PDA

View Full Version : Another great Donzi day!!!

gcarter
03-25-2005, 03:52 PM
Well, we're still getting used to launching and retrieving the Minx and the more practice we get the better, so this morning we launched @ the Leesburg marina. While we were launching, we noticed this Monterey Engineering truck on the ramp with a new model boat on the trailer. Looks to be about 30-32' long.
Our plans were to go South across Lake Harris to pick up some friends and customers, Lee and Joy. Lee is a retired Johnson and Johnson executive. So after leaving Lee and Joy's dock, we went to lunch at Dead River Vic's. We had planned on going to crazy Gator's but the weather forecast wasn't good.
After lunch we tried to get back to our friends house as fast as we could as the wind was picking up and it was getting dark (62 mph @ 4400 rpm w/ probably the wrong prop, full tank and four people on board.
Lee had told me he had bought a new toy and he wanted to show it to me.
After looking at the toys, we got back into the Minx and headed back to the ramp.
1 & 2) Monterey truck and new model.

gcarter
03-25-2005, 04:01 PM
1) Lee, Joy, and Elaine at the Dead River Vic's dock.
2) Minx @ Lee and Joy's dock.
3,4,&5) View of lake from Lee & Joy's back yard.

gcarter
03-25-2005, 04:07 PM
Next we moved out to the garage where the new toy was, an '03 Ferrari Modena 360!
He also has a late model 911 Cabrio, and a very nice Cobra replica which now stays in storage because he's run out of room. Also a HD Road King.

florida gator
03-25-2005, 04:37 PM
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one crazy enough to go out today. No pics, just went down to Bayport. It was awful rough so we headed in to the Weeki Wachee River for a quick drink.

gcarter
03-25-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah, going back to the ramp, we could actually see the storm front coming accross the lake, we got a little wet and then we were able to get a little out in front of it.
We made record time retrieving it. I actually remembered to raise the drive. :shocking: :biggrin:

Donzigo
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
George,

What a beautiful place on the lake -nice dock.

I see it now...........George & Elaine are moving to the water, so Elaine can watch her little boy in his Minx play in the backyard all day long.

MOP
03-26-2005, 04:06 PM
George I am getting jealous, not only did you get yours done but am getting some good seat time.

Phil

gcarter
03-26-2005, 04:10 PM
George I am getting jealous, not only did you get yours done but am getting some good seat time.

Phil
I still have lots of details! I figure I'm about 85% done, but I do get to use it. :biggrin:

MOP
03-26-2005, 05:26 PM
:eek!: :wrench: :wrench: :wrench: :incredibl :idea: :smash: :yippie: :mad: :cussball: :toiletpap :wrench: :wrench: :beer: :boat: :smileybo:

All of the above will apply in different stages!

MOP

Cuda
03-27-2005, 07:35 PM
George, I can't believe how pretty the Minx turned out! :shades:

It appears Lee and Joy don't live in the low rent district. :hyper: