PDA

View Full Version : AOTH V question for "ANYONE"

Lenny
03-28-2005, 12:42 PM
We are heading to AOTH V again this year.

Question, the "new" pick-up has not materialised yet, (fingers crossed :rolleyes: ) , and I do not know if the '92 Chevy P/U 350 is up to the task with 175,000 miles on it, so, we are contemplating flying into somewhere like " Miami, Houston, Dallas, Georgia, Tennessee, Carolinas', somewhere different this time and then rent a car (unlimited mileage) and see a pile of other stuff and maybe be part of a convoy heading North or whichever direction it is we are talking about. Deneen has a desire to meet up with Polly once againn as well and seeing a working cotton farm sounds like a blast too.

Who is planning on attending it this year from the South East, South West?

I have May and June off this year so it is of little consequence when we start this "vacation" and when we end it...

:)

Trueser
03-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Lenny,
That's not too many miles for a Chevy. Just go for it. If you want you can follow us down from Chicago. Or we can meet up somehwere.

Mike

RedDog
03-28-2005, 01:24 PM
I'm planning on leaving Knoxville, TN early Friday AM and returning on Sunday. It is about a 3 hour drive

gcarter
03-28-2005, 02:08 PM
Jim Collins (Catch 22) and I (also maybe Phil Reed) are leaving from Lady Lake, FL (about 35 miles NW of Orlando. We'll be two or three trucks leaving very early Thursday morning. You're welcome to join us. You might check out the Mouse while you're here. :biggrin.:

boxy
03-28-2005, 03:19 PM
Lenny, if I had to pick a jumping off point, I'd put myself somewhere on the route the boys from the ACDC plan on taking. They're going to hurt you sooner or later, might as well make it sooner..... :D :beer:

boldts
03-29-2005, 09:23 AM
Hey Lenny, can you get the X, you and Deneen to Michigan? I'd be happy to drive up to MI and meet you. Put the X on the back of my truck, you rent a car and visit where-ever you would like to go before or after AOTH. After the gathering, I take the X back to our meeting place in MI and you pick it back up on your way home.

Just a thought and gives me a chance to check out RoadTrip's new larger Donzi. :)

Lenny
03-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Roadtrips , new, larger DONZI ???

What did I miss ?

farmer tx
03-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Lenny, Come into Amarillo on Saturday or Sunday and spend a couple of days in the Panhandle or we will be leaving Plainview on Tuesday for AOTH.
We go through Amarillo (1hr) Oaklahoma City (5hrs) LittleRock (8hrs) Memphis (10hrs) Nashville (15hrs) Bowling Green (16.5hrs) Jamestown (18.5).
Or meet you anywhere along the way. Polly retired from the popcorn place and we don't have to work around her schedule this year.
Hope to see you and Deneen soon.

Later,
Mark

Lenny
03-30-2005, 12:14 AM
Mark, I am trying to get Scot Van A and Kimmy to come too. He is busy, and the boat is eating him up. I know the feeling.

I want to fly into Houston, rent a decent set of wheels , pick up Scot Van A and Kimmy ( after getting $hit-faced in Kemah) :D and run her up to Kentucky with you guys. A stop over would be cool.

Fortunately, (unfortunately for some) I could give a fat rats' ass about the timing as I have 2 months off.

Hope to see you. I would rather drive than fly. I like the places I see and the people I meet along the way. ;)

farmer tx
03-30-2005, 09:12 AM
Don't worry Scott jalapeno popcorn is still available and will be showing up at AOTH. :chilipepp :chilipepp :chilipepp :)

roadtrip se
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
That was close... Thanks Mark and Polly

Lenny, I like your idea of kidnapping the Hm from Houston and heading north.
Many great things to see. Our old home town, Fort Worth where the WEST begins, and then Dallas if you must. Memphis, home of the blues and Elvis. Then you got Nashville and the Opry, BOOM, your at AOTH.

We look forward to seeing you guys again...

Todd and Jill

roadtrip se
03-31-2005, 08:34 AM
Two bags of jalepeno cheddar just showed up on the back porch from Texas.
Read it an weep, Mr. I can eat a whole bag in a single commute across Miami!
Thanks Polly and Mark!

Lenny, I also forgot to mention the Corvette plant and really cool museum in Bowling Green, KY as well as the Mammoth Caves just north of Bowling Green.
Plenty of touristy stuff to do between Texas and AOTH!

Todd

gero1
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
1 1/2 hours north east of nashville, 1/2 hour from the vette plant in bowling green, plenty of room and parking here at the house(18 acres) leaveing out early thrusday morning for cumberland unless i have too many of the localey made drinks