PDA

View Full Version : 1983 Donzi 22 Classic OUTBOARD 1 of 1

Woodsy
03-28-2005, 09:38 PM
the rarest of the rare...

1983 Donzi 22 Classic Outboard. Blue & Honey. THE ONLY DOCUMENTED FACTORY 22 CLASSIC OUTBOARD KNOWN TO EXIST! Hull #DMR220521182OB. Rumour has it there may be a second one, but it has yet to be found.

The boat currently has a 275hp Evinrude V8, 20" Offshore Midsection, Bob's Nose Cone with Dual LWP's, Land & Sea 4" Jackplate with indicator gauge all mounted on a custom setback box. The engine has low hours, no salt and is set up to run on premix, however the VRO pumps and oil tank are there and intact so converting back to oil injection is not an issue. The boat also has Eddie Marine Trim Tabs (Similar to K-Planes) The gauges are Faria, and the engine controls are Gaffrig. The radio is a Sony CD/MP3 player with 4 Jensen speakers. There is a custom made Sunbrella cover as well as a cockpit cover.

The boat sits on a 2001 custom steel trailer from Performance Trailer, Lake George NY. The trailer is in excellent condition, I originally had it made for my Yellow 97 Classic. The only real miles on it other than the 1/4 mile trip to the boat launch are one trip to AOTH in KY and one trip to Lake Geo in NY. The trailer is black with dual axles & aluminum wheels, spare tire holder, inline brake actuator (looks nicer) and surge brakes on the front axle. I will post some pix and some more details over the next couple of days.

Make me a fair offer.... its gotta go! Call me @ 978-502-5465 for more details

Will separate

Woodsy Von Outboard

ChromeGorilla
03-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Man first RTSE now Woodsy...next thing you know GEOO be puttin up his boat for sale! Just messin. I was talking about your boat at work a few weeks ago cuz my buddy who is an OB freak said to me he wish they OB models of the 22. I told him bout your ride and he was like "only 1 made, damn!" I'll have to tell him about this development in the market.

Brian Freeman
03-29-2005, 11:02 AM
Woodsy, please post some pics.

boxy
03-29-2005, 12:18 PM
Woodsy, I have scans of the pics from Florida, and the original build sheet. I can post them if you want.

Woodsy
03-29-2005, 10:17 PM
Boxy,

Go ahead and post what you got... I will take some better pix, hopefully tomorrow when the sun might actually make an appearance here in NH! LOL!

Thanks!

Woodsy

boxy
03-30-2005, 06:14 AM
Here are 3 scans from Florida, a couple of letters, and 1 pic. Somebody is going to end up with a nice piece of history......

Woodsy
03-31-2005, 06:47 AM
Here are some more pix I snapped yesterday.

Woodsy Von Outboard

Woodsy
03-31-2005, 06:54 AM
And a few more.....

Woodsy Von Outboard

MrsDigger
03-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Woodsy, are you going to or did you already end up buying a larger boat?

Mac
03-31-2005, 10:31 AM
What would the price be without power? How fast is it with the current power? Thanks.

Woodsy
03-31-2005, 10:46 AM
Mac....

I can go $19K without the Evinrude and all the spares.... Call me and I will give you all the details on the boat...

Woodsy Von Outboard

DON N.
03-31-2005, 04:06 PM
Boat Looks Like A 18 . Years ( 12 + ) Back 1 Saw A 18 Like That It Was At Lake George N.y. It Was Very Dirty Though . I Remember Blue And Thought It Was White , Real Dirty. It Was And 18 Outboard Though.

Woodsy
04-18-2005, 08:13 AM
I think I priced it a little high... so I am going to drop the price in hopes of selling it quick. Princess found a boat she REALLY likes, and I am feeling kinda generous..... make me an offer I can't refuse!

Woodsy Von Outboard

Team Jefe
04-18-2005, 12:19 PM
Since I am secretly your Hero...you should just give me the thing.

I mean really, I am the only other guy how defends the much maligned outboard....especially ones made by OMC :wink:

Seriously, people it is a collectors item

Woodsy
04-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Jefe...

If I could afford to give it away... you would be the proud new owner! Especially considering your vigorous defense of white eggbeaters! I forgot to mention the firesale price.....

$18,000 with everything... boat, engine, trailer, cover, spares.....

Its gotta go quick so I can get a jump on the other boat...

Woodsy Von Outboard

Woodsy
04-22-2005, 02:31 PM
it's gotta go... Princess wants a new boat....

MAKE ME A FAIR OFFER...

Woodsy Von Outboard

Woodsy
05-10-2005, 09:44 AM
to the top....

Woodsy
07-07-2005, 12:07 PM
To the top... again... ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED!

westwick99
07-07-2005, 04:55 PM
To the top... again... ALL OFFERS CONSIDERED!
Woodsy,
I've been thinking about your boat for months and months. At heart I'm really an outboard kind of guy (but prefer Mercs) and your boat is one I'd jump on if only...

It's just a matter of money and pleasing the Mrs.... she won't let me get a 22 unless I keep the 16 (what a problem!) but it kind of blows the boating budget.

I would love to drive over to Winni and give you a check- ugh! Darn. I'm sorry that I cannot.

Good Luck.

Woodsy
08-03-2005, 11:50 AM
Price for everything lowered to $15000.00

Its gotta go now!

Will also consider parting it out!

Its going to be a great deal for someone!!

Make me an offer!

Woodsy

Woodsy
08-16-2005, 09:43 AM
Looks like the motor(s) might be going... SO... make me an offer on the hull & trailer... Its gotta go as a new boat is on the horizon... The hull & stringers are good, interior and paint are in great shape, you just gotta add power.. you can go OB or you can go Sterndrive...

MAKE ME AN OFFER... IT HAS TO GO!

Woodsy

AndyDiSario
08-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Just curious: What happened with this boat? Did it sell? If so, who is the proud new owner? I'm a Donzi Classic Outboard guy too, also preferring factory-stock hull configurations to conversions.
http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54091

Regards,
Andy DiSario
DiSario@bellsouth.net
561-479-0578

mattyboy
08-30-2009, 10:27 AM
Andy look up at the banner

that's the boat see it beautiful honey and blue

yes the owner is VERY proud but he's not an outboard guy ;)

it 's the harbormaster's boat there is a thread on it somewhere he did a great job on it and he loves the boat it doesn't blow blue smoke anymore ( atleast I hope not ;) )

AndyDiSario
08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
mattyboy,

I think I understand you correctly; the boat has been converted to an I/O (sterndrive), correct?

-Andy

HIGH LIFE
09-22-2009, 07:40 PM
A BIG BLACK MERC 300X would have been my choice. HIGH LIFE

Greg Guimond
09-23-2009, 07:45 AM
High Life,

Email me directly about your 300x

mattyboy
09-23-2009, 08:16 AM
does anyone read the forums??? read the threads??? the offer was made for anyone who wanted to buy the boat and keep it for historical sake, no one bought it and the owner built the boat to how he wanted it BTW he did a very nice job with it. :)

AndyDiSario
09-29-2009, 04:32 PM
mattyboy,

Sorry, I was not yet into Donzi ownership when the boat was up for sale. Now, I am converted, having moved up from PWC. Timing can be critical in life.

I'm glad someone is happy with the boat (the harbormaster, as you point out). Still, I'll confess my heart is slightly broken a unique piece of history is so altered.

I suppose I could do the same thing in reverse one day to an I/O 22. Still, looking at the photos, I wonder if we (my wife and I) could be happy with this boat anyway. In my own thread about our 16 Classic OB, I explain how important it is to be able to easily board the boat after swimming in deep water to cool off on our many hot days. I wonder how I'd add a swim platform and ladder to that stern. What looks to be even more difficult is how to utilize the lid of the enviable and spacious hatch as a good boarding/staging area; our splash well with the traction tape and boarding handles I added serves well as such, accompanied by smaller, but still ample and usable port/starboard stern lockers for storage. (Pics in posts 202 and 203 of http://www.donzi.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54091&highlight=16%27+donzi+o%2Fb&page=14 ).

Andy DiSario
Boca Raton, FL