it that Horne has a speedo and an idaho packed. Man I hope not!

:eek: :eek:

I'm ready to come home for a few days...

farmer tx
09-19-2005, 11:57 PM
:biggrin: :cool!: :rlol:

Lenny
09-20-2005, 01:06 AM
Yeeeeee Haaaaaaaa :D :D :D

thriller
09-20-2005, 01:07 AM
Todd,

You forgot the "eh" in Canadians.:rlol:

excellent boating, the grudge match, bunch of crazy Candians, the red bikini team, and rumor has it that Horne has a speedo and an idaho packed. Man I hope not!

:eek: :eek:

I'm ready to come home for a few days...

farmer tx
09-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Since we are having a number of flyins and assorted people coming in to the roundup I thought it would be a good idea if everyone with a boat pack an extra PFD for a guest on your boat. I am bringing all I have but with 7 guests that won't go very far.

Also we will do the breakfast friday morning for the few that are arriving on thursday. ( Pollys making me cook breakfast for Jefe???? :pizza: )

Reedy if you want to maybe pick up some prepared potato salid or somthing that will do.

Trueser all you got to worry about is getting down here, watch out though you may not want to go home. A lot of Texans were not born here, but got here as soon as they could.

Jill, On the matter of the speedo, the wager still stands, and for that wiseacre you are traveling with, he better watch it or he may be sitting on the dock.

A real nice gift came in the mail today for the long haul award. But that individual has to tow a boat (Somerville and Green).

Three days and counting. Can't wait for the GRUDGE RACE,fellowship,food,ect.

:party: :party: :party:

Here is a map, 1.5 miles east of the welcome center west side.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31746

Reedy
09-20-2005, 09:04 AM
Mark, would that be Boo Koo potato salad or a boat load? Does anyone have a rough head count?
Three days......
:cool:

Trueser
09-20-2005, 09:05 AM
MARK,

I should have around 12 PFD'S I will bring them all.

You have my cell if you need anything else give me a ring.

ROB........... You bringing the 22zx down. Or why not hitch a ride with GGdonzi, He's leaving late Wed night...

TMANN
09-20-2005, 05:10 PM
My wife was supposed to get the cabin at Possum Kingdom but forgot :bawling:
We are still are going but don't have anywhere to stay now. It looks like Bass Hollow is sold out. Does anyone else know of anywhere to stay around that area???? Any help would be great... Are there any close towns? Or even any camp grounds? Just trying to get my options in order. Thanks in advance.

TMANN

txtaz
09-20-2005, 05:26 PM
Reedy bring chips dude. I think our count is around 27.
TMANN, If you can't find anything let us know. We have 3 king beds in our room. Don't ask, beats me why.
Wes

Darrell
09-20-2005, 06:49 PM
My wife was supposed to get the cabin at Possum Kingdom but forgot :bawling:
We are still are going but don't have anywhere to stay now. It looks like Bass Hollow is sold out. Does anyone else know of anywhere to stay around that area???? Any help would be great... Are there any close towns? Or even any camp grounds? Just trying to get my options in order. Thanks in advance.

TMANN

TMANN, Have them check again a couple of weeks ago they had me and others double booked, If they are booked, Fox hollow and Possum hollow are very close.

Darrell

Darrell
09-20-2005, 07:36 PM
The shirts are here, I hope I got everyones order right!

Darrell

PS. Don't try to open, they are really big!!!

TMANN
09-20-2005, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the offer TxTaz. We have two dogs that will be coming so we dont want to bother anyone... My wife is going to try one more time then get something at possum kingdom then try one of the others.

TMANN

TMANN
09-20-2005, 09:01 PM
We got a room at Bass Hollow!!! Cabin 16. Thay said there was a double booking... Thanks Darrell. See you there.

TMANN

Darrell
09-20-2005, 09:33 PM
We got a room at Bass Hollow!!! Cabin 16. Thay said there was a double booking... Thanks Darrell. See you there.

TMANN

Great News.... My kids were in Cabin 16 when we were there on the 4th of July, they said it was nice.

Darrell

farmer tx
09-21-2005, 12:48 AM
I got a call today from Harbormaster and he and Sig are both boarding up their houses for Rita. If the storm tracks further south say towards Brownsville they said they would try to still come for part of the weekend, otherwise he said not to expect either one of them. Good luck you two. Hope ya'll can still make a day or two. ( we won't take your rooms yet) :umbrella:

Reedy
09-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Taz, 10-4 on the chips. Three king beds, that must be the Honeymoon suite.

Darrell
09-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Mark;

We are going to be there Thursday night, It will be after the office has shut down. They said that they would leave our room unlocked (201). Will you make sure that it is unlocked.

Darrell

Darrell
09-21-2005, 07:16 PM
I got a call today from Harbormaster and he and Sig are both boarding up their houses for Rita. If the storm tracks further south say towards Brownsville they said they would try to still come for part of the weekend, otherwise he said not to expect either one of them. Good luck you two. Hope ya'll can still make a day or two. ( we won't take your rooms yet) :umbrella:

Oh my gosh!!!

I hate to hear that, both of them have the only margarita machines, I hope that RITA-BITCH doesn't come their way.

Darrell

roadtrip se
09-21-2005, 09:40 PM
Getting out of DFW is going to be tough on Sunday night with all of that weather coming through. Jill and I both have to be back on the ground in the midwest on Monday, so we can't get stranded in Texas; as much as we would like to be "stranded" there.

Have fun all and call us for a remote shot of whatever is on the table at the time!

DonCig
09-21-2005, 11:06 PM
Hey Bimini Couple, I can haul you back to the Denver airport for a Sunday evening departure
Are you game?

Don

TheTagAlong
09-25-2005, 10:08 AM
Got in at 3:45 AM last night, slept till 9 and the dog woke me up.... email me for the pix I have, and the videos, ill try and post them on here or my streamload account...

or email me for them: JPierServices@gmail.com

Thanks for all the hospitality and I hope everyone made (makes for those who are still there) it back alright!

John

DonCig
09-25-2005, 05:50 PM
I will not comment on Wes getting his clock cleaned , but his head was definately fogged by the bottle of 16 year old single malt scotch that i gave him on thursday night !!!!

txtaz
09-25-2005, 07:13 PM
Clock...what clock??? I didn't see no stinking clock. I saw more than one watch on my wrist though... :beer: Boy was that scotch good. Thanks again Don. Incriminating photos, videos and tales to come soon.
Wes

thriller
09-25-2005, 10:22 PM
What a GREAT weekend. Made it back home to Vancouver in time to put my son to bed and give him his re-found toys and stuff we left at Wes and Jen's place last April..Thanks again to everyone
True Southern Hospitality....

Mike

Lenny
09-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Just got home. GREAT TIME :yes:

Time for the pics to show up. :D

TMANN
09-26-2005, 09:07 PM
Natalie and I made it home safe and had a great time. Now I have to clean up about 500 tree branches out of my yard. Thanks again everyone.

TMANN

DonCig
09-26-2005, 09:13 PM
I got home this am. 12 hour drive. 750 miles. Stopped for the night to get some sleep. I was not ready to be buried in my Donzi yet since the Grudge Race has been moved to Lake Powell in June 2006. Wes had a high speed ignition miss, so I agreed to a double or nothing next June.

Don

txtaz
09-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Wes had a high speed ignition miss, so I agreed to a double or nothing next June.Don
Mike and I are in agreement that it was bad gas from the cohort marina or the scotch...not sure which. You are on for Powell and the rematch. I think I will use the "Speed Wax" next time.
Wes

Lenny
09-26-2005, 10:19 PM
I think I will use the "Speed Wax" next time.
Wes

..that SPEEDWAX , " AKA Scotch" , was what got you into trouble last time... :tongue:

The Hot Sauce you gave us, ( the Canadian strength and Texas HOT SAUCE :rolleyes: ) is GREAT... Thanx Wes :yes:

Sorry about draining out some of that fuel when you went back to bed on Friday ;)

Take care, Lenny :D

TheTagAlong
10-24-2005, 04:27 PM
okay finally got free time to post all these, the pix are on the first page, and the movies are on teh second page
www.streamload.com/jpierservices/donzi

Ed Donnelly
10-24-2005, 07:35 PM
Gotta love the video of the Criterion SS .......Ed

Lenny
10-24-2005, 09:01 PM
Tag a long, they do not open. The username and password is required.

Do you want to email me all the stuff, video at least? I can get it onto the site.

highlnd@telus.net

Thanx, Lenny