PDA

View Full Version : To My E-Mailing Buddies

Walt. H.
03-17-2005, 11:46 AM
Note:
I'm going to be off the computer or have less time to spend on it this coming week or so.

Reason:
My wife Rita had minor elective vascular leg surgery yesterday for a simple "knotty surface vein removal" that lead to her having some during surgery complications with a blood clot. "doctor/surgeon screw-up maybe but i'll never know for sure". :angryfire ("radio frequency micro waves to dissolve the vein with a cathode probe to burn it set at the wrong temp?).

She's home today but she has to be watched closely and will be on oral blood thinner meds for a while 4-6 weeks and I have to inject her with a hypo with some other type blood thinners twice a day for the next 3 to 7 days depending on the next few blood test levels. (she won't inject herself so I get the pleasure to do it) :biggrin:
All this because a clot traveling the lung - heart - brain could ruin a person's afternoon.

Forget about doing the other leg now, one screw-up is enough!! :yes: :angryfire

Walt

onesubdrvr
03-17-2005, 01:22 PM
Sorry to hear of the complications

When my daughter was 3 months old, she had open heart surgery to repair a hole in her heart. The surgery went flawlessly, however, after the surgery, her IV (on an infant, often done in the foot or the back of the hand), got blocked and the meds were then not going into the blood, but rather under the skin. She ended up with a NASTY chemical burn, which has left a scar that is worse than the scar on her chest from the surgery.

Take care of the missus,

Wayne

Fish boy
03-17-2005, 04:01 PM
Hey Walt, I am sorry to hear things did not go as smoothly as they should have. I will keep Rita in my thoughts and prayers. Get Her well, and we will be here when you come back.

fish

Walt. H.
03-18-2005, 02:49 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and prayer
and a few toast or two also helped.

Rita is feeling ok so far overall regarding the clot, and her leg doesn't hurt much. But she developed a cough and a slight temp 100.8 to 101.4 even with taking Tylenol yesterday. So with a call to her Doctor we we're back to the Hospital for more blood & urine test with a chest x-ray. Findings we're a "little pneumonia" in her left lung. Back home again as of last night with another prescription to treat the pneumonia with an antibiotic.

What aggravated me about her doctor was when he dismissed the blood clot as nothing for me to be concerned about. My reply was listen: Nothing To Be Concerned About? Listen DOC: If you brought your BMW 735 in for scheduled service and while it was there someone crashed it, and you we're told "it's nothing to worry about" we'll take care of it. You would be screaming it'll never be the same! Well doc this is much more serious.

But thats not the issue of my concerns right now, plus I have calmed down and have my priorities in order.

Thanks all, i'm off with Rita for more scheduled lab test

Walt