PDA

View Full Version : Horsetradin' and status - Viper Update #10

harbormaster
03-27-2005, 01:32 PM
I have been horsetrading and doing alot of side webwork to get badly needed parts and have accumulated these items over the past few of months:

1). Stainless Marine crossovers & T-state housings.
(should I use the washer instead of a Tstat?)

2). I pair of used Bravo 1 lower unit cases with nosecones on their way!(Thanks to 33 Crossbow for these).

3). New trim sensor switches for both outdrives.

4). 2 rebuilt trim pumps.

5). Pair of heavily used GIL Seastrainers in great shape.

6). Pair of Davinci prepared 850 Holley double pumpers

7). Pair of new bravo transom assemblies

8). 2 pair of aluminum Mercruiser (GIL) exhaust manifolds. Still need risers for these.

9). New Livorsi 100mph Speedo

10) 2 slightly used IMCO drive showers.

11) EMI seawater pump and power steering pulleys (Thanks Kent "Mudball")
we'll see if these work. Kent said that they sucked.

12) 2 pair of Hardin marine 2 piece valve covers. I still need the allen head screws for these. Anyone?

13). Have one Gaffrig/livorsi spark arrester. I need another one.

I was planning to paint the engine compartment this weekend but the rain and cold weather put an end to that.

I am working to finish bolting on all the accessories to the engines to get them ready for a session with the Dyno. As soon as the puppies are dyno'd they are going in.

I will bolt on the transom assemblies as soon as I get them. After that I will start installing the K-Planes and Latham Dual ram external steering. I will document this entire process with photos for anyone who's interested in seeing it.

I also need to disassemble my lowers when the new cases get here and build my lower units. I will also document this with photos for anyone who's interested in seeing it.

The interior is entirely gutted. I have a gallon acetone and rags. I need to get after all the left over glue. Once done I will probably paint the inside of the cabin with white gelcoat or white duralux. Could use some opinions or other person's experience here.

I have available to me several types of exhaust diverters. I was wondering what people's preference is; Divert through exhaust or through a muffler?

My main push is getting everything functional. Moving ahead in leaps and bounds. I would love to have this thing going by early summer.

Cosmetics will come about later. As usual. Comments welcome.

MOP
03-27-2005, 01:58 PM
Opinion if you use the diverters no need for mufflers, take advantage of the open exhaust for speed and dump it through the drives when needed.

Phil