PDA

View Full Version : Donzi's spotted

Cuda
03-17-2005, 05:18 PM
I had to send Debbie to Stuart today from Orlando. She called me and said she saw a baby blue 18 and another boat headed north up the turnpike. I imagine it was Poodle headed to Mt Dora.

onesubdrvr
03-17-2005, 05:24 PM
I had to send Debbie to Stuart today from Orlando. She called me and said she saw a baby blue 18 and another boat headed north up the turnpike. I imagine it was Poodle headed to Mt Dora.

:embarasse Doesn't look like I'm making it to Dora, a little trip out of her way, and she could have seen the Rag.

Wayne

Cuda
03-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I still haven't heard from my mechanic after leaving several messages. I'm pissed! I'm driving there tomorrow and getting my damn boat whether it's done or not. You would think six weeks would be enough lead time to get it fixed. :banghead: :angryfire

onesubdrvr
03-17-2005, 06:48 PM
I still haven't heard from my mechanic after leaving several messages. I'm pissed! I'm driving there tomorrow and getting my damn boat whether it's done or not. You would think six weeks would be enough lead time to get it fixed. :banghead: :angryfire

I'd say 6 weeks is more than enough time to replace a starter, find out why it's splitting them,....maybe not for the paint, BUT,....8hrs/day * 5 work days/week * 6 weeks,....hmmmm

Fish boy
03-17-2005, 09:19 PM
dang Joe, anything I can do from over here??

Cuda
03-18-2005, 05:49 AM
I'd say 6 weeks is more than enough time to replace a starter, find out why it's splitting them,....maybe not for the paint, BUT,....8hrs/day * 5 work days/week * 6 weeks,....hmmmm
It's not the starter on the Minx, I have a couple of lifters that were bad from the get go apparently.

onesubdrvr
03-18-2005, 08:03 AM
It's not the starter on the Minx, I have a couple of lifters that were bad from the get go apparently.
That's right, my bad, but still, it shouldn't take that long - I know everyone is busy before the season really kicks up, but still!!

Wayne

chip w
03-18-2005, 10:42 AM
Cuda, who's working on it? Nick? He took about 6 weeks with mine through the holidays, but when he finally got it done it was right.

I saw him at a bike night near his shop a couple of weeks ago. I should have asked him how it was going with your boat.

Cuda
03-19-2005, 08:13 AM
Cuda, who's working on it? Nick? He took about 6 weeks with mine through the holidays, but when he finally got it done it was right.

I saw him at a bike night near his shop a couple of weeks ago. I should have asked him how it was going with your boat.

Yep, it's at Nick's. They got it fired up yesterday, then called me and said it wouldn't be ready because now there is knocking in the bottom end. :(

Cuda
03-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Fishboy made it here last night after taking the scenic route to get here. He just left to go to Dora. I'm waiting for Deb to get out of bike class, then we'll ride up to Crazy Gator.

joseph m. hahnl
03-19-2005, 02:42 PM
Yep, it's at Nick's. They got it fired up yesterday, then called me and said it wouldn't be ready because now there is knocking in the bottom end. :(
OH NO!!! THAT COULD MEAN YOU SPUN THE ROD. OR MAIN BEARING. THAT COULD LEAD TO GALLING ON THE CRANK .WHICH MEANS MOTOR PULL AND REGRINDING THE CRANK SHAFT IF IT SCORED THE JOURNALS. I HOPE THAT'S NOT THE CASE. I GOT MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR YOU .GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1