PDA

View Full Version : 3V Chevy crank pulley

MOP
03-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Need a 3 Groove Chevy crank pulley to drive sea water pump.

Phil

gcarter
03-26-2005, 08:18 PM
Phil, mine is actually two pullies. The back one has two grooves, and the front one is an add on, it bolts on the front using the same retainng bolts. The ones I used were very shallow and had a flat rear face.

MOP
03-26-2005, 08:36 PM
The add on acc pulleys I have found are steel, the Tempest has all aluminum pulleys. Merc has a 3V in aluminum thats what I hope someone has in their stash.

Phil

gcarter
03-27-2005, 09:53 AM
Phil, did you consider a Johnson pump? $129.00 complete! You might spend that much for a pully. Plus you eliminate a belt. Rebuilds are much simpler and there's just a slight difference in hoses.

MOP
03-27-2005, 12:41 PM
George I had the good luck to find two of the old stlye bronze Jabsc Merc inboard pumps, one was cherry I rebuilt it and for the time being it will do the job. I still am thinking of trying an bronze Obendorfer centrifical, they last for ever and only need seals about every 500 hours. Several of the comercial boys hav dumped the rubber impeller pumps and use them, another advantage is they use little to no HP where as rubber pumps suck up a fair bit. Info below.

http://www.oberdorfer-pumps.com/Spec_sheets/70P%20layout.pdf