PDA

View Full Version : The Blue Beast came home today!

MOP
03-19-2005, 10:07 PM
With the major glass work completed I finished boring the bungs and went about doing a massive clean up, got the center section of the bilge painted, installed the new Bravo shield and gimble. We swung the 383 in this evening and I towed her home, hoping for a break in the rain to check alignment and getting accessories back on. Lots of figuring to get all the new goodies in and moving the old stuff aft, if the weather gives me a break I think it will be up and running in a month at least I hope so.

Yeah I shot some plastic! LOL !

Phil

maddad
03-20-2005, 12:21 AM
A 60 mile step in the right direction,way to go Phil!

Dr. Dan
03-20-2005, 09:39 AM
:smash: Boring the Bungs? Wasn't that outlawed outside of Raleigh,North Carolina? The only Bung Borer I know, I am told lives there on occassion when he's not too busy polishing his unit!

Sorry Phil I couldn't resist...and Dwight is such an easy target! :rolleyes:

Please theres only 3.5 months til 1000 Islands, ya gotta hurry....I would hate to have to cancel my trip if you don't attend....

Doc :smash:

MOP
03-20-2005, 10:30 AM
Well I am back to working outside in the yard, I have stuff that I can do at my kids shop but the rest thing will be weather dependant. I really will be pushing to get it done, a monetary point hopefully it will be a bit spotty as my season is suppose to start, it better be a lot better $$ than last year so I can buy gas for the Beast. Thankfully I do have all the parts needed to finish up, I still have to foam the tank and glass in my battery/accessory bases in and figure out just where everything will go. I am also going to take a crack at making a removable engine compartment bulk head, I can attach it to the vertical supports by the back seat. I almost forgot I need to pick up the bow camera mount and get a long string to activate the shutter! Details, Details! I am almost glad it is raining today as yesterday I worked like I was 30 my body is not happy today its Advil time!

Updated, got a PM and some mail on the bulkhead thing. The reasons for a bulkhead is two fold, safety wise to contain the Halon in the engine compartment if it ever goes off. Also the noise that come forward makes holding a conversation difficult at speed, one afternoon I plugged the crawl hole with life jackets the noise reduction was amazing.

Phil

MOP
03-22-2005, 08:04 PM
TTT Pics
Fitting the stringers Bill used an air saw reducing the clearance between the hull and stringer bottoms to about .015, they were then set into an epoxy fillet to make total contact with the bottom before glassing. This is a procedure used by Hustler Boats as they were cracking bottoms right under the stringers. A shot glassed and a transom shot starting to tab in transverses, he guarantees it will hold at least twice as much HP as my Mouse motor will be making. A shot of the brandy new Bravo gimble assy, a few more getting the engine ready to go in. Last but not least the Blue Beast finally sees daylight. Still much to do including you some more glassed in stuff in the bilge.

Phil

penbroke
03-22-2005, 08:19 PM
Lookin' good Phil! Now that it's closer you should have it back together in no time. :yes:

Frank

sweet 16 1966
03-22-2005, 08:28 PM
Nice progress Phil!

Eugene Nahemow
03-22-2005, 09:05 PM
Spring must be in the air!
Everyone seems to be kick'n *ss to finish their boats.
Lookin good Phil!
I'd better get working on my own.