PDA

View Full Version : No hockey...aaaarrrggghhhh!

Tony
03-30-2005, 07:16 PM
I know this is old news, and most people don't care, but I am still bummed out that there is no playoff hockey this spring. Also, it is likely that many of the elder veterans of the game will not return. Steve Yzerman and Chris Chelios come to mind immediately, and also happen to be two of my favorites. But, they are both fighters and in remarkable shape, so you never know.

Anyway, below is a cool graphic I ran across.

BUIZILLA
03-30-2005, 07:26 PM
No Income League

ChromeGorilla
03-30-2005, 08:00 PM
Ain't it grand!?! :yes: I get all my sportscenter hockey free....ahhhhh :biggrin.:

boxy
03-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Chromey, why are you always banging on Hockey, nobody bangs you over the steriod freaks that populate your favorite team/sport. Baseball is the only professional sport in the world where you can look like David Wells and still pretend to call yourself an athlete.
Worry less about hockey, and worry more about your busted skeg.

MrsDigger
03-31-2005, 12:32 AM
Baseball and football have their steroids, que sera sera...what really annoys me are those prima donna thugs pretending to play basketball in the NBA. Why must they continually pollute the airwaves????

txtaz
03-31-2005, 02:06 AM
Tony, What bothers me is that Hockey has gone the way of Baseball. A bunch of winny cheaters who get paid big bucks to play sports for a living, and a good one at that. I'm ashamed. I don't watch baseball anymore, looks like pro Hockey is out also. We have AHL tickets and get our fix from that. Organized sports need to take a look at NASCAR and learn something. They took something not very popular (nation wide) and built it into a huge organization. I'm not a big fan of NASCAR, but definately a fan of success. So Bravo to them.
My .02
Wes

ChromeGorilla
03-31-2005, 05:12 AM
Worry less about hockey, and worry more about your busted skeg.

Yikes!!!!!!! :shocking: :redface: Trust me I don't wory about hockey. :biggrin: I'm just playing around cuz I'm not a hockey fan. I understand it sucks not to be able to watch or attend something you enjoy, but what can you do? Baseball had a strike and it survived. Perhaps NHL will too, maybe....

Now if we could only fix this NASCAR thingy..... :crossfing

MrsDigger
03-31-2005, 05:18 AM
What's a "skeg"?

MrsDigger
03-31-2005, 05:39 AM
Something CG managed to damage already on his new boat......

He even posted pictures of it on the thread on prop covers.. Them Yankee fans have no shame do they???

I admit, I don't actually KNOW any Yankee fans...that I know of. We Red Sox fans are standing in the sun here, while I'm sure all the Yankee fans in the world are still trying to find their way out from under the ROCK they crawled under after the Great Red Sox Comeback.

mattyboy
03-31-2005, 07:26 AM
PLEASE,
ALL OF YOU SOUTHERNERS WHO CAN BOAT GO FOR A RIDE, ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU LIVE IN PARADISE FOR??? AND
ALL OF YOU RED SOX FANS ENJOY YOUR TIME IN THE SUN OH AND WEAR SUNBLOCK IT'S BEEN AWHILE SINCE YOU'VE BEEN OUT IN IT AND THE OZONE IS A LIL THINNER THAN THE LAST TIME YOU GUYS WERE OUT!!!!!
AND LET TONY ,BOXY AND MYSELF COMISERATE THE DEMISE OF OUR FAVORITE SPORT IN PEACE :yes:
I guess I have to watch Miracle again tonight, anyone got a copy of youngblood???

:)

Tony
04-01-2005, 05:46 PM
Or Slapshot, the greatest movie ever!

Laszlo
04-01-2005, 08:35 PM
Tony,

As a fellow Wing nut i also feel your pain. No matter how long it's been i still can't get over the loss of the NHL and more important the loss of the greatest professional athlete of all time Steve Yzerman. Regarless what others say about the sport, hockey is the most exciting game to ever exsist. No other sport comes close. So, with that said, i'm raising my Miller Light, to you and all hockey fans....here's to next season! -Eric

MrsDigger
04-02-2005, 12:21 AM
You know, this lost season is karmic payback for the historic no call in game six of the Stars - Sabres Cup Playoff....Hull was IN THE CREASE and the officials were too fat and tired to make it through another OT, so the Stars stole Lord Stanley's Cup. Of course, it could also be cosmic retribution against Scott Stevens for being such a cheap shot artist....

Lenny
04-02-2005, 12:36 AM
Mrs Digger, I can't wait to meet you ;)

You are definately well versed and educated. Digger did good...