PDA

View Full Version : Connecticut State Trooper 911 Dispatcher

ChromeGorilla
03-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Have any of you guys heard this yet!?!?!?!?! Kid wrecks his bike. Friend calls 911. Goes a little like this forget name of town..

"911 hello?"
"I want to report a motorcycle accident on Incinerator road in tiftville"
"What?"
"There is a motorcycle accident on incinerator rd"
"Oh yeah, too bad" CLICK

The mofo hung up!

A girl called back and reportd the accident again. The same dispatcher says "The one on incinerator rd?" She says yes and he say "You shouldnt be playin around out there" Then hangs up.

The kid dies a few hour later.

The dispatcher gets 15 days unpaid leave for is actions. nothing else. It doesnt matter if the kid was screwin around on the bike or not that 911 guy needs his azz whipped good. Sorry, this story pisses me off. :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat: :splat:

Cuda
03-23-2005, 07:05 PM
That's wrong. I think jail time is in order.

boxy
03-23-2005, 07:08 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050322/ap_on_re_us/trooper_suspension_1

The only thing that probably kept him out of jail was that the kid was injured severe enough that no one could have helped him. 15 days still seems pretty light though.

Ed Donnelly
03-23-2005, 07:09 PM
That story even made it in all the Toronto papers today......Ed

BUIZILLA
03-23-2005, 07:54 PM
Must have been a white male officer.... if it was a black female dispatcher, she would have been fired and persecuted.. :incredibl

JH

Ranman
03-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Regardless of the dispatcher's rude behavior, it was determined that he dispatched emergency vehicles immediatly so arrival of the medics (timing) was not affected. The kid lived for several days but died due to the head trauma.

It doesn't make it right and does not excuse the dispatcher's rude comments, but I don't think he should be sent to jail since he DID his job, albeit in a tasteless and unprofessional manner. Fired maybe, but not sent to jail. Now if he delayed the dispatching of the emergency vehicles, that would be another story.

A good way to increase your lifespan is to not screw around on motorcycles or better yet stay off them altogether. :moped: