PDA

View Full Version : Loud Boats are offensive?

apollo24
03-30-2005, 01:24 PM
All,

I'd like to get your input on this: Do you guys ever get comments on how obnoxiously loud your boat is? I keep my Donzi at my yacht club, and most members think it's a pretty neat boat, but I think the noise (maybe even at idle) is offensive to a few.

Should I care?

I DON'T run my boat in the early a.m. or late night in the river sections where houses are, but I rip it up during the day out on the Bay, and sometimes on the rivers.

We have a growing problem of ultralights with floats buzzing around, and it's pissed some people off. I don't want a noise restriction thrown up for sure.

Thoughts?

Donzigo
03-30-2005, 08:48 PM
uhhhhhhhhh..........who me? uhhhhhhhhhhh when I bought my Z-33, it had y-pipes on it, with a change-over SS thingy. Heck, I took that thing off first and piped it staright out the back, yup, loud as hell! They hear me, for sure.
You see, I didn't buy this beast to be modest...........I want them to know I'm coming...........my neighbor four houses away on the canal, says my boat exhaust makes his sliding glass doors rattle, when I start em up...........he has a Donzi too, but it's a polite cabin cruiser type...........very quiet.

I say, give your crew ear-muffs and let er rip, dude!

onesubdrvr
03-31-2005, 07:27 AM
Well,

I have been out running the engine on the hose a couple of times, and no complaints yet, in fact, on the contrary. There is this sweet old lady that walks her dog around the block. She was around the other day when I was running it, and as I saw her, I shut it off (was done doing what I needed to do anyway). She stopped and we chatted for a while,....

"I was wondering what that noise was, I heard it at my house before I went for my walk"

"Oh, sorry, I guess I shouldn't run it here that much"

"Oh no, it sounds good, besides, it brings back some good memories for me"

apearantly she spent alot of time on the water with her husband before he passed, they used to race Catamarans (sail boats) at Lake Dora.

I'm gonna talk to her some more, she sounds pretty interesting, besides, I'm sure she'd like the company.

Wayne

mattyboy
03-31-2005, 07:31 AM
change your "Yacht" club in for a marina ;)

I christen thee the flying wasp

hey you scratched my anchor :) :tongue:

and remember alot of states have noise laws for boats some inforce them some don't

boldts
03-31-2005, 04:24 PM
Apollo,

You want to hear loud, come up to Jamestown KY on May 19th! You should hear 50 + Donzi thru hulls come to life at 9am in the morning! What beautiful music to the ears it is. We get a few dirty looks from the Houseboat owners, but most are cool and enjoy the parade of Donzi' leaving the marina every morning. Then, you got a little Hornet named Wa-Lo. :biggrin.: :hyper:

apollo24
04-01-2005, 11:06 AM
Apollo,

You want to hear loud, come up to Jamestown KY on May 19th! You should hear 50 + Donzi thru hulls come to life at 9am in the morning! What beautiful music to the ears it is. We get a few dirty looks from the Houseboat owners, but most are cool and enjoy the parade of Donzi' leaving the marina every morning. Then, you got a little Hornet named Wa-Lo. :biggrin.: :hyper:

What is the event? Where is Jamestown? That sounds cool.

boldts
04-01-2005, 03:17 PM
Apollo,

May 19th thru 22nd. Awakening of the Horses V. Lake Cumberland at the Jamestown Resort in Jamestown, KY. This is our 5th year of the gathering and some of the members here have been to every one so far. Attendance varies from year to year, but I've taken pictures of as many as 60 + Donzi boats and Hot Boat did a story on the gathering a couple years back. We have a great time running the boats as the lake is very big and has plenty of room to let the horses run. When you call the resort to make reservations, just tell the person you talk to that you are with the Midwest Donzi Club. They are holding rooms at special rates for us.

For additional info. go to:www.mwdonziclub.com or e-mail me at scott@mwdonziclub.com