PDA

View Full Version : help with parts

drozboyz
03-17-2005, 09:02 PM
Hello everybody,

I am just about to buy my first (1997 22ZX) Donzi and would like some help on where the best places (prices, availability) are for purchasing exhaust tips, msd ignition, air cleaner, etc.... Also replacement cosmetic parts oem.

Thanks,

Drozboyz

onesubdrvr
03-17-2005, 09:12 PM
Congrats on the upcoming new boat

Having just rebuild a v-8 for my boat, I can offer some advice. As far as performance parts, shop around. I bought most of mine from Jegs, but you might find something cheaper here, and something else cheaper there.

Exhaust Tips - there are a bunch out there, Corsa's are pretty popular, but do a web search, and find the ones that you like

Air Cleaner - Well, there are those that may disagree with me, or do it different, but my understanding is that the Coast Guard requires a Flame Arrestor on the carb vice a standard air filter. I took my stock one and have polished it.

Good luck, and shoot us some pictures when you get your new boat

Wayne

John W
03-17-2005, 11:03 PM
As par as parts try www.rexmarine.com. They had the best price on K7N flame arrestors and well as billet accesories.
Good luck

harbormaster
03-18-2005, 07:32 AM
You cannot beat the prices of Frank at http://www.trickmarine.net/
You need to call him directly for the best price. He cannot publish his "best price" on the web.