PDA

View Full Version : Late outboards

MOP
03-28-2005, 09:48 AM
Have any of you seen the Evnerude 1/2 hour commercial on the new Vtech engines, if what they say is real they have come up up with a great package. Any first hand experiance out there, I have a buddy ready to replace his his 2 year old Mercs and is taking a hard look at the Vtechs and Yamies he is fed up with the Mercs.

Phil

BUIZILLA
03-28-2005, 09:52 AM
Is it Vtech or Etech??

MOP
03-28-2005, 11:12 AM
He is looking at HDPI 200's, he has a 24 foot Privateer which is a heavy hulk. I like the Yamies, I am a bit sour on the John/Rude stuff but since the take over I guess things will or are getting better. He is really sour on Mercs, must admit I am also. I have two close friends with Merc dealerships and some of the tales are not nice, but sales are excellent go figure.

He sent this link on the ETECH!!!

http://www.wmi.org/bassfish/bassboard/boats_motors/T79703.htm

gold-n-rod
03-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I have two close friends with Merc dealerships and some of the tales are not nice, but sales are excellent go figure.

This is no different than what is happening all over the world with brand names. Companies don't seem shy to prostitute their excellent brand names with inferior products. Even John Deere makes an inferior Chinese-made lawn tractor specifically for a certain price point at Home Depot. People see the brand name and the price and since JD has such a fine reputation, they go all ga-ga and purchase a poor product. JD (or Merc or fill-in-the blank brand) won't feel the fallout for years to come when the same customers who followed the brand as purchasers now leave the brand due to a poor ownership experience.

There's a lot more examples out these aside from Deere and Mercury. They are all over the electronics and appliance and power tool markets too. I think we discussed this issue last when it came to generators.

What a shame. :frown: