PDA

View Full Version : well, I have had better days !!

marcdups
03-28-2005, 01:10 PM
I sure have had better days, my Mom is in critical condition back home in Mauritius and I am sitting here kicking myself in the butt, I cannot believe that I let my passport expire, thought that it wes still good for another year, so tonight I am off to washington DC to the embassy to get it stamped for another year, but have to do it in person, at least the ambasador was "nice". well I will be leaving ASAP after that, we'll keep the family posted !!

onesubdrvr
03-28-2005, 01:59 PM
I sure have had better days, my Mom is in critical condition back home in Mauritius and I am sitting here kicking myself in the butt, I cannot believe that I let my passport expire, thought that it wes still good for another year, so tonight I am off to washington DC to the embassy to get it stamped for another year, but have to do it in person, at least the ambasador was "nice". well I will be leaving ASAP after that, we'll keep the family posted !!

Marc,

Please do keep us informed,.... I don't envy you for anything right now, best of luck

Wayne

Lenny
03-29-2005, 04:45 PM
Take care. Looks like that area was lucky as well...

The USGS reported that a tide gauge near the Cocos Islands in the eastern Indian Ocean recorded a "small" tsunami, but its size was unclear. The agency said no major tsunami was observed near the epicenter of the earthquake.

Robert Cessaro of the Pacific Tsunami Warning Center said Monday's quake could have sent its energy farther to the south than last year's quake.

"All that pressure to the north would have been relieved" by that quake, Cessaro said.

"We think this event probably ruptured to the south, with the beam of energy probably propagated to the south toward Mauritius and ... Rodrigues [islands]."

marcdups
03-29-2005, 05:55 PM
After a gruelling drive, I am back from DC, with the traffic close to 18 hours on the road, Diane volounteered to come along and help, we are both beat but was worth the 10 minutes it took to renew my passport, so it looks like I will be departing friday and should get there by early monday morning!!

MOP
03-29-2005, 06:34 PM
My thoughts and feelings are with you was just in a similar situation, I will say a prayer for your mom.

Phil

marcdups
04-06-2005, 04:24 AM
well a short note to let you guys know that I got to mauritius sunday at 10:00 am local time and was unfortunately a day late, I di get to see my Mom before the funeral, as a huge family the support and help is amazing, I will probably stay here till the 27 th just to hang out with my Dad and sisters ( 3 of them )and my seven nieces. we'll talk to ya'll later, take care and god bless.

Towel boy !!

catch 22
04-06-2005, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear that your mother has passed away. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. Jim and Gina

onesubdrvr
04-06-2005, 08:31 PM
Marc,

My family and I offer our condolences, My only words of wisdom would be to enjoy this time with your father and sisters. As we all know, life is fragile, and in the blink of an eye, our worst thoughts can become a reality.

In our thoughts and prayers,
Wayne, Cari, Heather, Rebecca, Sydney and Riley