PDA

View Full Version : Arctic Oil

Cuda
03-16-2005, 04:57 PM
Do you think it's coincidence that the price of oil spiked just before the senate had to vote on whether to allow drilling or not? I've never been one that subscribes to conspiracy theories, but this one had me going hmmm. The senate passed it today 51 to 49.

MrsDigger
03-16-2005, 05:48 PM
I personally support drilling ANWR; however, that has little bearing on the subject at hand. The truth is that all the financial news organizations have been predicting a significant increase in oil prices for months. The spike you see has been expected and is no surprise to those who have been watching the markets.

BUIZILLA
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
So, What's The Reason For The Spike This Time???

gcarter
03-16-2005, 06:35 PM
So, What's The Reason For The Spike This Time???

Two things Jim;
1) The quickly expanding Chinese economy and the fact they have very little of their own oil.
2) and the fact that oil is priced in US dollars and the dollar is WAY down right now so if you're buying in Euros or Pounds, the price of oil hasn't gone up at all.
So it's partly unprecedented demand and partly currency fluctuations.

MrsDigger
03-16-2005, 06:53 PM
I'm not sure if this thread was intended to be about the high cost of oil, or about ANWR, but I've done some research on ANWR and suggest the following sources:
http://www.akrdc.org/newsletters/2001/april.pdf
www.ANWR.org (http://www.ANWR.org)

I guess we should all be glad that our cars don't run on Diet Coke or milk....or even bottled water, these days...

Darrell
03-20-2005, 08:57 PM
Do you think it's coincidence that the price of oil spiked just before the senate had to vote on whether to allow drilling or not? I've never been one that subscribes to conspiracy theories, but this one had me going hmmm. The senate passed it today 51 to 49.

I think it has allways been a priority of this current administration to to drill in ANWR. And the current spike in oil prices didn't hurt arguments of the oil industry that now is the time to open it up. I don't believe in a conspiracy, just once again a good use of current situations to change policy.

Darrell

PS I'm still going to take my Donzi with the big ole 502 to the lake every weekend, however we might do a little more raffting-up this year. 94 gallon tank X 2.00+ gas , Yipes, you do the math.:bonk:

Cuda
03-20-2005, 09:11 PM
PS I'm still going to take my Donzi with the big ole 502 to the lake every weekend, however we might do a little more raffting-up this year. 94 gallon tank X 2.00+ gas , Yipes, you do the math.:bonk:
I can sympathise, my 302 Formula holds 168 gallons, and I have to run 93 octane. :bawling:

gcarter
03-21-2005, 06:14 AM
Yep. I filled mine up for this weekend at Dora @ $2.26/gallon!!! :kaioken:

offshoregasm
03-21-2005, 08:36 PM
I can sympathise, my 302 Formula holds 168 gallons, and I have to run 93 octane. :bawling:

looks like I bought the V-Rod just in time :odie:

offshoregasm
03-21-2005, 08:38 PM
wtf, I thougt that Odie's head was supposed to show for this icon :odie: